THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Taking down Grey Knights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

Taking down Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 04:58

So i need some advice how do i take down Grey Knights?
Dreadnoughts with autocannons are my biggest pain also his razor backs with heavy bolters
Advice?
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 06:13

So he's doing a Coteaz henchmen + dread list? I suppose the top three things to say would be:
1) Make good use of cover and make sure there is enough cover on the board to block his firing lines.
2) Failing that going first will help, both in getting you closer and in killing his stuff before he can shoot. Baron can help you go first.
3) Saturation. Make sure you've got enough targets (Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms) so that you've got more then he can shoot down.

If he does only have henchmen then his core will be really weak. Once you pop his dreads/razorbacks he won't have much left that can fight you well. Wyches will likely take down most things he can throw at you (and they are good vs vehicles too).

I'd probably go with alot of small wych squads with haywire grenades in raiders. next up ravagers, then blasterborn and whichever fast attack you like, they all work. As I said above, Baron would be my preferred HQ.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 08:18

Night shields. They wreck a grey knights day and combined with premeasuring you can keep yourself away from his range. Wreck the dreads with lance fire (now very achievable) and your set!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 09:15

Massaen wrote:
Night shields. They wreck a grey knights day and combined with premeasuring you can keep yourself away from his range. Wreck the dreads with lance fire (now very achievable) and your set!

Night Shields certainly help against the majority of GK firepower but Psyfleman don't care about them, with their 48", 4 twin-linked S8 shots.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 11:19

There's plenty of useful information in this thread Versus Grey Knights?.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking down Grey Knights   Taking down Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking down Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1