THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 - feel the pain!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

1500 - feel the pain! Empty
PostSubject: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 22:26

what you make of this:

Urien 190

10 Grotesques with Aberation. Super grotesques upgrades (for the S6 win) 410

10 Wracks with x 2 liquifier guns, Acothyst with Hexrifle. Raider with chainsnares, aethersails and terrorfex grenade launchers, dark lance 220
10 Wracks with x 2 liquifier guns, Acothyst with Hexrifle. Raider with chainsnares, aethersails and terrorfex grenade launchers, dark lance 220
3 Wracks. Venom, extra splinter cannon

Talos, chain flails, twin-linked blaster 115
Ravager, nightshields, x 3 dark lance 115

Don't know whether to put 2 more wracks in the third squad or put more funky upgrades on the vehicles. Could drop the small wrack squad to put in the Baron for the stealth + PGL benefits in the grotesque unit
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 06:15

I've never played a list like this, but I don't think it would do well. I have used Wracks as objective holding but never for the bulk of my troops. The sheer amount poison shots Dark Eldar can put out each round is one of their strong points and you don't have a whole lot of splinter weaponry. I would consider swapping at least one of the troops on raiders for warriors and putting racks and flickerfields on the transports. And for the wracks taking them in a unit of 5 has more longevity like you mentioned. Also the TL liquifier is a beast, I'd recommend that on the Talos. There may be others who disagree about the troops but the liquifier is vital Smile
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 06:21

Never played Coven myself, but are looking at the lists that people are puting up as I am starting to build one now myself.

But 10 grotesques seems abit overkill. Rather go for 2 groups of 5? But then again I like MSU so I would go for gruop of 5 wracks aswell...
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 08:28

I almost did a spit take when I saw 10 supper grots lol. Try sticking the lady in with the grots to protect their weak minds from jedi mind tricks. Model the grots as jabba the hutts and the lady as princess leia for extra lulz.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 09:11

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
I almost did a spit take when I saw 10 supper grots lol. Try sticking the lady in with the grots to protect their weak minds from jedi mind tricks. Model the grots as jabba the hutts and the lady as princess leia for extra lulz.

I would pay damn good money to see this!
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 09:51

Updated list, 4 troops units, plus Stealth, Hit + Run, defensive + offensive grenades on the Grotesque unit re the Baron Smile

Urien 190 Warlord
Baron 105

10 Grotesques with Aberation. Super grotesques upgrades (for the S6 win) 410

10 Wracks with x 2 liquifier guns, Raider with aethersails and terrorfex grenade launchers, dark lance 190
10 Wracks with x 2 liquifier guns, Raider with aethersails and terrorfex grenade launchers, dark lance 190
3 Wracks 30
3 Wracks 30

Ravager, nightshields, x 3 dark lance 115

Small wrack squads go in reserve, then come on and try to hide to suck and live on an objective - hopefully behind a wall/rock los blocking terrain. Deploy the super Grots in terrain hopefully, which yeah may slow them a little bit, but if thats a ruin then they are getting 3+ cover if I'm not going first.

Large wrack squad raiders deploy out of LOS hopefully and then use aethersails to slam forward first turn, and provide harrassment whilst Grotesques and Talos' pile forward

I considered the point of the liquifier on the Talos, but decided against it for the reason that Random attacks on the Talos is just too annoying, and since you have to replace a CCW on the talos for either chain flails or a liquifier, a Talos only has one CCW to replace, therefore can't have both so chain flails it is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - feel the pain!   1500 - feel the pain! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 - feel the pain!
Page 1 of 1