THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vect+ Haemies Deathstar

Go down 
+4
1++
Nomic
Enfernux
wittykid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wittykid
Hellion

Vect+ Haemies Deathstar Empty
PostSubject: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:07

I thought of a stupidly funny idea where you use the dual FOC to put Vect and 9 Haemonculi into his Dais of Destruction. You could give them all flesh gauntlets and clone fields to make them stupidly good in cc especially against anything with multiple wounds. You could then add any number of arcane wargear for more crazy shenanigans. Obviously this wouldn't be a very serious competitive build but what are everybody's thoughts on it otherwise?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:11

sick...in a positive way...but sick none the less XD 890 pts and the haems dont even have ups! Sick XD

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:23

I see them as screwed if they end up getting shot at but if I can get them into cc i see them as extreely tough as they can stop anywhere between 9 and 27 hits automatically and I see them as the bane of anything with multiple wounds (thinking of my friend who plays nids). It'd definitely going to either piss off my opponent to no end or just get hilariously shot into a pile of rubble and recycled body parts

Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:25

I like "Mr.Vect and His Wacky Friends" build that somebody posted here a long time ago better. Granted, that only works in Apocalypse. It was Vect and every DE special character (except Baron and Decrapitator, who can't enter a vehicle), plus regular Archons/Succubi/Haemonculi to fill the empty seats, all riding the Dais. Combine with the Flank March asset and drop it right into the enemy lines.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 02:16

wittykid wrote:
You could give them all flesh gauntlets and clone fields

lol!

Haemie's can't take Clone Fields Sad

1 could take Shattershard
1 could take Crucible (for the lolz)
1 could take Archangel of Pain (for the lolz)
all could take Liquifiers, Flesh Gauntlents, Scissorhands or Venom Blades

Hellion
Greenest

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 05:20

I forsee the only problem with giving them all liquifiers being that they would never have anything to get into CC with after the shooting phase. And they might slip and fall in the puddle of terminator goo.

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 07:14

9 liquifires, all hiting an average of 3.5 models, has 1.5 of each pen value, so lets say: 1 ap1, 2ap2, 2ap3, 1ap4, 2ap5, 1ap6, 32 hits
3.5 hit s4 ap1 0.58 unsaved
7 s4 ap2 1.67
21 s4 ap3+ 1.75, a total of 4 unsaved wounds...not that much, but more than usual Very Happy
Still, for a 1k+ FOC slot, i would expect more.

Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 11:15

Use a spare Raider with shock prow and suddenly all those liquifiers hit 9 or ten models. That will wipe just about any squad.

But yeah, I think I'd go for this...

Vect: dais, night shield, flickerfield, torment gl, shock prow (AV 14-16 for ramming?)
Urien
2 Archons: 4 blastols, 2 djinns, 2 drugs, 1 phantasm gl, 2 shadows,
6 Trueborn: 3 blasters, 2 spannons, Dracon,1 blastol, 1 power lance, 6 haywires
1,134 pts

It's got better anti-tank Smile

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 11:32

Sorry to burst youe bubble but Dias cannot take any Raider/Ravager upgrades.

You could give the TB 2 DL's and 4 Blasters though - get to reroll 1's too

Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 16:01

The rules say it has 3 DLs and AV13. "Other than this, it is treated exactly like a Raider."

Something treated exactly like a Raider is capable of taking Raider option. It's as simple as that.

Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 19:17

Even simpler than that, read the FAQ, very last question

Quote :

Q: Can the Dias of Destruction take any of the vehicle upgrades available to Raiders? (p.82)
A: No
Back to top Go down
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 20:37

Sick Idea! Oo it would be nice to test it onto the field! Any one? ^^
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 21:04

come to hungary szeged and you can test it on one of my armies Razz

Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 21:55

xzandrate wrote:
Even simpler than that, read the FAQ, very last question

Quote :

Q: Can the Dias of Destruction take any of the vehicle upgrades available to Raiders? (p.82)
A: No
Figures.

Good thing they didn't change the rules though. I'm still going to treat the Dais exactly like a Raider, regardless of what some intern wrote in an FAQ. tongue

PostSubject: Re: Vect+ Haemies Deathstar   Vect+ Haemies Deathstar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vect+ Haemies Deathstar
Page 1 of 1