THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  Empty
PostSubject: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26 2012, 08:24

Hi all hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas,
Pain tokens: if one DE unit takes out half an enemy unit and then another DE unit take out the rest of that same enemy unit does it get the pain token?

If a Venom for example ends its move on top of a ruin it must take a dangerous terrain test, one D6 roll if you roll a one is that venom destroyed because its a skimmer that failed its DT test? if it were a tank on the ground it would just be immobilized, correct?

Can barrage weapons only ever hit the top open floor of a ruined building? one of mine has a little balcony and I had a couple of true born standing on it and one just inside the opened door, you might know the GW ruin I'm talking about, anyway my opponent hit the balcony direct hit with a whirlwind missile. Is that right? or could he only hit the very top level with a barrage weapon?

Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26 2012, 15:52

Bear with me, Christmas Nog-Fog. rendeer

PaulT wrote:
Pain tokens: if one DE unit takes out half an enemy unit and then another DE unit take out the rest of that same enemy unit does it get the pain token?

Yes, as long as the finishing unit has power from pain. In close combat however, you randomise who gets it amongst all eligible targets. At least thats how I read it, I have seen players attempt to randomise it from shooting but as per codex this is not so, DE codex p25.

PaulT wrote:
If a Venom for example ends its move on top of a ruin it must take a dangerous terrain test, one D6 roll if you roll a one is that venom destroyed because its a skimmer that failed its DT test? if it were a tank on the ground it would just be immobilized, correct?

Skimmers are not destroyed for failing a dangerous terrain test, as long as you didnt flat out into the terrain (BRB p.83) You are immobilised and lose a hullpoint (HP as per the FAQ) for moving any vehicle through difficult (treated as dangerous) terrain, which may drop you to zero HP anyway, but you are not boned for simply moving at normal speed into terrain, no matter where it is. Even if it is impassable and you could place your venom on it you would just be stuck there, with all the other drivers slowing down and holding up traffic to look at the accident... Smile

PaulT wrote:
Can barrage weapons only ever hit the top open floor of a ruined building? one of mine has a little balcony and I had a couple of true born standing on it and one just inside the opened door, you might know the GW ruin I'm talking about, anyway my opponent hit the balcony direct hit with a whirlwind missile. Is that right? or could he only hit the very top level with a barrage weapon?

Blast weapons can target any one level of a ruin, be it ground floor or otherwise, declared before rolling. Barrage weapons however explode in/on the level that the centre hole of the blast marker is over, BRB p100. As per your example, if he hit the baclony, every unit on that level is a valid target. Too bad he didnt hit the roof!

PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 03:46

thanks outstanding reply even with your Christmas Nog Fog

Got another one
AP 1 and 2 weapons causing a penetrating hit modify the damage roll to +1 AP2 and +2 AP1 is that on top of the +1 modifier for being open topped? Therefore causing a +2 and +3?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 04:03

Yes , open topped adds a further +1.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 05:11

That's brutal for open topped skimmers hey Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons    Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain tokens, skimmer DT test, and barrage weapons
Page 1 of 1