THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar 750 Points (revamped and used list)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

Dark Eldar 750 Points (revamped and used list) Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar 750 Points (revamped and used list)   Dark Eldar 750 Points (revamped and used list) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 06:38

So, I posted my old 750 Point list that I made in ten minutes a day or two ago and after some advice and research, I revampped the old list. I want to thank Ftayl5 and Dracon for their advice and showing me my mistakes that I had with my list. So, I had made this list because the player I was going against likes to depend on shooting. I had only seen him play Tau but he ended up playing Eldar but with the same tactics of stay far away which helped me with my list. So, the new list that I made with some anti shooting in mind. Again, I would like to hear thoughts, opinions, and possible changes I should make. I am having fun with this and hopfully I can maybe do a 1000 point army soon.

Squad 1
HQ Succubus with a Venom Blade, Blast Pistol, and Haywire Gernades
9 Wyches with Haywire Gernades and one Hydra Gauntlet (One of the wyches were upgraded to a heaxatrix with a venom blade)
Raider with Envenomed Blade, Flicker Shield, and Night Shields

Squad 2
3 Reavers - One with a Heat Lance and a Cluster Caltrops

Squad 3
5 Kabalite Warriors with one with a Shredder
Venom with Envenomed Blade, Chain Snare, Splinter Cannon, and Night Shields

Squad 4
5 Kabalite Warriors with one with a Shredder
Venom with Envenomed Blade, Chain Snare, Splinter Cannon, and Night Shields

Squad 5
Talos Pain Engine with a Close Combat Weapon, Stinger Pod, and Ichor Injector

(The battle report to best of memory)

So, I had been working on this list to prepare against someone who was heavy on shooting from afar so I made my list for speed and avoiding the hits as best as they could. So, he had an Eldar army with two walkers, two squads of six shooters and one of them being an HQ, and a small group of four with meltas and I think a HQ as well. In the middle of the field was buildings with a small triangular courtyard in the middle with a statue and the edges were very thin. I set up my army with the two venoms and the pain on the right side and my Raider and Reavers on the left side with a huge building giving me some cover. I failed to steal first turn so he moved up his men behind the buildings and turning the courtyard into a crossfire zone. The two edges were being protected by his Walkers and the meltas on one side. He started off firing at my raider and luckily I was able to get by with his bad rolls and my flicker shield. However, he soon turned his attention on my reavers and dropped them fast. So, at the top of my turn, I moved the raider around the building infront of me so only one of the two walkers could see me and just outside of line of sight of the courtyard crossfire. I then moved my two venoms up front of the right side just outside of range of the crossfire as well but still in range of the two walkers. Pain followed up behind and I started shooting. My Raider and Succubus started with potshots at the one walker that could see and I was able to make it useless for the rest of the game. The second walker I got a stun on but he was able to shake it off because of his machine spirit like upgrade. I was able to get some shots on his two squads of men hiding and was able to knock some out but he was still holding position. So. His second turn shooting, he moved one squad of troops up behind the statue in the middle and tried to take a pot shot at it but my Darkness shield made most of his attacks useless and he didn't want to get in range of my rapid fire. So, he then moved his melt troops around the building at my flank and started open firing on my two venoms making them so they couldn't move but still fire. I continued to take pot shots at his men and moved Pain further up on my turn. I kept my raider back still just out of range but I continued to take pot shots and hit some of the squads he had. Then, On turn three, he moved his men in range a bit and opened fire on my Venoms. I guess he realized they were a threat where they were. So, he ended up blowing up one of them and the explosion killed three of the five men in the vehicle and leadership made it that my men could still continue to fight. The second venom wrecked so my men had to deboard and use it for cover. During his assault phase, he started to pull back his troops some but was unable to get his troops far enough away. So, my turn three I see this as my moment. I move the raider to cut off any possible retreat for the men behind the statue and put myself in rapid fire range of the two squads. The two men from one venom moved up to take position to join the shooting the raider would be in and pain moved in closer to join the shooting as well. The five warriors in the other venom hustled around it and I was able to get close enough to do some shooting. Some, the five man squad shot and only did a wound to the HQ. The raider however, it first opened fire with the lance and did a wallop of hits followed by the rapid fire from the crew at the squad hiding behind the building. He lost so many men that when he went to do a leadership test, he failed it and ran off the board. The group behind the statue was then fired upon and lost only one man out of the whole shooting from two guys and Pain. Before Assaulting, I disembarked my wychs, hexatrix, and succubus ready to assault the next turn. Then, came the assault. My five man team swarmed the melta team, the two man team assaulted the squad behind the statue, and Pain moved closer. We started with the assault of the meltas and my five squad. He got one of my guys before I could assault back. I was barely able to get a wound in but when it hit, he had to do a leadership roll and failed it, causing that squad to run off the board. We were about to start the other assault that I had when he told me he gives up, he had no way of winning.
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar 750 Points (revamped and used list)
Page 1 of 1