THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Succubus Builds?

Go down 
+4
Evil Space Elves
Anggul
ftayl5
TheMandrake
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMandrake
Slave

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 22:27

I have a 'friendly' game at my local GW store in the next few weeks. At present, I don't even have an army list drawn up.

I'm facing Tau, or Space Marines - or possibly Necrons - I'd suspect Tau; I'm thinking of running melee heavy and taking a succubus as a HQ choice, maybe even 2

However, the dilemma I have is what to outfit my succubi with - I love the idea of Hydra Gauntlets, but after snipping the bits off the sprue and pottering about for an hour or so, I'm now thinking that razorflails might be a far far better choice.

I'm very VERY new to DE tactics - having played Tyranids for a long time, so I'm looking for suggestions on what I should take across 2 Succubus HQ choices. They will, most likely, be in Wych squads for a bit of safety.

If my opponent decides he's running Necrons, I'm going Haemonculus with Wracks as my HQ choices for as many hexrifles as possible... 'I'll be back'? Not as a statue, you won't!
Back to top Go down
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 22:40

I'd just go for Venom Blade and nothing else. Get through the toughness of anything out there with ease and then just hope to break the armour save on sheer volume of wounds.

You could take an agoniser instead for armour pen, which would be sufficient and good against crons +tau but can't deal with the terminator armour of marines.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 23:47

I would usually go for agoniser. Reliable and effective against anything without 2+ armour. If it's got 2+ armour (chances are it will ignore armour in combat), shoot it to death or assault it with a Wych squad that doesn't have a Succubus in it so you don't waste her.

Our HQs aren't good against anything with 2+ armour any more, but they're still just as good against everything else, and we can deal with the 2+ armour in other ways. It's just a shame that Succubi can't actually beat most enemy ICs in a challenge any more, which is really stupid considering their fluff.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 01:01

I usually go for the agonizer and nothing else. I attach her to squads that have HWG's already and can't see dropping another 5pts. The venom blade is tempting though....All in all, she is a very point efficient HQ that usually makes her points back if you pick your fights right. Happy hunting Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 10:16

Venom blade and take 2? Only 70 points each, 75 with HWG's.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 10:59

Power Spear + Venom Blade + Haywire nades.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 12:09

I am a big fan of the venom blade succubus, 70 points is a bargain for something so killy, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Otherwise power spear and venomblade is a fun combination if I feel like being fancy.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 16:38

power spear, or agoniser for me. Although the venom blade is looking more like a good choice, Ive ended up seeing less 2+ in regular troops, which is what she should be chewing up on anyway
Back to top Go down
TheMandrake
Slave

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 19:32

Thanks guys

I have plumped for an Agoniser - I was going to take Haywire Grenades, but my succubus is going into a unit of Wracks and my Haemonculus is going into a unit of Wyches with 'nades...

Pain tokens for FNP all around!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 19:54

TheMandrake wrote:

Thanks guys

I have plumped for an Agoniser - I was going to take Haywire Grenades, but my succubus is going into a unit of Wracks and my Haemonculus is going into a unit of Wyches with 'nades...

Pain tokens for FNP all around!

Good plan. Putting HWG's on a Succubus being attached to Wracks without HWG's would really make no sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Succubus Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus Builds?   Succubus Builds? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succubus Builds?
Page 1 of 1