THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway & Allies portals in 7e?

Go down 
+3
1++
Count Adhemar
Starkadder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

Webway & Allies portals in 7e? Empty
PostSubject: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 10:52

I take it the restrictions on these only being for available for DE units coming from reserve hasn't been lifted by anything in the new BRB?

Also...
I've been trying to think up a way to use some sort of infiltrate shenanigans to get my Webway bearer into a strong position to drop it on turn 1? Infiltrating Raiders with wracks and Karandras + a haemi?

Any thoughts on this appreciated. I'd love these to work in this edition. With the Autarch's path of strategy now applying to us they may be more effective...

Sorry mods - bit of a hybrid thread between rules and tactics.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 11:23

The "current" FAQs are stated to be for 6th edition so there is an argument that they are all invalid now. This does however create a problem in that there are a number of issues that make us much weaker without the FAQ, such as Huskblades not being AP2 etc.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 11:49

Yeah kinda tough without current clarifications up yet

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 12:15

The most logical way to do it would be to use the most recent FAQs and common sense where appropriate; in this case I would assume that non-DE models can't use the webway portal as that part doesn't clash with any updated 7th edition rules.

Otherwise you get such gems as any codex from Necrons and prior having vehicles without a listed Hull point value, meaning they either die on deployment or are considered immortal until you get an 'explodes' result... sanity says use 6th edition rules from the back of the BRB

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:34

Well...

New 7E FAQs are out. No mention of webway portals being restricted anymore..

Thoughts?

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Dark_Eldar_v1.0_May14.pdf

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2014, 00:15

the section in the FAQ about not being able to send Allies through the portal has been removed. What is not forbiden is allowed. Smile

The first person to send a wraithknight through a webway portal along with his three talos freinds and his buddy the avatar gets a high five from me!
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2014, 09:05

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
the section in the FAQ about not being able to send Allies through the portal has been removed. What is not forbiden is allowed. Smile

The first person to send a wraithknight through a webway portal along with his three talos freinds and his buddy the avatar gets a high five from me!

People keep mentioning sending a wraithknight through a WWP. I don't know why you would (other than the novelty).

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2014, 02:19

No, but MSU lists could benefit immensely.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02 2014, 03:54

Ppl keep mentioning the Wraithknight because its ironicly funny, he bigger in size than our boats and yet he can still use the WWP.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 21:24

MurDok wrote:
Ppl keep mentioning the Wraithknight because its ironicly funny, he bigger in size than our boats and yet he can still use the WWP.
exactly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webway & Allies portals in 7e?   Webway & Allies portals in 7e? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway & Allies portals in 7e?
Page 1 of 1