THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jetbikes and terrain

Go down 
+2
Shadows Revenge
shadowseercB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Jetbikes and terrain Empty
PostSubject: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 15:56

Can jetbikes stop in cover normally or do they need to take a dangerous terrain test? Are the rules the same with the other hover units like raiders and venoms?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 16:01

jetbikes take dangerous terrain tests if they stop in terrain. Skilled Rider allows them to ignore dangerous terrain tests.

Skimmers also take dangerous terrain tests if they stop in terrain

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 04:02

what elder jet bikes can deep strike?

I read in the rule book that jet bikes (eldar) can move 2d6 even if they arrived by deep strike. I don't see anything saying they can do that.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 06:54

I am unaware of any jetbikes that can deepstrike under the current rules except using Planetstrike rules.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 08:47

The only jetbikes that can deepstrike that I know of are Screemers of Tzeentch but they don't have the 2d6 move.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 09:39

+1 to the Dangerous terrain: My friend once used a squad of 3 Reavers against my 'Nids; determined to bladevane my Genestealers, he flew across them to a ruin...and lost 2 of them! Next turn, he lost the last one whilst trying to take off! He didn't even get any Genestealers!
Reavers-0, Ruined building-3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 10:02

commandersasha wrote:
+1 to the Dangerous terrain: My friend once used a squad of 3 Reavers against my 'Nids; determined to bladevane my Genestealers, he flew across them to a ruin...and lost 2 of them! Next turn, he lost the last one whilst trying to take off! He didn't even get any Genestealers!
Reavers-0, Ruined building-3 Razz

Well that was played wrong, for starters jet bikes ignore terrain they fly over and only have to test for dangerous terrain if they start or end their move in dangerous terrain. Reavers also have skilled rider which means they auto-pass dangerous terrain tests (last edition they got to re-roll dangerous terrain tests instead).

Red Card: Building sent off for illegal tackle. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 10:23

I assure you, it was a spectacular fail! It was last year, during 5th: he flew over my Genies, landed on a ruin, 2 bikes failed both their first dangerous landing rolls AND their re-rolls...his next turn the remaining Reaver failed both take offs!

It goes down in our group's history as possibly THE worst set of rolls we've seen, beating Edward's legendary Terminator squad, "The Onesies" :-)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 12:41

commandersasha wrote:
I assure you, it was a spectacular fail!

Jetbikes and terrain Impossibru_1287339853.8emig5u2u4kkswwcwsck0cog8.dyvz4sut4lc04scss800sgw48.th

Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 14:06

Also, if you have the right Leadership trait, you can get skimmers that ignore terrain, or atleast ruins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes and terrain   Jetbikes and terrain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jetbikes and terrain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-