THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WebWay Portals

Go down 
+9
Radium
Apathy
abjectus
Kinnay
speedfreek
Local_Ork
Arhra
Xelkireth
Foo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:57

As mentioned in my project log, I started making some webway portals. These are just made from a sawed-in-hald ball I bought at the dollar store that had similar diameter to the standard blast template.

I spray painted them black, then dusted with white spray paint to give it starfield look.
WebWay Portals WWP2011-06-12_22-13-57_733_Toronto

After that, I just painted a Commorragh skyline in black and added some highlights and tinted mist. When it was dry, I put some clouds and lightning in.
WebWay Portals WWP2011-06-12_23-10-30_927_Toronto
WebWay Portals WWP2011-06-12_23-10-22_166_Toronto
WebWay Portals WWP2011-06-12_23-10-02_214_Toronto
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 05:02

Are those bigger than a small blast template?

Either way, that looks very nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 15:53

Looks great. I plan on doing something similar. I just gotta find the perfect set of balls.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 17:20

WebWay Portals Scaled.php?server=845&filename=webwayportal

Here is mine. Best thing is that alluminium foil give You "broken glass" texture, which can be painted with "candy" (transpatent) paint or washed and it looks
FREAKING GOOD!

Your looks good too. Try to "stain" clouds with dark wash (ie first paint it with water, then paint dots of watered down paint so they would make... well, hard to describle but it should look good) so they would have "smoke" look.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 00:21

Xelkireth wrote:
Are those bigger than a small blast template?

Either way, that looks very nicely done.
They're just shy of 3" diameter, so a little smaller than a blast template, I think.

Arhra wrote:
Looks great. I plan on doing something similar. I just gotta find the perfect set of balls.
I just went into a dollar store and started looking around. I eventually found a bunch of balls and used a tape measure they were selling in the store to check the size!

Local_Ork wrote:
WebWay Portals Scaled.php?server=845&filename=webwayportal

Here is mine. Best thing is that alluminium foil give You "broken glass" texture, which can be painted with "candy" (transpatent) paint or washed and it looks
FREAKING GOOD!

Your looks good too. Try to "stain" clouds with dark wash (ie first paint it with water, then paint dots of watered down paint so they would make... well, hard to describle but it should look good) so they would have "smoke" look.
Yours is cool, but I prefer a 3D webway portal. Since it's impassable terrain, slapping the portal down actually gives the model a cover save from most angles.

Better a 4+ save for my Haemi than none, right?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 05:36

Don't know it actually should give cover, but if so... then I'll turn it 90*, make blades/chains around it and glue on base Razz

Anyway I've posted mine here becuase this works for all surfaces - including cut spheres.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 06:44

I've made a half sphere webway portal as well, but at this years European Team Championship,
the FAQ states that you should use a flat blast marker as your webway portal.
So I guess I'll have to make a new blast marker shaped one...
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 06:48

Anyone planning on using the new Storm of Magic Vortex templates as Webway Portals?

I personally like the purple one, the fiery one and the black/white stormy one.

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 07:06

There was a official model, its sold out now, it was a 1/2 sphere painted like original poster's. Vortex grenade model was same thing with different paint job. I was thinking about getting those storm of magic ones, depending on price, and size. I heard a rumour they are 5" instead of 3", hope rumour is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Apathy
Slave
Apathy

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 12:43

I would love to see an appropriately modified snow globe used as a WWP, however I have two of the GW ones and hardly enough time to paint my army as it is. Please steal this idea and post pics!!
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 13:29

I have a GW WWP, but I plan to get the new fantasy magic sumfings if they are the right size.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 14:48

speedfreek wrote:
I've made a half sphere webway portal as well, but at this years European Team Championship,
That's a silly rule, considering the official model was 3D!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 04:38

Foo wrote:
speedfreek wrote:
That's a silly rule, considering the official model was 3D!
Exactly. I'd tell them to frak off and that I'm using an official Citadel model.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 00:09

Do we have a tutorial section? I made this tutorial for these:

Making WebWay Portals

Last edited by Foo on Tue Jun 21 2011, 01:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 00:49

Quote :
Do we have a tutorial section?

Well, we don't.
But I can hook it to list of tutorials so there is no need for that. IMHO this would be better, since you can pick topics from list like groceries from shop shelve.

btw I would be pleased if You would stick smaller things here (Yes, I know how that sounds. I'm talking about pictures, of course.). There is "sticky" Proper Picture Posting tutorial, if I'm correct Dakka also allow you auto-thumbing.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 01:13

Sorry, I didn't realize those were official rules. I'll fix this later!

Actually it isn't, but it will be nice for pups with crappy internet connection. Thanks nonetheless.
And I certainly will add Your stuff to Tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 04:54

I've been meaning to do something like this for while now. Paintjob's clearly pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Dracon_Alaktel
Slave
Dracon_Alaktel

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 04:34

I saw a really cheap but very badass way to make a webway portal while surfing around.

https://2img.net/h/i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/ltmidwinter/WebwayPortal.jpg

The guy used geodes to make them and I'm impressed at this simple, yet effective idea! What'cha guys think?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 09:42

I'll see if i can nid an Engine of the Gods I think, and put it on a base as large as the usual WWP:s. Might look a little more interesting, especially when painted in dark eldary colours.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Zam0ne
Slave

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 16:13

Dracon_Alaktel wrote:
I saw a really cheap but very badass way to make a webway portal while surfing around.

https://2img.net/h/i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/ltmidwinter/WebwayPortal.jpg

The guy used geodes to make them and I'm impressed at this simple, yet effective idea! What'cha guys think?

I think the purple one on the right looks a bit like a vagina, which for our army of choice is hilariously appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WebWay Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: WebWay Portals   WebWay Portals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WebWay Portals
Page 1 of 1