THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vensye
Slave

First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points Empty
PostSubject: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 17:08

Hey I would like some input on this list. I'm going against Tyranids but I don't want to specifically set up my army to fight one opponent. I'm looking for an all comers list and here is my first attempt.

(Updated on 2-15)
HQ

1x Archon @ (75pts) w/ Blaster {Goes with the Blasterborn}

1x Succubus @ (70pts) w/ HWG {Goes with large group of wyches on raider}

Elites

3x Kabalite Trueborn @ (146pts) w/ 3x Blasters {Tank hunters}
Transport - Venom w/ 2x Splinter cannon

Troops

10x Kabalite Warriors @ (170pts) {Shooting shooting and more shooting}
Transport - Raider w/ nightshield, splinter rack

8x Wyches @ (191pts) w/ HWG, Hekatrix (w/ venom blade), 1x Shardnet and Impaler {Assualt team/possible tank killers}
Transport - Raider w/ Flickerfield

5x Wyches @ (115pts) w/ HWG {Objective capture team}
Transport - Venom

5x Wyches @ (115pts) w/ HWG {Objective capture team}
Transport - Venom

Heavy Support

1x Ravager @ (115pts) w/ 3x Disintegrator cannons, Nightshield {For AI}

Total: 997

I took all your advice and have updated the list could use more help refining it.

Last edited by Vensye on Fri Feb 15 2013, 14:47; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Revised List 2-15)
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 17:39

Welcome to the Dark City

Here is a few tips for you:

Venoms cost 65pts since the second splinter cannon is almost too good for them Twisted Evil

Your Trueborns are a bit odd. What is their mission in the game?

Reavers are better if they are one unit. And I'd select ether caltrops or blasters but not both. They are ether blade vaning or shooting but not both.

And:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1132-posting-lists-from-army-builder-and-simular-programs
Back to top Go down
Vensye
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 18:24

Oops on the army builder thingy I'll fix that. Also I'm not entirely sure why I put them in lol.
Back to top Go down
Vensye
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 16:53

Bump....

I updated the list I do hope it looks better now. Still eager to get some input
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 17:29

The blasterborn dont need the haywire grenades.
Three lances or three dizzies on the Ravager.
Your vehicles only need 1 field, if that, if you plan on sitting back, take a night. You should always get a 5+ cover from moving, so a 5++ is less helpful than it sounds.

I'd be tempted to use dizzies on the Ravager, you have two dark lances on the raiders and 8 blasterborn, so AT is probably taken care of, 9 dizzie shots is going to hurt almost anyting.
Back to top Go down
Drev
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 18:28

I would echo what DominicJ said mostly.

Also, find enough room to add more troop choices. I learned the hard way that too few troops can easily = game losses, even when you nearly wipe out the other side. You will need to make up some points somewhere to do this. You can drop one unit of trueborn(TB), cut down the TB squads to 3 and free up a few points, split the wych squads into smaller squads, drop one Haemo, etc. There is no absolute answer but I really think you need more troops! Hard to control more than two objectives with only two troops.

Drop the HWG from the truborn. You don't want them using grenades on vehicles, they already have blasters.
Give one (or all) wych squads HWG. This will make them lethal against mech and gives you more all comers options and creates a greater number of threats for the enemy to consider. HWG are cheap for wyches.
At 1000 pts you probably won't see much mech but this will give you more options to deal with it if you do see it.
Ravager...either dissies or lances, don't mix. Ravager should stay at range so the NS may be more useful to limit return fire.
Wych raiders will be closing with the enemy, NS may be a luxury item there.

Personally (and trying to keep it close to what you have listed now), I would drop one unit of TB and shrink the other to 3, create a large squad of kabalite warriors in a raider, cut the wych squads to 5 and put them in venoms (4x squads now), and make the ravager all lances. Haemis start with the warrior squad and with a wych squad (who then mounts a venom and flies away). This will give you 7 different units that can threaten mech (TB, HWG wyches, raider, ravager...if you see much mech) while also giving you more AI bite with the additional venoms. Lances can be used effectively against elite (2+) models in a foot list as well. Smaller units also make it much less painful when a skimmer goes poof, which WILL happen. Upgrades will be almost non existent so nothing is hurt if you lose a squad. You sacrifice CC ability but softening up units with splinter cannons first should more than make up for that.

All that said, it really comes down to your play style and preferences. Experiment and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Vensye
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 19:54

I'm playing with points right now. I agree that I need more troops so what I'm thinking about doing is dropping a TB squad, drop the other one to three. I'll also add 9x Kabalite warriors in a raider with splinter rack and nightshields. This will be an AI vehicle. I'm also thinking about keeping one wych squad the way it is but split the other one into two squads of 5 wychs in vemons.

Also I'm considering fielding instead of two Haemuncli, I'd field an archon (with blaster to go with the TB) and a succubus (not sure what gear yet to go with the raider bound wych squad).
Back to top Go down
Vensye
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 19:15

Bump

Mainly because I've altered the list. Still looking on help to refine this list.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 19:47

I'd drop the Hekatrix and the shardnet to buy your succubus an agoniser

The shardnet only really works in a blood brides squad, if they are fighting MCs (or walkers)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points   First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Dark Eldar army list 1000 points
Page 1 of 1