THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The red blade Kabal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Russel
Slave
Jack Russel

The red blade Kabal  Empty
PostSubject: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 21:58

Hello everyone. I just decided to post up pictures of my dfark eldar. I am still debating the name The red blade Kabal so any other suggestioons would be greatly appreciated. I also have some wych models, I am using an earthy tone with some red to make them fit in with the kabal stuff but also make them look different, I am a bit concerned about using the brown though, does it suit dark eldar ?

Here is the Archon
[img]The red blade Kabal  230965_sm-Archon%2C%20Dark%20Eldar[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  230966_sm-Archon%2C%20Dark%20Eldar[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  230967_sm-Archon%2C%20Dark%20Eldar[/img]

And these are the wych models

[img]The red blade Kabal  230968_sm-Dark%20Eldar[/img]

The red blade Kabal  230968_sm-Dark%20Eldar

The red blade Kabal  230970_sm-Dark%20Eldar
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 22:02

Striking colour scheme. I really like the contrast and depth of the shading. The light skin adds to this too. Brown should complement the red well but make sure its an earthy tone like scorched brown.

Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 00:01

They look good mate, can't go wrong with red and black, love the purple blade of the Hekatrix looks awesome!

In regards to the brown, I think a lighter shade (Say snakebite with highlights) would look really good. Depends how much of it you are planning on using, they look great at the moment!

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 00:01

I have been able to paint a squad of warriors. Sorry about the blurry pictures, I have not been able to photograph all of them but here are the current pictures :

[img]The red blade Kabal  208735_sm-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Eyes%2C%20Glowing%20Eyes%2C%20Red%2C%20Syborite[/img]

Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 00:08

Clearer photo of the banner would be good...is that freehand? Looks awesome!

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 00:12

Thanks, yes that is free-hand, I have gotten quite good at free-hand, If you think that's good you should see the fly Icon on my plague marines !
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 23:42

I suck at freehand, so I'm always impressed when I see others pulling it off Very Happy

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 23:49

Freehand is not that complicated. If you would like I can make a mini guide on how I do it if you would like.
Back to top Go down
Jack Russel
Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 00:25

I made an objective marker today that I think is worthy of this blog, pictures of the warriors is coming soon aswell.

But more importantly I figured out what I should do with the wyches. Today I was reading up on the whyches and they remind me of Hyenas (my faviroute animal) so I have decided to go with the idea of using a lighter shade of brown for the more high ranking and older whyches.

But anyway here is the objective

[img]The red blade Kabal  238721_sm-[/img]
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 03:07

A guide would be great, I love trying new things Very Happy

Good use of the old prism cannon, and I like the idea of Wyches Very Happy

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 15:49

Cheers. I will make a guide next time I do free-hand on some dark eldar stuff, or if you would like I have a battlewagon to add some free-hand to so I could make a guide with that.
Back to top Go down
Jack Russel
Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 17:51

So if you would like to know how I do free-hand here is the guide : (sorry some of the pictures are not gret quality)

I decided to paint my objective marker, I will repeat this on every side of this objective but decided to do only one side to make it easier to make the guide.

[img]The red blade Kabal  240702_sm-Objective%20Marker[/img]

I painted the outline of the symbol I wanted to paint with chaos black

[img]The red blade Kabal  240704_sm-Objective%20Marker[/img]

I then filled out the centre of the shape with scorpion green

[img]The red blade Kabal  240703_sm-Objective%20Marker[/img]

I then highlighted the very edge of the symbol with a mix of scorpion green 1:1 skull white and then added an even thinner highlight of scorpion green 1:2 skull white and finnaly adding a tiny dot of skull white into the corners

[img][img]The red blade Kabal  240705_sm-Objective%20Marker[/img][/img]

When I finished the freehand I stippled a mix of Shadow grey, space wolves grey and water (about 1:1:1)

The red blade Kabal  240700_sm-Objective%20Marker

And finnaly I washed the entire thing with thrakka green, it's not sry on the picture though.

The red blade Kabal  240701_sm-Objective%20Marker

Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 22:16

Thanks! I'm going to have to look up some designs to copy now for the sides of my raiders Very Happy

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 22:44

No problem, I am following your work on Dakka, you have some very good stuff on there. Will you be using the scorpion green like I did or are you going with your light blue-ish colour ?
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 23:53

Thanks!

I've actually been using white, love the way it pops on the red, but green is also one of my secondary colours with the blue.

I'm using the marking to separate the squads (ie: markings on the left/right/both sides) so will follow through with the squad's matching transports. I can get away with simple shapes on the warriors due to their size, but the sides of raiders are going to be a challenge to pull off and look acceptable Very Happy

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 18:39

I re-painted my Archon today because too many flaws were bugging the crap out of me, I also found a new place to take pictures. I also did some more work on my objective marker and took a picture of the warrior squads sybarite.

[img]The red blade Kabal  243329_sm-[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  243330_sm-[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  243331_sm-[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  243332_sm-[/img]

[img]The red blade Kabal  243333_sm-[/img][img][/img][img]The red blade Kabal  243334_sm-[/img][img][/img][img]The red blade Kabal  243335_sm-[/img]
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 23:15

Have you got any white blank paper getting around? If you place it on the window sill so that it curves (use the mini to hold it in place) you should get a nicer photo. Then add a white lamp and you should get some nice bright and clear photos Very Happy

Love the back banner on the Sybrite too, very nice design. Can't go wrong with red armour either Wink

Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 13:50

I went out and bought some Incubi on saturday and I finnaly got around to taking pictures of them today. They are all built like you see on the box apart from the Klaivex so I decided not to waste time on pictures of the other 4 Incubi, but I did get a picture of the klaivex with a head swap.

[img]The red blade Kabal  248378_sm-[/img]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The red blade Kabal    The red blade Kabal  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The red blade Kabal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs