THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus

Go down 
+3
Local_Ork
Nomic
Sky Serpent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 12:11

I've been reading a lot about deep striking with Duke's capabilities and assaulting from a Raider on the turn you come down. I haven't played like this as it feels wrong.

Is it completely legit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 12:18

Nothing in the rulebook denies it. Infact, the rulebook clearly states thta units disembarking from a deep striking transport can shoot but not assault, meaning it is indeed possible to disembark after deep strike. It's just that every other rule that gives a vehicle deep strike specifically denies the ability to disembark. Since there is no mention of such in Duke's rule, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 12:38

Yes, they may disembark (but not move). Only Retro Engines prevent you from disembarking, just like in description.

However You can't assault, since guys inside count as DS themselves.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 13:21

Local Ork has it right. You can't assault after disembarking from a deepstriking vehicle as you count as deep striking yourself this also applies to dangerous terrain test for disembarking into cover.
Back to top Go down
Veldrith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 18:12

Correct. The Deepstrike Rules say the models in the transport count as Deepstriking as well, and it says that deepstriking models may not assault on the turn they Deepstrike, even if they have fleet, unless they have a special rule which specifically says they can.

Alas, the Duke isn't quite that insane.
Back to top Go down
Cam300
Slave
Cam300

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 21:23

Damn, I was just thinking about this the other day. Venom with Incubi... need I say more?!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 22:31

Sadly, disembarking CC squad isn't best thing since You leave unit for trigger-crazy enemies, however hopping out allow You to shoot (DSing vechicles count as moving with crushing speed if I'm correct, so no shooting for unit sitting inside), exactly what You can't do when using retro engines.

That's why Duke-drops rarely don't have warrior-based units.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 08:30

Yes, but how about a Heamy with a WWP?

Imagine... There's nothing on the table. Turn 2 your Heamy with Warriors/Trueborn drops down from the sky in the middle of the board. Heamy disconnects from squad and disembarks. Then drops the WWP in shooting phase. The Warriors/Trueborn disembark and start shooting infantry or tanks (whatever they are equiped for to do).

I know... I know... You have no control over what comes out first. But still... The sheer terror on your opponent's face.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 13:07

How about Venom, with Wracks? You may extend Your deployment zone nearly 18" to front:

12" move
2" disembark + 25mm of base
3" of Template

Now just roll well for reserves so something come out of WWP in turn 2 (You would not be blocked that way)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus   Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Strike Assault, sponsored by Duke Sliscus
Page 1 of 1