THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012

Go down 
+29
Mushkilla
Payce
Saintspirit
pantofful
wiggyNC
Super Dave
Kinnay
Khazgor
The Eye of Error
Goran
Hydra
disel24
Tiri Rana
helvexis
Ferronyx
MalysII
Foo
Ruke
Balisong
Devilish
Elzadar
Thor665
Sky Serpent
sammun
Shadows Revenge
Tony Spectacular
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
Archon Claus
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 23:15

Santa’s Secret Space Raid - 2012

Please make sure you read all the rules thoroughly!

Hear ye, hear ye! - Wracks and the wracked, Haemonculi and the haemorrhaged – Commorraghans, one and all.

Following the great success of TDC’s first galactic gift exchange, we will again be celebrating the holiday season in true despotic-fashion, by generously taking with one hand and giving with the other.

Who can enter, prey tell?
All are welcome, even lurkers. I reserve the right to use discretion in ruling people out of entering, which may seem completely arbitrary and unfair, but this is Commorragh after all and if you are a completely unknown quantity here and I have misgivings for any reason, then I may choose not to let you participate (after I first contact you).

WARNING - If you do not participate in a reasonable manner and timeframe, i.e. you fail to respond or abuse the event just to try and get free stuff, you will be banned from future raids. And just like in the Bad Traders Report in the Barter Port, your forum name will be publicly listed as being a Bad Santa.

I am also looking to set up a Deep Space Raid Aide Committee, in case a participant does not receive a gift for whatever reason. This is entirely voluntary, and open to any forum member (even if you are not participating in the Secret Santa exchange). PM me if you are willing to help out, should the need arise.

What are the rules, prey tell?
This is a gift exchange, something fun to do, and not a competition.

This is a True Kin event only. Your gift may be from Warhammer 40K, Fantasy, LoTR, Epic, BFG, or even some other line of miniatures, but it must be Dark Eldar-related. A Dark Eldar model, or something else converted or themed for Dark Eldar – figures, vehicles, terrain, objective markers, etc.

Timeline:
November 1st – deadline to enter
December 15th – recommended date to have gift posted by
January 1st – gifts should be received by this date

How do you sign up, prey tell?
First of all, go away and think about whether or not you really want to participate in this exchange and will be able to meet the deadline.

Then, send me an e-mail (not a PM) before November 1st. No further entries will be received after that date.

I can be reached at archon.santa at gmail.com

PLEASE NOTE that your entries are not considered official until I (Archon Santa) receive an e-mail from you containing all of the following information:

1. Your full name
2. Your complete address, including the country
3. Your Dark Eldar gift preferences, if you have any, for what you collect or play.

Don’t be too specific, these are just some basic clues that will be passed on to your Secret Santa to help give them get started. E.g. are you a foot-slogger, a speed addict or a deep-striker? Do you play a Kabal-, Wyche-, or Coven-style army, or perhaps another system such as BFG?

Please keep your requests reasonable, your Secret Santa may not have as many funds or other resources available to them as you do. Clawed Fiend = OK. Tantalus = not OK.

The information in your message is very important because I literally just forward your information direct to the person giving you your gift, so please make sure it is complete and legible.

Secondly, after you have sent me your e-mail, you should also post a message in this thread containing the following:
1. A simple note that you are participating.
2. A copy of your Dark Eldar preferences, but only if you want to. Some people find that a bit awkward and prefer that only their gifter sees their suggestions.

What happens next, prey tell?
After November 1st, I will sort all of the participants into loose geographic regions to try and help you save on shipping costs and time. Please be aware that you may still be asked to send your gift to the other side of the planet.

With the aid of my trusty Coven Fiend, I will randomly pick out names from a hat and pair them up, and then no later than one week after November 1st, I will forward each of you a copy of your victim’s message containing their real name, address and any gift preferences.

Trusty Coven Fiend:
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 Shih-tzu_zps64a1f178

**VERY IMPORTANT** – the deadline for your recipient to get his/her gift is January 1st, 2013, so you will have plenty of time to buy/build/convert/paint/whatever your gift and get it sent out. Please respect this deadline. December 15th would be a very good mailing date to aim for, but earlier would obviously be better.

Do not wait too long to get started, or to mail it out. Real life happens, trust me! Place your bitz/kit orders sooner rather than later so you don't get shot down by some shipping disaster.

What will this cost you, prey tell?
Cost is obviously very subjective, but common sense would suggest approximately US$10-$15 (plus shipping) as a minimum. This is intended to prevent someone from sending something like a single warrior or wych from a box set, for example. Single miniatures are more than welcome and might actually be preferred in some senses, so long as they meet the minimum $10-$15 requirement.

You can also send some older models if the person you are gifting has expressed a preference for some of those, provided they are in good condition and are sufficient in number to make a good gift.

You will basically be held to the honour system to ensure that the person who you are gifting does not feel cheated. Or else you can expect to taste my Husk Blade!

I do encourage everyone to go beyond the $10-$15 mark if possible, but only if it is within your means. When you sign up, please put some money aside for the gift right then. If you do not have sufficient funds, do not sign up. It makes no sense to sign up for an event that you cannot afford. You won't know at the time of sign-up who you're getting, or what you're going to be gifting, or even where you will be sending it to, but it's not unreasonable to put $20-ish dollars aside before you even start.

What would be a suitable gift, prey tell?
You should only gift based on what you're capable of. Make sure that whatever you attempt is achievable within the timeframe. And even if you aren't that good with converting or painting models, a single mini or a boxed set is still a nice and simple gift. Remember, it is not a competition.

Please also keep in mind that the whole point of this event is that you are a SECRET Santa, so don’t blab about it to anyone else. You can post your project in the Haemonculi Workshop sub-forum if you wish, but DO NOT mention who it is for, or even that it is meant to be a Secret Santa gift.

Some examples of what might constitute a good gift:

A boxed set or single miniature?
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 M1420311a_99120112010_DEReaversXBox1_445x319
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 Asharah-paint-01_1024x1024

A nicely converted miniature?
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 Venom4

A nicely painted character or squad?
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 001-20
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 GrotesquessquadfromRatOgres

What would be a bad gift?
Hmmm ……..
Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 DEGrotesque

What do you do when you send/receive your gift, prey tell?
Here are a few suggestions for sending your gift:
• Include your forum name (and real name if you want) so people have some idea of who is sending them this mystery box! Just write it on a piece of paper and throw it in the package with the gift.
• If possible, consider using a Delivery Confirmation service so that you can track your package and make sure it gets there.
• ***E-mail me when you have sent it, so I can let your victim know that it’s on the way.
• Check in with your recipient via PM a week or so after sending the gift to confirm they have received it, if you don't hear anything.

Remember to allow a good amount of time to send it and ensure that it arrives in time, it’s Christmas, the post is often much slower than normal.

And, some guidelines for receiving a gift:
• Let your Santa know via PM that it arrived, as soon as it arrives! People get very worried about this sort of thing!
IMPORTANT:also post in this thread that your gift arrived, again, as soon as it does. Otherwise I may not be able to call off the Khymeras in time.
• And include some pics, you lazy, mon-keigh luvvin’ git! Your Santa probably worked very hard on the gift and wouldn’t mind it being displayed, plus, we all want to see what you got as well!
• If you know that your gift is on its way and you think that too much time has passed and you haven’t received it, PM me and I will apply my new Agoniser ask the sender to check on it, if they can.

Remember to give it a good amount of time to arrive before you start worrying, it’s Christmas, the post is often much slower than normal.

What if you cannot complete the exchange, prey tell?
You should try and complete your gift and send it, even if it is going to be quite late. Most people will not mind, so long as a) they know that it will be late but it is at least on it’s way, and b) they do eventually get it.
Real life happens, we all recognize that. If circumstances outside of your control force you to be late, or even pull out in extreme circumstances, PM me and let me know immediately!

But understand that lame excuses will absolutely not be tolerated and names will be published.

Last Word
The success of this raid, and the viability of future raids like it, rest in your hands.

Last edited by Archon Claus on Fri Oct 12 2012, 00:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 23:15

List of participating denizens:

Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
Saintspirit
Tony Spectacular
Shadows Revenge
Sammum
Sky Serpent
Thor665
MalysII
Devilish
Balisong
Foo
Archon Yngir
Helvexis
Tiri Rana
Disel24
Hydra
Goran
Eye of Error
Pantofful
Khazgor
Kinnay
Super Dave
WigggyNC
Elzadar

Santa's wracks - The Aid Committee:

Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
Shadows Revenge
Thor665

List of Bad Santas:

FenrisNorth

Last edited by Archon Claus on Fri Nov 02 2012, 02:09; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 17:28

Well, guess I will kick off the stampede here in this thread.

I'm in! cheers

Really looking forward to it again. As for preferences, some pets for my Beastmasters (anything at all) would be most welcome.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:00

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:11

I'm so in!

What I would really love are Grots or Grot analogues (Rat Ogres, etc), painted or not. Elsewise, I could always use more reavers (unpainted preferably).
Other than that, I could use a Duke or Vect.

So yeah. Options.

Yay! I'm really excited about this!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:32

sent and signed up

as for preference... whatever comes my why Im fine with.
Back to top Go down
sammun
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 22:06

Hahaha. Yes. In.

Good with anything.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 22:08

I'm in. I was gutted last year as I didn't think I'd have the time to do it but wished I had, so I'll be there.

There's nothing I need as such, just surprise me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 22:30

I'm in.

Also good to help out with the Aid Committee.

Also will admit I'd be fine getting a couple of the "bad" gift example... silent
Maybe I'm just weird?

Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 09:48

Question for Santa: am I allowed to tell you in a PM what I want to give away? Because I already have something that would make a good gift. Then you could maybe hook me up with someone who would like to receive it....

Last edited by Elzadar on Thu Oct 18 2012, 22:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 10:20

I'm in!

I was involve in a similiar event on an another forum last summer and it was a blast. Really liked converting a model for it and recieve my gift. The hardest part was to send it away as I wanted one too, I guess that's a sign of a good enough entry.

No preferences for me. Whatever inspiration and imagination create.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 20:07

I'm in please!

Love participating in them.

Preferences, I'm pretty open. Needs include Beasty type units and anything but kabalites, wychs and HQs though.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 00:01

I would love to participate, buuuuuuuuut, it's beyond my capabilities right now. Hopefully next year. I'll be able to touch up on my conversions, and send out a really nice piece.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 00:20

Thought I responded to this thing before, but I'll do it. I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 07:47

Now we're cookin'!

Welcome everyone, Foo, I still need an e-mail from you please.

No worries Ruke, best not to commit if you're not sure. We will see you next year, you're on my list and there's no escape.

Elzadar, the whole thing is supposed to be up to each of you, whether or not you want in, and what you decide to give as a gift. I'm not going to make gift decisions, that's the luck of the draw.

Let me know what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
MalysII
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 16:27

I, MalysII AM IN!

Preferences? Foot DEldar, sold my last DE Army and want another! (Poison was too good to pass on.... Razz )
Back to top Go down
Ferronyx
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 19:58

I'd LOVE to be in on this fun but with my baby on the way I don't know how much i'll be able to set aside.. I'll be posting further in here when i know more
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 20:30

I have sent an email. Let me know if you don't get it!
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 23:27

Alright I will wait and see for now, and later on perhaps take my chances...

Wouldn't want to miss it ;C
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 00:01

well ill be in this sounds like a great idea!
email is sent.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 16:52

I'm in.
If it is painted, I'd prefer coven units, because I have none already and so the new ones won't clash with my color scheme. If it is not painted then I don't care, what I get. It doesn't have to be from GW either, I'm totally happy with conversions or third party products.
Back to top Go down
disel24
Slave
disel24

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 20:48

I"m in! This should be fun

Army colors are Snot Green, Purple and Chaos black.

I'm still figuring out my army build honestly. I have tons of Wyches, Warriors, Raiders Hellions... I need help building a right list lol
Back to top Go down
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 07:33

A very nice turnout so far, I am sure that everyone is thinking really hard about what they might make, or buy, as a gift this year.

One week left for all you fence-sitters. Barbed wire is not very comfortable, so get off it and help make this our most profitable raid yet!
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 13:54

Mail send, I am in.
Let the fun begin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 17:49

Awesome, glad you're part of it, Hydra!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012   Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa's Secret Space Raid - 2012
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next