THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?

Go down 
+3
Siticus the Ancient
Nomic
Thor665
7 posters

See main post for descriptions.
Blood Thicker than Water
Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba137%Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba15
 7% [ 1 ]
The Honor of Murder
Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba1320%Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba15
 20% [ 3 ]
Fleet
Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba1320%Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba15
 20% [ 3 ]
Incubi
Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba1353%Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Voteba15
 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? Empty
PostSubject: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 05:55

I saw Cavash do this once and actually thought it was a fairly clever idea, so I'm going to blatantly rip it off. Basically, with Trueborn finished up (and also with what my work situation will be for the first half of next year) I probably will have some free time for writing and will need that time in order to still feel creative. But, the question is - what to write?

Since all of you are who will likely be reading, and I want to write stuff that you'll hopefully actually read and then comment on, I figure, who better to choose than you? So, feel free to vote for whatever sounds interesting to you. The poll will allow multiple votes, so feel free to weigh in on more than one Wink All of these stories are likely going to happen...eventually, but considering my average pace the sooner I start the better for anyone who wants to see the end.

The options are:

Blood Thicker than Water - This will be a story that will probably be heavier on the politics of the Dark City. It will feature my Cerulean Storm Kabal and the personalities there. The quick plug would be 'Archon Maerrett has ruled over his Kabal with an iron fist for millenia. Serving in his shadow, his seven daughters all vie for supremacy over each other and to earn her place as the rightful heir to the throne. However, such a delicate balance of power can only be maintained for so long. With the explosive strike of an ambitious assassin the power structure of the Kabal is thrown into disarray, and the deadly daughters of Maerrett now face dangers from within and without, but none so dangerous as each other.'

The Honor of Murder - This will be a short story starring Zak, the Incubus from 'Trueborn' but will really have no correlation or connection to that story except on a very tangential level and insomuch as it *is* Zak. The short blurb would be as thus: 'Sent on a mission he wishes he could avoid, an Incubus stumbles into the middle of a desperate battle by one of the lesser satellite lords to reclaim her ancestral territories. Escaped slaves, noble women, dangerous allies, and an oath to a distant lord; the only things an Incubus can count on are his word, and his klaive.'

Fleet - A story that I'm still mapping out, but one I want to do. It will focus on a very 'street level' Dark Eldar experience. Forgotten temples of Khaine, lesser arena competitions, the scurvy underside of the dark ports, the life of non-Dark Eldar in Commoragh, and much more. If you think 'Gangs of New York' but put it in space with elves and captive suns then you're probably on the right track for what this will be like.

Incubi - Well, I sit here wanting to type up the easy explanation and I realize that 'sequel to Trueborn' is really the way to go. Though it is a sequel to Trueborn, I do tend to fancy that I won't obligate you to read the one to enjoy the other - though you'll probably miss a number of in-jokes and 'ah-ha' moments. But, really what this will be about is the training of an Incubus and the life inside one of their temples...also revenge, most assuredly revenge.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 10:07

Argh, can't decide! On the other hand, I'd love to see a sequel to Trueborn, as the characters in the story are just wonderfully written and I'd like to learn more of what heppened to them after the end (also, judging from the description and name, it would focus on Obessa's Incubus training, and I'm interested in seeing what that is like). On the other hand, a story about the various pirates and renegades that dwell in the slums and ports of the Dark City would also be very interesting, partly because I've sort of wanted to write something like that myself (or run an RPG campaign where the palyers are mercenaries in Comorragh).
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 11:38

It's a real tough one. I would really like to see your take on the streets of Commorragh, but at the same time, I am drawn to the Incubi as well. I really want to see your interpretation on them, so after long thoughts I vote for Incubus.

I really need to find the time to read through all of your story. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 12:09

My vote goes to the Hounour of Murder.

No matter which one of these you end up doing I am sure that they will be done well. The other story that interested me the most was Blood Thicker than Water. It was hard to choose between the two.

P.S:
Quote :
I saw Cavash do this once and actually thought it was a fairly clever idea, so I'm going to blatantly rip it off.
You're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 12:39

Ahh everyone of them? My vote goes to the honor of murder to begin with though.

I have currently not yet finished trueborn yet.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 14:55

I think what we're seeing early evidence of is - people dig Incubi. Wink
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 23:11

Haha they are mysterious and very little is truly known about them ... It's part of the reason I'm so looking farward to path of the Incubi next yr ... Even if it has such a meh ending as path of the renegade/outcast
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 23:43

Gonna have to say either Blood Thicker Then Water or Incubi, though will vote for BTTtW just so it has a vote =3
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 19:35

Holy cats, Incubi took off on an sudden surge there.
I think people are trying to tell me something...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 17:51

I think this is probably a pretty safe one to call at this point - looks like Incubi is the demanded offering.

Some of the others may yet show up during the process, as Incubi will be another long story, but we'll aim to make that one the focus.
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 19:48

Incubi- Obessa!!!!

We want more Obessa, more Zak romancing and most surely more Kyssindree getting beat and humiliated Smile

P.S me and Malys were discussing that someone needs to explore mandrakes as well, especially the Big K, but mandrakes in general need fleshing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?   Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll - What story would you be most interested in seeing next?
Page 1 of 1