THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts list for local tourney

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkos
Slave
Darkos

2000 pts list for local tourney Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 21:12

Hi to all!! I would like to post an army list to get some feedback from the community. I'm coming to a tourney in two weeks, and i'm still not convinced about some things. First, it's not a true Dark Eldar army, but a converted Kroot army that "counts as" Dark Eldar. All rules fro Dark Eldar apply, but i try to keep the fluff as much as possible.
It's a fair standart list, but let's see what do you think about.

Archon- shadowfield, venom blade, drugs..........................105

3x Trueborn w/3 blasters In Venom, double SC, nigth shields.................156

3x Trueborn w/3 blasters In Venom, double SC, nigth shields.................156

10x Warriors w/SC, in Raider with nigth shields, Splinter racks..............180

10x Warriors w/SC, in Raider with nigth shields, Splinter racks..............180

10x Wyches w/ 2x Hydra gauntlets, HWG, Hekatrix w/ Venom Blade, PGL, in raider.................225

9x Wyches w/ 1x Hydra gauntlets, HWG, Hekatrix w/ Venom Blade, PGL, in raider.................203 (Archon here)

5x Wyches, HWG, in Venom, double SC........................................125

5x Wyches, HWG, in Venom, double SC........................................125

6x reaver jetbikes, 2 heat lances.....................................................156

6x reaver jetbikes, 2 heat lances.....................................................156

ravager, 3x DL, nigth shields.........................................................xxx

ravager, 3xDL, nigth shields..........................................................xxx

Total: 1997. 20 Darkligth weapons and plenty of hayware. 86 splinter shots (141 at 12") and hoping enough of target saturation.

Tactics are also pretty standart. I flat out the Raider Wyches against any juicy target (long fangs, predators, Psyflemans...), parkign lots or units camping on objectives. Ravagers pop out tanks. Warriors provide fire support (hoping they transport lasts enough). Reavers may start in reserve, and bladevane infantry, and get vehicles if have a chance.

I'm not sure about small Wyches squads. I plan to start in reserve, and use to stay around objectives in my deployment zona, and to get some tank wich get too close.Also i'm not sure about Archon. I'm considering drop him for 2 haemys, for give the Wyches some pain tokens, but the loose of fleet weights a lot.

So what do you think? Any comments welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:12

I like it! I'd keep the archon instead of the two haermy since you would have to make one of them your warlord and having a haermy warlord is giving the other guy slay the warlord. It maybe worth changing the dls on the wych raider to dissy's but, the list looks solid to me.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:16

Looks like a solid list. Keep the archon loosing fleet is not worth it and as Bibitybopitybacon mentioned unless the haemi is with grots he is pretty easy to get a warlord victory point out of.

One thing you need to ask yourself is does the archon need drugs? It's X points for a 50% chance of doing something useful (FNP doesn't really help him as he has a shadow field, re-roll run dice is useless this edition, and +1WS has not effect on him what so ever), and with the venom blade two of those are not that useful (re-rolling to wound and +1 S). That's just my opinion though.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:25

Nice greater knarlok Very Happy
anyway: razorflails tend to perform better, except 1/6 of the time, when you roll rerolls.
the archon is a good choice, but a succu with vb is 70 pts and only lacks the SF.
small wyches: if you start them in reserves, the opponent has time to shoot with his tanks, so i would start with them on the field.
im not very keen on RJB, Mush will tell you his thoughts if he comes here ^^

anyways, this list looks solid, much like my first wych list in 5th. is this a 5th, or a 6th tourney?

edit: looks like mush came through and didnt say anything about RJB...ahh well XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Darkos
Slave
Darkos

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 21:12

Thank you all for your replies!! Tourney is 6th ed, but until now I’ve been using my 5th ed list, and they still work.

I will definitely keep the Archon. As Mushkilla pointed, I would drop the drugs, but I’m not sure what to do with those spare points (blast pistol, perhaps?). Also, I don’t bother with weapons on Wyches Raider, as I don’t expect it to last beyond turn 2. But Dissies may be an option to all raiders, as I think I got anti-tank well covered, and it can give some punch against those damned termies.

I use Kroot hounds as special weapon Wyches, and I always feel hydra gauntlets were more fluffy. Also there is my opponents face when I say “well, it’s 29 attacks from the Wyches…..plus 2d6 from hounds!” but I suppose I can give the razorflails a go.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 21:18

its your list, its just my oppinion. If it works for you the HUZAH! lists can depend on meta aswell, and hey, maybe you will get lucky with hydra.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts list for local tourney   2000 pts list for local tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts list for local tourney
Page 1 of 1