THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! Empty
PostSubject: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 17:13

So while I build the models for my allied Eldar and Baron force I want to give something like this a go. I like that it's a mirror list so there is two of everything and appears fairly balanced to my eyes. What are peoples thoughts?

Hamonculus w/LFG, VB - 65pts (Warlord)
Hamonculus w/SS - 65pts

8 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/Agon, PGL. Raider - 196pts
8 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/Agon, PGL. Raider - 196pts

5 Wyches w/HWG. Venom w/2xSC - 125pts
5 Wyches w/HWG. Venom w/2xSC - 125pts

9 Reavers w/3xHL, Champ w/VB - 249pts

Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts

= 1,500pts exactly

So the 2 Haemonculi go with the Raider Wych squads for some FNP goodness and to absorb overwatch shots. The thing I'm wondering is whether to have DLs on my Ravagers and Dissies on my Raiders, or Dissies on the Ravagers and DLs on the Raiders, or to have DLs on all of them. It'll take some play testing to decide but there is a lot of AT in there, I just want to have some long ranged AT for turn 1 shooting.

I think the first load-out I'll use is Dissies on the Raiders and DLs on the Ravagers but it'll be nice to know people's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
TheReaper43
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 01:09

i like the thought of haem's to soak up over watch shots but you are losing fleet which is really really good if he stays in that unit for the charge..also id stick with what youre going for ..dissies on the raiders and DLs on the ravagers and play test it to see where you are lacking ...now let me ask this...will you really post a 5 or 8 woman witch squads on an objective all game? cause if you want to win more than likely you will need to hold objectives
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 01:23

TheReaper43 wrote:
i like the thought of haem's to soak up over watch shots but you are losing fleet which is really really good if he stays in that unit for the charge..also id stick with what youre going for ..dissies on the raiders and DLs on the ravagers and play test it to see where you are lacking ...now let me ask this...will you really post a 5 or 8 woman witch squads on an objective all game? cause if you want to win more than likely you will need to hold objectives

Well it gives me the options to keep the Haemon with them when I assault or not so I can have them charge with fleet. Yea I think DLs on the Ravagers with be the best bet. A variation on this list could be swapping the 5 wyches in the venoms to 5 x warriors w/blaster in the venoms for the same points cost. They'll be far better at sitting on objectives. Not sure which'll work best yet, I'll have to see. Thanks for the analysis.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 12:02

A slight adjustment to the list gives the Venom Wyche's a Hekatrix w/VB for close combat potential. They can join in assaults already happening if they can't get to a tank. I don't need PGLs on the bigger units as I have a Haemon to absorb OW and I don't really need VBs on the Haemons. What do people think?

Haemonculus w/LFG - 60pts (Warlord)
Haemonculus w/LFG - 60pts

8 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/Agon. Raider w/Disintegrator - 186pts
8 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/Agon. Raider w/Disintegrator - 186pts

5 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/VB. Venom w/2xSC - 140pts
5 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/VB. Venom w/2xSC - 140pts

Ravager w/NS, 3xDL - 115pts
Ravager w/NS, 3xDL - 115pts

= 1,500pts exactly
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 14:58

I have always considered the raiders load out as being more of a additional bonus - not necessarily a solution. Thus, I think the raider with the lance has more utility especially when you have 2 venoms, 4 troop choices and 2 HQ's that all can handle infantry just fine.

I get the haywire wyches but I still think that destroying a tank with a lance is better than killing a tank with haywires. Even though we are only talking of 2 lances here I think the lances are just more useful.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 15:17

I agree with Kwi here, the only reason I run dissies on my raiders, is that I only have three armour values in my list, so they almost never last more then a turn, so their weapon choice is pretty irrelevant, but if they only get one turn of shooting I find the dissies more useful.

In your list you have a lot more armour values lances would make more sense.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 20:32

Mushkilla wrote:
I agree with Kwi here, the only reason I run dissies on my raiders, is that I only have three armour values in my list, so they almost never last more then a turn, so their weapon choice is pretty irrelevant, but if they only get one turn of shooting I find the dissies more useful.

In your list you have a lot more armour values lances would make more sense.

Hope that helps. Smile
I don't get what you mean about having more armour values? Do you mean the fact that I have Ravagers there as well? It'll be good to try them with all DLs I guess.
Also Mushkilla, how do you do that drop down list thing I saw you do on another post? So that I can put a list in a comment and have people choose whether to view it or not. It takes up less room that way Smile
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 20:39

You click the "others" field in the tool bar just above the reply field. There you can choose "spoiler" and insert the text in between the brackets.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 22:27

mug7703 wrote:

I don't get what you mean about having more armour values? Do you mean the fact that I have Ravagers there as well? It'll be good to try them with all DLs I guess.

I mean that I only have three vehicles in my list, so they will die really fast, so what weapon I give them doesn't really matter. In your list you have six vehicles so they will last a bit longer so the dark lances are worth considering, depending on your preference. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 00:18

Mushkilla wrote:

I mean that I only have three vehicles in my list, so they will die really fast, so what weapon I give them doesn't really matter. In your list you have six vehicles so they will last a bit longer so the dark lances are worth considering, depending on your preference. Smile

Ah I see. Good point. I think I'll try out having all DLs first and then try some disintegrators if I feel they're needed. So my two potential lists are as follows:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks Septimus for that useful tip!

I'll obviously try out both several times against different enemies. All I need is 6 more Reavers to arrive and to get another Hameonculus. Very Happy
Oh and to put all this stuff together and do the whole 'painting' thing Razz (I'm joking, I do love that side of the hobby but I do get that excited rushed feeling of wanting to game immediately with any list I conceive of). Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!   1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1,500 point tournament list. Criticism most welcome!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: