THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE and Corsair allies

Go down 
+2
Shadows Revenge
shadowseercB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

DE and Corsair allies Empty
PostSubject: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 06:04

bounce Any suggestions on a DE/Corsair list? I think im going to allie with them and would like to see a few ideas.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 16:55

first off the question should be, what do you want out of the list??? Corsairs offer very few things that we cant already have or CWE dont give us, but there are a few things to look at.

First is the Prince's Night Fight for a turn ability. Great for us since we use it, and dont have to worry about being hurt by it. Always a plus in any DE army.

Second is the jet pack corsairs, which are always a plus, also some AV12 to break up the AV10s in are army are nice, and unlike CWE they are BS4!!!

Apart from that, everything else they bring we can get from CWE (Nightwings, Warp Hunters... etc...) and actually get some Psy defense with Runes of Warding. Overall though I feel that Corsairs arent the worse ally you can take, you just have to figure out what you want from them
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 18:47

To echo Shadows Revenge, it depends on not only what you want them to do, but what you are taking for your main DE list.

I also ALWAYS take at least one unit of Corsair Jetbikers. They are scouts (Outflank FTW) at BS4. The 145pt unit of 10 Corsairs with JP's and 2Xmissile launchers is always a great backfield objective holder/jump/shoot/scoot unit to irritate your opponents. A Warp Hunter is also a must Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 08:11

Both are good suggestions. Nice outflank on bikes, but I dont see them doing anything special or as well as Reavers, unless im missing something.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 08:42

They're troops, so they can turboboost on objectives to claim them late in the game, and they get one shuriken cannon for every 3, which is a decent strenght long range weapon.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 13:50

they are also 3+ save instead of 5 +
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 22:44

so do reavers but thats cover save and after turbo boost. Bladevanes or jetbikes, Its nice to have options for all situations.

Corsair look insane on paper atleast. I see alot of people complain about them. But then again there is always someone complaining.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:31

Maybe I'm lost...but...corsairs? What do we mean by Corsairs?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:36

The Eldar Corsair army list is from Forge World's Imperial Armour 11 book.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:39

ahh. Im a little behind on my forge world stuffs!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:43

They're basically Eldar Guardians with BS4, more weapon options, Falcons and Venoms as transport options, jetpack troops, and a whole lot of other cool stuff to play with. Fun list, though they are sorely lacking in the close combat. Their Harlequin squads can take Venoms though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:45

Competitive enough? I've been sorta looking for something new, but dont wanna be completely outclassed
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 05:49

They are. Think of them as having a playing style halfway between DE and CWE. Very fun, but also a very expensive army to get into.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 06:17

I've already got Dark eldar things, though it looks like a lot of it uses Eldar models. Im sure I can use some of my Dark Eldar models instead, as a 'counts as' ideal. Would work great for my armies fluff. They are a piracy/merchant group
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 06:25

Are there any forgeworld models that can be used for dark eldar other than dark eldar models? For example, Corsair stuff.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 06:34

DE and Corsair allies Corspaint1
I don't think that the Corsair models look anywhere near evil enough to pass for DE.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 06:43

bah, what I should have said is if I could use any of the vehicles like the fliers. Anyway point taken :*(
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 06:49

Some people use the Void Dragon bomber as a Voidraven Bomber.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 07:57

I think I remember it saying that one of the Corsair bombers was part of the DE force but then I heard they removed that.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 09:10

the Void Dragon Phoenix used to be availeable as Eldar and Dark Eldar heavy support choise, but ever since the Corsair list it has seiced to exist as a separate unit entry (the regular Phoenix can now replace its pulse laser with a twin linked starcannon, giving it the same loadout as the Void Dragon version), which also means it can no longer be taken as a part of DE army (since the regular Phoenix is Craftworld and Corsair armies only). Had I known that, I'd just have bought the normal Phoenix, as the pulse laser is superior to starcannon (altough with strafing run and twin linked the starcannon pretty much never misses).
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 22:18

Moving this to Slaves and Mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE and Corsair allies   DE and Corsair allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE and Corsair allies
Page 1 of 1