THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ork Allies at 2k

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

Ork Allies at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Ork Allies at 2k   Ork Allies at 2k I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 21:59

OK, so I used to run Orks but due to people increasingly not being excited about the amount of dice, and the nerf on a lot of orks for 6th, I set them aside. Lately though, ive been thinking about allies and DE...Tell me what you think:

HQ- Vect 240pts

HQ- Baron 105pts

Troop: 14x Hellions w/stun claw Helliarch 239pts

Troop: 12x Hellions w/stun claw Helliarch 207pts

Troop: 5x Warriors w/Blaster w/venom= 115pts
-Venom Transport 2x SplinterCannon

Troop: 5x Warriors w/Blaster w/venom= 115pts
-Venom Transport 2x SplinterCannon

Elite: 5x Harlequins +Shadowseer + 2x Fusion Pistols +kisses 160pts

Fast: Beastmasters - 5x Khymera, 4xRazorwing,2x beastmasters 144pts

Heavy: Ravager 105pts

Heavy: Ravager 105pts

ALLIES ORKS:

HQ: Warboss w/ Bike, cybork, PK 125pts

Troop: 5x Nobs w/Bikes 335pts
-PK, Waagh Banner, cybork
-PK, cybork
-Big Choppa, cybork
-cybork
-Painboy, cybork

1995pts total

So, the plan is basically target saturation. Everything moves fast and almost everything gets cover bonuses. Baron goes with the bigger blob of hellions into cover along with beasts (stealth w/baron and hellions, beasts move thru cover). Other hellion squad hugs cover along with them. Vect goes with harlequins toward big tank threats (land raider, monolith, bastion), while having shroud and stealth. Hopefully in cover as well. They also can take out weakened elites with rending and vect, pretty versatile unit. Ravagers sit back and get into anti tank sniping positions moving 12" to get their jink. Any high Toughness creatures/deathstars/termies get poisoned to death with splintercannon venoms and hellions. The Nob squad comes in turbo boosting close enough to ensure assault next turn but hopefully away from annoying torrents. Even if you lose the Ork wing though (which would take significant firepower), the DE hammer will get you hard the next turn. I feel that the balance of targets is pretty great from what i've seen so far.

I play with SM, necron, and chaos marines. I tabled necrons last game, pretty epic! Hellions can do wonders!

My one problem ive noticed is anti air defense. I may have to take out one hellion squad and get some lootas and maybe an aegis.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Ork Allies at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Allies at 2k   Ork Allies at 2k I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 07:21

Interesting list. Not sure what vect really brings, or the harlequins for that matter.

curebdc wrote:
OK, so I used to run Orks but due to people increasingly not being excited about the amount of dice, and the nerf on a lot of orks for 6th, I set them aside. Lately though, ive been thinking about allies and DE...Tell me what you think:

I personally find orks got stronger this edition with "no retreat" wounds gone, overwatch only reducing their fire power by 50%, Dakkajets (best thing to ever happen to orks), nob bikers being T5 for the purpose of instant death, being able to snapshot when you go to ground and when you rally, wall of death and burna boys, hammer of wrath for bikes and stormboys, deaf koptas being T5, the list goes on...

curebdc wrote:

My one problem ive noticed is anti air defense. I may have to take out one hellion squad and get some lootas and maybe an aegis.

If you are going to bring loota boys with a defence line always take squads of 10 as they are not fearless and can therefore still go to ground for that 2+ cover save, snapshot is really a minor inconvenience and seeing as you are going to be snapshoting flyers anyway there is no reason not to go to ground. A quad gun is an option, but personally I prefer the relay as it lets your Dakka jet win the air superiority fight by making sure he comes on after your opponents jet.

Hope that helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

Ork Allies at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Allies at 2k   Ork Allies at 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 07:03

Mushkilla wrote:
Interesting list. Not sure what vect really brings, or the harlequins for that matter.

Well, vect is basically there for the increased chance of turn 1 so i dont get shot up as much, and his haywire and blast attack is cool. Harlies are there basically for another target the enemy has to think about, a decent threat in CC and the the 2 fusion pistols really help in every game i play in. It sucks hard that vect doesnt have ap2 on his CC attacks tho. I may rethink him... is +~100 points for increased chance of first really worth it? otherwise I may just get an archon or something with a blast pistol or just haywire...

Also, interesting with the Ork stuff, I should work with them more. I just got kinda sad that my slugga boys arent as effective. I probably just need to tweak it a bit for 6th and of course get a flyer hah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ork Allies at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork Allies at 2k   Ork Allies at 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork Allies at 2k
Page 1 of 1