THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Exterminating the bugs

Go down 
+2
Darklight
wittykid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wittykid
Hellion

Exterminating the bugs Empty
PostSubject: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2012, 01:52

Hey guys so this is my list I made up that is all about killing the tyranids at a 200 point level

HQ
Archon 210 pts
CD, PGL, VB, Huskblade, Shadow Field, WWP

Archon 210 pts
same set up as above

Baron Pt value can't be said for copyright laws I believe

Haemie Again copyright laws as he has no upgrades

Troops
14x Hellions (helliarch included in the 14) 239 pts
Helliarch has stun claw

20x Warriors 200 pts
2x SC

20x Warriors 200 pts
2x SC

3x Wracks 30 pts

9x Wyches (Hekatrix included) 180 pts
1x Shardnet & Impaler
Hekatrix has VB

9x Wyches (Hekatrix included) 180 pts
1x Shardnet & Impaler
Hekatrix has VB

Dedicated Transports
1x Raider 65 pts
Enhanced Aethersails

1x Raider 65 pts
Enhanced Aethersails

Fast Attack
9x Reavers 198 pts

9x Reavers 198 pts

So basically this list is all based toward taking on tyranids, the tooled up archons are with wyches because that makes a great combo for protecting your archon against MCs so he can get that soul trap and boom overpowered archon. The large number of splinter weaponry is to take on hordes or any big MCs you don't want to take on in cc. The WWP's are mainly for use as a way to block off sections of the board or hinder the Tyranids' movement as it is impassible terrain, alternatively if you are facing a tyranid list where you feel like you need a large volume of poison meant to hit quick and hard on a certain area of the board you can reserve the warrior blobs and bring them through the WWP's. The wracks and Haemie are in there for a backfield objective sitter and so you can do a quick PT swap to give hellions and Baron two PTs right off the bat making them great a great assault/ harass unit thanks to their splinter pods fast movement and surprising strength in assault.

I'm really looking for any thoughts on the list and what you guys think of it, and remember this list is just for against tyranids so don't be alarmed by the fact there is no anti tank included in the list.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2012, 07:46

Against Tyranids I dont see he use of Wyches, and I would have as much Venoms as possible in a list to take out Tyranids. 36" Poison weapons will be your friends Wink

kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2012, 16:02

Agree totally with Darklight.
Against Nids you do not want to be in combat. Splinterfire at range is your friend here against the small bugs, with lances to force his MC's onto FnP instead of his armour and FnP. Take out his Hive guard (the shoot round corner unit) and you should then pretty much have control of the board.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2012, 19:43

Splinter born squads in venoms, and kabalites in venoms. Ravagers and razorwing with disssies.
I played at the weekend black templars and my dark eldar 1500pts each vs 3000 points of nids.
I had 3 squads of trueborn with splinter cannons in venoms with dual splinter cannons.
4 warrior squads, in venoms with dual cannons.
2 x ravagers with dissies.
Razorwing with splinter cannon and dissies.
And vect as my HQ, I left him running around on his own, if you have never used him you should at 2000 pts.
Stealing the initiative on a 4 is incredible esp. Against flying monstrous creatures my nid playing friend started all 3 of his flying things on the table, we stole initiative. I shot them to pieces and killed all 3 turn 1 before thay could take off, also taking a few wounds of a tervigon.
All my black templar allies did was kill a few gaunts, its all about volume of fire against nids.
I always take flickerfields and torment grenade launchers on my ravagers, can help them survice if you get out flanked and they manage to assault your vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2012, 19:47

Also take night shields on as much as you can, you should get 1-2 turns of shooting before they get in range as most of their weapons are in range.
From personal experience ignore any tyrannofex's until last, 2+ armour and 6 wounds makes them very hard to take down.
Back to top Go down
MalysII
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 19:24

I'm suprised you haven't got any shredders..... a blast weapon vs nids could prove valuable
Back to top Go down
jetstumpy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 23:30

I would nix the Baron and go with the Duke instead. Put him in a raider with a group of Kalabites or trueborn and give it splinter racks. Cheap and also very effective against any flying monstrous creatures you may run across. Also, I know you don't really need to have AT, but you may consider a cheap Ravager with dissies. The 9 shots at 36 in. Could be use full for picking off bugs at the back of the group. Also, as said above razor wings all the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exterminating the bugs   Exterminating the bugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exterminating the bugs
Page 1 of 1