THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 01:12

Silly question, yeah, but heat me out. The Djinn Blade is a piece of war gear and can only be purchased as such. It doesn't replace any of the stock weapons of its bearer. What if, now, an Archon replaced both his pistol and his blade withBlast Pistols (making him a Gunslinger). If he then additionally chose a Djinn Blade, would he get 5 AP- attacks and 2 AP3? Or 7 AP3? Which ones would get the charge bonus?
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 04:20

"A djin blade is a power weapon"
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 04:30

Yep, you can indeed go gunslinger with the djinn blade and manage 5 base (inc 2 ccw) plus 2 djinn attacks all at AP3 preceded by 2 BS 7 blast pistol shots!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 05:02

Massaen wrote:
Yep, you can indeed go gunslinger with the djinn blade and manage 5 base (inc 2 ccw) plus 2 djinn attacks all at AP3 preceded by 2 BS 7 blast pistol shots!

And you would look very stylish all the while Razz Considering this as a conversion idea...
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 06:21

Mines in progress now!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 11:44

How can we be sure that the profiles are combined? The Djinn Blade is a power weapon, yes, but both weapons in the Archon's both hands are not. Don't you split up attacks, when you have different profiles? But hey, if it's common sense that the Djinn Blade is wielded as a proper weapon and doesn't just add two AP3 attacks on top of the other attacks, I won't complain.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 17:10

Kinnay wrote:
How can we be sure that the profiles are combined? The Djinn Blade is a power weapon, yes, but both weapons in the Archon's both hands are not.

The profiles aren't combined. The gunslinger rule only allows a model with two pistols to fire both in the shooting phase. In assaults it can still use another close combat weapon, if it has one.

Kinnay wrote:
Don't you split up attacks, when you have different profiles? But hey, if it's common sense that the Djinn Blade is wielded as a proper weapon and doesn't just add two AP3 attacks on top of the other attacks, I won't complain.

BRB p.51 wrote:
If a model has more than one melee weapon, he must choose which one to attack with when he comes to strike blows - he cannot mix and match the abilities of several different melee weapons.
So no, don't split up your attacks, choose a weapon and use it.

As far as I know there are only two ways to get real separate bonus attacks with different profiles and that would be the hammer of wrath special rule and the marines' servo harness. Those strike at their own initiative value with their own profile. The Djin Blade does not.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 17:56

Alright, that clears up the gunslinger issue, thanks. This then would also mean that a model with a Venom Blade would either receive 5 attacks with Poison 2+ and AP-, or 7 attacks with AP3, but never the first plus two AP3 attacks, correct?
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 04:55

That's right. The eact rules should be covered under the Weapons section of the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?   Is the Djinn Blade a weapon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Djinn Blade a weapon?
Page 1 of 1