THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1600 points friendly-ish list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

1600 points friendly-ish list Empty
PostSubject: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2013, 09:14

As some of you might be aware of from my project log, I am currently building a Dark eldar army (What? A DE army on these forums! The Horror!). My goal is to have it finished for a 1600 points tournament for easter. So far, I have the largest part of the army figured out, but I don't really know what to do with the final points. Allthough the army is for a tournament I want it to be quite friendly and fun, but still playable. And the main focus is good-looking models.

So, here is what I got so far:

Succubus 85
Agoniser

Haemonculi 70
Shattershard, Venom blade

10 Kabalite warriors 110
Splinter cannon, Sybarite

10 Kabalite Warriors 110
Splinter Cannon, Sybarite
Raider 70
Splinter racks

5 Kabalite warriors 60
Blaster
Venom 65
Extra splinter cannon

7+1 Wyches 110
Hekatrix, agoniser
Raider 60

5 Wracks 60
Liquifier gun
Venom 65
Extra splinter cannon

10 Hellions 205
Helliarch, agoniser, phantasm grenade launcher

Ravager 120
Nightshield, Grissly trophies

Ravager 115
Nightshield

This all sums up to 1305 points. I have a lot of stuff I want to add, but only 285 points to do it with. So here are the alternatives I've come up with:

Alternative A
7+1 Incubi 191
Klaivex
Raider 60

And fo the final points I can add some random stuff, like haywire grenades for the wtches and maybe some extra warriors for the footslogging squad.

This alternative gives me another unit that can be offensive and threaten my opponent, which should work OK together with the wyches. And I think the Incubi will look good on the battlefield.

Alternative B
6 reavers 196
2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Heatlance

This leaves a little less then 100 points which can be spent on a Chronos (which is a really cool model) or maybe some trueborn with dark lances.

I think reavers could be fun to play with and look quite cool as well.

Alternative C
10 Scourges 230
Solarite

Plus some warriors, haywire grenades and other stuff.

Scourges as pure anti-infantry is something I have been wanting to try. I know venoms are more cost effective, but I've not really seen anyone use scourges in this configuration. And they do deal quite a lot of punishment. They should also work out quite well together with the Hellions since they are both fast and shooty but fragile units.

What do you think? Which alternative would be most efective? Which would look coolest? And which would be the most fun to play with/against?
Back to top Go down
Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2013, 20:46

So... Three days later I have 20 views and not a single reply...
What did I do wrong?
confused
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2013, 21:54

Well if I were you I would add more hellions and baron. Maybe replacing succubus or haemonc. I guess u have enough troops for a double force org too. Also that other warrior squad doesnt have a raider? Add a raider (put a bird on it)! Also no grizzly trophies on rav. I love a good blob o hellions tho. 15 and baron is magic

Anyway that's my advice! All in all not bad!

were long be-nightmared."
-Keats
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 16:31

whats the purpose of the sybarites? I know they are probably just there for extra leadership, but is that really needed? For 5 more points, you could have a blaster instead... just food for thought. Also I feel we should never do foot, and that 1st warrior squad should raider up.

Im guessing the succubus and haemie go with the wyches, which is an interesting idea. The only thing I can see is remember that the hamie makes them not have fleet, which is very important tool we have, so he might want to stay in the raider. Also I would drop the shattershard for a liquifer (so he can do more than 1 template while sitting in the raider) and maybe use the 5 points to give him a power axe, which will not only give you some AP2 goodness in that squad, its actually pretty good idea for him as his I isnt that high. Also grab a PGL for your hekatrix, as stealth within 8" is amazing when charging through cover (makes wyches almost unkillable against overwatch)

I dont like hellions, heck I actually think they are unplayable unless you have baron. I would drop them for the reavers instead.

Whats the purpose of the grisly trophies on the ravager??? I would drop them, or give them to the wych raider instead.

As for what to do with the rest of the points, another ravager or troop choice would go along way. Out of the options you said though, the incubi will probably be best (because the reavers should already be in there... right???) Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 10:54

Thanks for the replies.

I agree that the Hellions are quite useless the way they are now. They are there because I like the models. And since I'm in a bit of a hurry to get all things painted before a tournament (I'm not a very fast painter) I don't really want to remove anything that is already painted. But both your suggestions seem like good advice. So in the future I will definately either add the Baron and some more Hellions or drop them in favour of Reavers. I could possibly add the Baron now, but then I would have to drop either the Haemonculi (which would make the Wracks quite useless) or the Succubus. I'll think about that.

The idea behind the grissly trophies was to prevent units from running off the board if my opponent got first turn. I hate when that happens. But after playing with it, I agree that it is not very useful. However, it is already modelled on the Ravager, so I'm stuck with it (and it's only 5 points).

The Sybarites were originally only there for the leadership but I've found that their precision shots can be really nice as well. Plus they gave me the opportunity to model some cooler looking warriors with back banners.

About a raider for the footslogging squad - is it really worth it? They will probably not sit in it, since they die horribly when it is destroyed and I don't really think that an empty raider is worth its points. But I might be using it wrong...

But thanks for the comments and ideas. I will consider them.
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 11:06

Mortarion wrote:
So... Three days later I have 20 views and not a single reply...
What did I do wrong?
confused

I know that feel, bro. I'm dying for help on redisigning these lists right now.

Tournament Record:
5-1-3
1st place: 0
2nd place:2
3rd place:0
No place:1
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 11:55

Just cause you have dead bits hanging to the Ravager does not mean you have to take the upgrade!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1600 points friendly-ish list   1600 points friendly-ish list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1600 points friendly-ish list
Page 1 of 1