THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Fell Missive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ulcis
Slave
Ulcis

The Kabal of the Fell Missive Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Fell Missive   The Kabal of the Fell Missive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 23:51

Hi all, forum newbie here, thought I'd share my Kabal idea.

The as-yet-unnamed Archon of the Kabal of the Fell Missive started out as a Scourge, transporting hyper-toxin laced messages between Comorragh's Kabals. After decades spent delivering both good news and ill, he realised that the Archons rarely paid the messenger birds any attention. Even when informed of grave defeat, the Archon's displeasure usually fell on their own Kabalites and spies, rather than the frail Scourge who had delivered the scroll. He began to understand how impersonal these communiques are, and how trusted.

After honing his manipulative skills on his fellows and arising to Solarite status, he sought out the Haemonculus who had first transformed him into his avian state. Together the pair schemed, plotted and experimented, eventually bypassing the hyper-toxin security the Kabals put so much faith in. It was not a complete remedy, the then-Solarite would still be exposed, but the effects would be delayed long enough for the message to be altered... and for him to seek the Haemonculus' curative aid.

Archons all over the dark city started receiving word that their allies had turned against them. Rivalries flared, battles were raged across the Dark City's expanse. Resources went missing. And above it all, a Kabal was formed in darkness and secrecy. Their Archon spread his wings and assumed the throne, hidden within the highest of the City's aviaries. Raiders and Venoms were readied, troops were armed, all awaiting the day when they would reveal themselves.

However, the Archon trusted no-one else to alter the messages, lest they be used to steal his own growing power base. The cumulative effects of so many virulent toxins took their toll on the Scourge, who refused to surrender his valued physique. The only concession he made was the removal of his wings, after they had passed beyond the Haemonculus' abilities to heal. Regular debased activities keep his health in check, but as long as he continues to corrupt the missives flying between Archons he will continue to wither.

Only time will tell if his body will fade before the ancient intrigues of the Dark City...
Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Fell Missive
Page 1 of 1