THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
psychological
Slave
psychological

New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! Empty
PostSubject: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 08:16

Hey guys, not only am i new to dark eldar and 6th edition but also to this site haha i know this list will be really bad as im still trying very hard to grasp this army (only been studying book for 2 days) any C&C is welcome! Much appreciated

Headquarters is 210 total points : Duke (with unit of warriors)

Haem w/ liq (60 pts)

Elites is 336 total points: 2x 4 trueborn with 2 DL's in raiders with NS (168 each squad of 4) AT

Troops is 494 total points : 7x wyches HWG on all in raider w/ dissie and NS (haem is with this squad) (154) AT

2x 10 warriors w/ 1 SC in venom w/ 2 SC's (duke in one of these squads) (170 each squad of 10) AI

Fast attack is 450 total points with 2x 6 reavers with 2x hl and arena champ with venom blade (147 points each squad) AT

3x BM's 4x razors and 5x khy's (156) running up the middle to spread fear and panic and some AI along with my talos!

Heavy support is 395 total points: 2x Talos w/ tl Liq (105 pts each) Running up the middle with BM causing fear and panic and taking a lot of infantry with it hopefully!

1x voidraven bomber with 4x shatterfield missles, (185) AT purposes

Let me know what you think! the total only comes out to 1885 Any idea what could help fill this list in more with the extra points? Or am i getting the concept of DE wrong entirely? Your time and effort is much appreciated to help this newbie out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 09:30

Couple of little things... You can't get venoms for 10 strong units - dud you mean raiders?

I would also ditch at least 2 missiles from the void raven - I generally don't bother with any myself!

What size army are you aiming for? 2k?
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
psychological
Slave
psychological

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 10:45

I knew i brain farted lmao, yeah i meant raiders, ill fix the point cost right now but yeah I'm aiming for a generally well rounded 2k list to work towards as i have to buy the models but i don't want to buy models i later regret buying and have to get rid of them ya know? haha. would i be better with 2 squads of 10 warriors or 3 squads of 5 on venoms with dual SC? I apologize for the obvious mistakes i made due to fatigue and hastily making a list. Thanks for your input!
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 13:31

Couple of quick thoughts
1: 2x 4 trueborn with 2 DL's in raiders with NS (168 each squad of 4) AT; not a great idea as you're not going to be shooting very well with these teams. If you move you loose the full use of the Dark Lances. If you want trueborn AT in a boat, I would recommend the 3x w/3 Blasters in the boat of your choice. If you want the lances, teams of 3 with 2 lances and no boat can be pretty useful.

2: 7x wyches HWG on all in raider w/ dissie and NS (haem is with this squad); I'm pretty big on pushing the Hekatrix for wych squads. If you can shim her into the list with the Phantasm Grenade Launcher (you will have to steal it from the warrior kit, but that's ok as it's not NEEDED for warriors, though I'm sure it could be useful) you gain a lot of things you wyches need in grenades and quick cover.

3: on the raider squads vs venoms squads... Depends on what you want. The mixes you often see are 5 Warriors with a blaster in a venom (that has the required extra SC and maybe a NS) vs 10 Warriors with a SC in a Raider (NS and maybe swap to a Dissie). I like raiders personally, they're just so sexy lookin', and come in the BF, but there are times the venom is a better fit. As you have a wych squad (AT and Tarpit) I'd suggest looking at the warriors and their ride in more of an AI/ALightT but, there are others here of far greater skill and experience that can help nail that down.

Back to top Go down
psychological
Slave
psychological

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 19:24

Here's the revised list i have:
Headquarters is 210 total points : Duke (with unit of warriors)

Haem w/ liq (60 pts)

Elites is 302 total points: 2x 3 trueborn with 3 blasters in raiders with NS (151 each squad of 3)

Troops is 502 total points : 6x wyches HWG on all in raider w/ dissie and NS (haem is with this squad) (142)

3x 5 warriors w/ 1 blaster in venom w/ 2 SC's (duke in one of these squads) (120 each squad of 5)

Fast attack is 606 total points with 2x 9 reavers with 3x hl and arena champ with venom blade (225 points each squad)

3x BM's 4x razors and 5x khy's (156)

Heavy support is 375 total points: 2x Talos w/ tl Liq (105 pts each)

1x voidraven bomber with 2x shatterfield missles, (165) AT purposes

This should equal out to 1995 points Smile C&C still very much welcome as this is my first stab at it and i have a lot to learn haha thanks for all the advice so far!
Back to top Go down
psychological
Slave
psychological

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 01:42

Bump for more opinions on new list please!
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 12:26

At 2000 points I would probably take another HQ. if the haemonculus is your warlord that's an easy victory point.
Back to top Go down
psychological
Slave
psychological

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 18:42

I have duke and haemonculus, arent i only allowed to have 2? Should i take a succubus instead of a haem? I've been looking more into the hekatrix and it sounds like a good upgrade, im gonna make a little revise including her. i dunno where to sacrifice the point though, maybe take out the missles from the bomber.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 03:59

Derp! sorry I didn't see Duke at the top ahah
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 04:32

When adding an HQ to a unit in a vehicle you have to remember to have a spot for the HQ in the vehicle. So if your adding the Duke to a squad in a Venom, the max members in the squad can be 4 and if your adding him to a squad in a Raider, the max number you can have before adding him is 9.
Back to top Go down
psychological
Slave
psychological

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 04:34

I'm just messing up left and right here with dumb mistakes haha! asides from the unit count is off, is the general idea of the list decent? or should some units be swapped with other units?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!   New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to DE and 6th edition but here goes nothing!
Page 1 of 1