THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tournament 1600 points

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

Tournament 1600 points Empty
PostSubject: Tournament 1600 points   Tournament 1600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 10:07

Late March, I am attending a tournament for 1600 points.

my actual list:

Sliscus
Haemonculus, Liquifier, WWP
Haemonculus, Liquifier, WWP

4 Blasterborn, Venom (2 SC) (Haem in here)
4 Trueborn, 2 DL
7 Trueborn, 2 SC, 5 carbine (Sliscus in here)

2x 5 Warriors, Blaster
3x 8 Wyches, HWG, Heka (Agonizer)
3x Wracks, Raider (haem in here)

2x 3 RJB, heatlance

1 Talos, chainflail, HWBlaster

1599 points
10 DL-Weapons
2 Heatlance
1 HWBlaster
24 HWG

tactica:
DL-Trueborne hide in cover and snipe at enemy armour
1 unit RJB outflank from the beginning + harrass enemy troops
Warriors secure objetives / hide in cover
Haems, Blasterborn + Wracks move up and deploy WWP, then Blasterborn shoot armour and wracks hide in cover to harrass enemy footsloggers
Talos, Wyches, splinterborn + 1 unit RJB charge out of the WWP

I actually have to practise with this army list. I usually play against CSM (Khorne Berserkers galore, Vindicator, Pred, 2 DP) and GK (Mechlist, 2 Chimaeras, 2 Psyflemen, LR Crusader, 5 Razorbacks, Assassins, Vindicare, 10+ Psykers, 4 Jokaero, some guardsmen).

I am not sure about the DL-Sniperborn. perhaps I should field a Ravager instead (i have to buy one yet) or another Blasterborn unit. But the 36" is what i need to stay away from DP and other bad CC-units
any thoughts?

Slave
LordOfRuin

Tournament 1600 points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament 1600 points   Tournament 1600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 11:05

I would recommend getting at least 1 Ravager in here. I think your right in the idea of dropping your Trueborn with DL's. I tallied up their points and the unit + transport comes to 98 so if you drop them and trim 17 more points off your list you can take a Ravager with Flickerfields @ 115. That way you have 3 DL's and not 2 and It's got AV 11/11/10 with a 5+ Inv rather than 4x piddly DE guys @ T3 with 5+ Armour... I know which I'd take without hesitation!

In addition to the above you also have the added mobility of your Ravager's mounted DL's actually being able to fire on the move instead of having a few guys camp in some bushes hoping they don't get charged or shot to pieces. Failing that if your not comfortable dropping that squad I'd lose the Talos for a Ravager seeing as the way you have yours set up comes to exactly 115 pts.

I've added up everything except your Trueborn w. DL's and (assuming my maths is correct) you end up with 1481 Points which gives you 119 points to spend so how about dropping the Trueborn as mentioned and taking a Ravager (105) + Flickerfields (10) and maybe a cheapy upgrade like Grisly Trophies, Torment Grenade Launchers or Chain Snares to fill that last 5 points off. Yes this leaves you at 1601 however most people don't care about being 1 or 2 points over the limit so you should be fine.

Hopefully this will give you a few ideas to go away with and try out.

Tournament 1600 points
Page 1 of 1