THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sathonyx
Hellion

My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! Empty
PostSubject: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 04:28

Thanks again for the castling advise against those "turn 1 drop pods" guys. I had to modify it a little, but it worked like a charm. He came at me as usual with a dreadnought in one and grey hunter squad in the other. He couldn't land behind me to be brutally effective like before, but was forced in front of me. It was fun watching him debate where to attempt drop-podding for almost 5 minutes. His comment was, "This is a mixed bag. I should have let you go firts". His slight scatter was just enough to limit major damage. I lost 3 Hellions to 2 flame templates. I lost a ravager on turn 1 to his Aegis Defense quad gun, despite my 4+ cover save. Then I struck with him in the open. Sliscus' raider with 8 Trueborn (6 shard carbine, 2 splinter cannon) gunned down 5 grey hunters including his general (!!), my 9 remaining Hellions gun down 2 more and a venom got another, leaving only 2 grey hunters in the open. I swear I could hear a cackle from my Hellion figs as they assaulted the lest 2. My 2 groups of 6 Reavers each (2 caltrops per group, no AT) crissed -crossed over his 5 Long Fangs w/ missile launchers and sgt on quad gun, killing them all on turn 1. Shooting knocked 2 hull point from the dread, but could't kill it. But, it couldn't move and only take snap shots. Revenge is so, so sweet. Oh, I did that Sathonyx/Hellion - Haemi/Wrack pain token switcheroo on turn one again. Turn 2...Have you ever seen Sathonyx with 8 other Hellions, under the influence of Grave Lotus (thank you Duke) and Furious Charge (thank you Haemi) assault a dread that down to 1 hull point left? MWAHAHAHAHA. Dark City Tactical Advise, NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !! In my best Elvis impression, "Ahhh, thank you very much".
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 08:27

Glad to see it went well. More slaves for Commorragh! Yarr!

Next game he will want to go second (let him) and then you can take out his quad gun (and maybe even long fangs) and move everyone of your vehicles not in cover 1" so they get their jink save for moving but your positioning/deployment doesn't change and he will still have to deal with exactly the same castle he had to deal with if he went first except without quad gun/long fang support and tougher raiders.

Thanks for the mini report, it's always nice to hear how things play out. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 05:10

No problem Mush. I debated about submitting it in battle reports section, but felt it was more appropriate to report back here in tactics on the results, especially since this is where I got all the great TACTICAL advise. My buddy is so frustrated with the damage done our last 2 games (first Tau and then Space Wolves) by the 2 groups of 6 reavers and 1 unit of 12 Hellions (counting the Baron). Truthfully, the Hellions shooting has been amazingly effective (24 shots of poison).
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 07:28

I think you posted this in the right place, as it's a response to advice you were given here (like you said).

Hellions do have fantastic shooting, and are a very versatile unit. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 19:29

I have those 12 old models of Hellions (from 3rd Ed) and have done well with them in EVERY GAME but one. After the great tactical advise I got here, with pain token swap/Baron, and already being my favorite DE figs, I got 2 boxes of the new figs. I'm anxiuos to try out a Hellion deathstar with the Baron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!   My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 6th game = Space Wolves turn 3 surrender!
Page 1 of 1