THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Rending Sorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
archondraque
Slave
archondraque

Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 11:35

Hey Guys, I havent played warhammer 40K in over 8 years and before i stopped playing i was building a DE army. A couple of my freinds have recently started up again so i thought i may as well go for it as well and finish what i started! I have built a rough list for 1000pts but like i said i havent played in a long time so forgive me if i have made any mistakes, i am very rusty and could do with some expert advice from players more up to speed, i have also been looking through the book cover to cover and selecting what seemed pretty good, this is what i come up with, all feedback welcome!

PS, Kabal of the Rending Sorrow is a random name off the kabal generator that i thought sounded pretty cool Very Happy

HQ
Haemonculus
Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun- 65pts

Troops
Wracks, x4
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannons - 105pts

Kabalite Warriors, x5
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannons - 110pts

Kabalite Warriors, x5

Kabalite Warriors, x5

Kabalite Warriors, x5

Fast Attack
Reavers, x 6
2 Heat Lances - 156pts

Heavy Support
Ravager
Nightshield, 115pts

Ravager
Nightshield, 115pts

996pts in total

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited by archondraque on Tue Jan 01 2013, 10:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 14:54

for 1k this is looking pretty good. To put it in context, the list I'm taking to a competitive event in a couple of weeks has only 5 venoms at 1850, so 4 in 1000pts is going to kill a lot of stuff.

However, since you already have a lot of anti-infantry in your venoms and you have a haemo as an HQ you could save some pts by dropping your troops down to 3 man wrack units. This will save you 15 pts per squad, and you don't really need the extra splinter that the warriors would offer here as you have so much on the venoms already. For your haemo's wargear, a venom blade is always a good shout at 5pts but I'd swap that stinger pistol for a liqufier gun. Can be unreliable with ap D6 but in my opinion template weapons are always good with hitting a large part of any squad in range.

And in 6th ed, skimmers get a 5+ cover save if they move, so the 10 pts for a flickerfield on a ravager is not as necesseary as it was in 5th edition. You can however swap it for the same pts to Nightshields, which are certainly worth the 10pts.

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 16:59

I still like using the flicker fields as by not using the jink save you get to fire at full BS the next turn rather than snap firing, which I belive is worth the cost of taking them.

Also with the 1000pt list above- the 10 wracks on foot will get cut to shreds and will not keep up with the army as everything else flys,

you could drop the wracks to 4 so the haemonculi could go with them and then mount them in a venom.

Also i would run the reavers in a unit of 6 rather than 3 as it gives you left chance of giving up first blood.
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 17:57

Quote :
I still like using the flicker fields as by not using the jink save you get to fire at full BS the next turn rather than snap firing, which I belive is worth the cost of taking them.

This only applies to flyers, not skimmers. And yes, DE flyers (+ the helldrake) benefit from this by being able to take an inv save. But ravagers should take NS instead.

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
archondraque
Slave
archondraque

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 10:41

Hey Guys, thanks for the input/advice. Ive added the liq gun to the Haemonculous, replaced the flickerfields on the Ravagers with Nightshields and dropped the wracks down to a four man unit and added in a 5th venom with a extra splinter cannon

Caranthir987
I will try the 3 man wrack units, however i only have 5 wracks so it wont be possible at the moment but once i purchase some more it is something i will definatly try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Rending Sorrow    Kabal of the Rending Sorrow  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Rending Sorrow
Page 1 of 1