THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron

Go down 
+10
GAR
DanceofDecemberSouls
SirTainly
speedfreek
Gobsmakked
Foo
Keravin
Xelkireth
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hadriel Caine
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron Empty
PostSubject: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 00:49

So I've been collecting Dark Eldar for a few years now and was very excited at the prospect of a new codex. I have gone with a fairly traditional colour scheme with purple armour, black body suits and goblin green detailing. I have recently got hold of a lot of the new minis as it was my birthday about two weeks ago.

Here's some of my already completed stuff:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron PICT0767
First guy painted in January 2009.

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 100_0817
Incubi, painted soon after the first guy

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron PICT1338
Tarellian Dog soldier mercenary and stand in trueborn

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron PICT1364
Jetbike Archon (sadly no longer in use)

aaaand... Photobucket has crashed. Ideal. More to follow!

Adam

Last edited by Hadriel Caine on Sat Jun 11 2011, 01:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 00:59

Most of my warriors:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC00970-1

Some more newly painted guys:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron PICT1340

Sathonyx:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01937

Duke Sliscus:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02307

Homebrew Venoms:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02335

I've got 15 assembled trueborn, 10 scourges and a new venom to paint up then I'm done for 1500 pts. I wonder how big an army I could make if I used everything I own...

expect WIPs of new stuff asap.

Adam

Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 03:11

How did you make your Baron? He looks amazing! Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 09:09

Your baron is dope.
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 12:13

Here he is, I tried to match the art work in the codex fairly closely in terms of basic pose. The sky board has a larger engine from an old Reaver jetbike, lots of trophies and some extra blades from the new Reaver sprue:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC00986
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC00987

This conversion would have been a lot easier to do with Citadel Finecast!

Here's how I made my Venoms too:

"I've spent the last couple of days browsing the new 'dex in greater detail than before. I am very interested in the Venom.

So I traded in a load of old minis from my bitz box at home (which is stuff I really don't need) and bought three second hand Vypers from Wargames Emporium in Sheffield, who were open on a bank holiday which was nice."
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01195

and some plasticard and mesh (from B&Q)
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01196

And I made myself three nice Venoms:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01198
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01199
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC01200

Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm going to snap some pics of my newly assembled stuff later today to give you an idea of whats coming. I may even get around to undercoating them.

cheers

Adam

Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 13:45

Not seen your Incubi before. Nice idea with the Dreadlord.
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 19:34

Thanks very much! He was my Archon in my old list (generally run as a Dracon more recently due to the jetbike Archon).

Here's some new stuff!

Scourges
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02423

Blasterborn
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02425

Venom
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02426

Raider
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02427

Sliscus' Trueborn (3+ poison shardcarbines? yes please)
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02428

Pain Tokens!
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02429

Will paint a test trueborn tonight I hope.

Adam

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 01:14

Awesome work. I really dig your baron.
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 12:30

Thanks mate! I'm rather pleased with him myself. Would've been MUCH easier to do with Finecast. I'm very impressed with the new resin (my mate got some Hive Guard this week) shame I'm about done for purchases (for this list anyway), plenty to be getting on with. Don't know if I'll be able to resist the new Haemonculi though...

Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 21:45

I know its been a while but I'm very busy!
I'm enjoying the trueborn a lot at the moment. So I dropped a squad of ineffective Hellions (only the Sathonyx unit EVER does anything) and added another venom (since I bought one of the new ones) and some special weapons.

Here's my list as it stands today:

Duke Sliscus

Baron Sathonyx

5 Hellions, Helliarch, Agoniser

10 Scourges

5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster
Venom, splinter cannon

5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster
Venom, splinter cannon

5 Kabalite Trueborn, 2x splinter cannon, 2x blaster
Venom, splinter cannon

5 Kabalite Trueborn, 2x splinter cannon, 2x blaster
Venom , splinter cannon

9 Kabalite Trueborn, 9x shard carbines
Raider, Flickerfield

total=1499

Took out the splinter racks too since I can't use 'em with shard carbines! and added a flickerfield!

I had a game today against my regular opponent James. I beat him for the first time ever. He was using Salamanders. I usually get destroyed by his thunderfire cannon and terminators. Not today!

what fun.

Trueborn painting soon- does anyone have any fish bowl heads I could trade?

cheers

Adam

Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 19:53

Started painting my final venom and the Raider today. Annoyingly the store was closed when I got back from seeing a show so no pictures... for now. Am excited to be back painting DE again. Got very distracted by Dark Angels for a while there...

Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2011, 19:24

I've finally got some painting done again!

Venom #4
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02687

group shot:
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC02688

The highlights do not look anywhere near as harsh to the naked eye. In fact I'm rather proud of the blending and would say the new venom is by far the best painted of the four. I am happy with how they look as a group and VERY happy that I don't feel like I need to replace my three home-grown ones with the new kit!

Next in the pipeline is my new Raider/ the scourges. The scourges will probably end up getting done first as I already have some old Raiders painted which I can use in games for the time being, same goes for the trueborn- not a priority yet as they will usually be in transports shooting their nasty little (and big) guns, NOT running around on foot being shot to death... also I have a LOT of painted warriors already; if I have to field a painted army all I need to do is paint the scourges Smile

Therefore the rest will be rewards for getting a mate's Hive Tyrant done and 16 chaos warriors for another friend

I've updated my Deathwing today too on warseer, its nice to have a couple of projects on the go!

Oh AND I've got my first professional acting job; 1st production meeting today. I'm playing Jean in Miss Julie by August Strindberg. Google it! For those of you in Devon it looks like its going to be a fantastic production!

cheers, comments and thoughts hugely welcomed as ever!

Adam

Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2011, 20:54

Congratulations! Break a leg!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2011, 01:38

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2011, 01:59

Luv the Venoms, and congrats on the acting gig. Break a leg indeed!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 00:44

Thanks very much guys! Its time to pick up the pace again:

Here's the finished Raider:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron D7778d4a
Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron B6b3131c

Photos taken on my iPhone.
I'll get some proper ones done when I get a chance/ some nice weather!

Really pleased with how it came out. As usual with my DE all the harsh lines look much more muted IRL. My camera(s) just seem to love highlights!

Adam

speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 01:31

Is it in a new colour?
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 01:37

No my iPhone decided it would be nice to make it blue... it looks the same colour as the last venom IRL Smile

Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 01:50

Another update, of sorts.

It has now been over two and a half years since I began my Dark Eldar army with my splinter cannoneer and a beer cap as a mixing palette.

Its been a time of quite a few ups and downs with finishing my BA, doing my MA and finally getting some work doing something I love. One thing that has been fairly constant has been painting little figurines. This has in fact been quite constant for 15 years now...

I've only ever managed to finish one army before now, my Vampire counts (although having looked at the Terrorgheist I'm not so sure I'm done now...) but the Dark Eldar are getting pretty close now.

Here's an army shot of everything I field at the moment using the army list near the bottom of p15 of this thread:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04009

As you can hopefully see I have only got 2 Splinter cannoneers to build/paint for a trueborn unit (currently using dark lancers as place holders). 5 blasters to paint and 10 scourges. This really shouldn't take me too long as I've got quite quick at painting infantry (I've painted enough vehicle crew and a lot of old school warriors).

Luckily there wil always be more to paint; I'm currently using my old Archon as Sliscus and 9 old warriors as his trueborn. I eventually intend to use this unit:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04020

They need some GS work and I'm trying to track down some more fishbowl heads too.

I've also got this fella to paint which was a birthday gift from my friend Kap'n Krump:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04017

I also plan to paint the now relegated 2nd unit of Hellions for use in bigger games. Who knows after some more games they might get called off the bench!

Here's a better picture of that new raider for you too:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04022

I really enjoyed painting this in the end. About half way through I was a bit disillusioned and frustrated but I'm chuffed with the results.

This chap(ess) has also kindly agreed to donate her blaster to a trueborn:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04023

Real life progress this evening involved fixing the Haemonculus' hand, basing the scourges, and basing some paint tokens:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron DSC04024

I also managed to cook dinner, sort out an acting workshop for kids at my old school and watch The Road which is one of the most relentlessly depressing films I've ever seen. Wonderfully made though!

I'm still planning on getting a test trueborn done tomorrow and I'm planning something a bit different for the scourges using a bit less purple. There's a reason for this and that is stealth! I like to imagine that Eldar and Dark Eldar weapons (shard and splinter) don't make much of a racket when they're fired and would like to paint the Scourges in dark colours with maybe some browns to suggest that they are sent in to tae out strategic locations covertly, places that vehicles and bright purple might not be a great tactical idea.

We'll see how that pans out!

cheers

Adam

SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 18:57

Fantastic conversions there!

Oh and the colour scheme is very tasteful, but I may be a touch biased! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 17:22

Thanks @SirTainly, I'm not always happy with the purple because it looks soo old school. But mostly I like it.
More updates: splinter cannon trueborn done

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 15b21a96

Converted from Raider hanger on:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron Fec3bdab

And from the venom, reavers and an old school torso!

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 1cf5b1bc

I've managed to get most of one painted too but pics will have to wait- on my iPhone atm. Not been at home in a few days! Lots of rehearsals.

Adam

DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 05:40

Wow. Seriously nice work.

Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 11:39

@danceofdecembersouls- thanks very much! More painting tomorrow! For now here's some fairly poor pics of my test guy:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron F7cca701

And a comparison which probably doesn't show the improvement of my painting as much as in real life

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 69f0f0bb

Painting day tomorrow I should think.

Adam

GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 17:03

Hadriel Caine wrote:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 1cf5b1bc

OK, that is just Pimp!

Not sure how I missed this thread. Very nice and great progress!

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Hadriel Caine
Hellion
Hadriel Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 19:40

Glad you like him GAR I've fnished a new trueborn today, based em and sprayed em black. Expect some painting on them on Wednesday.

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron Edd32522

for now I finished 6 pain tokens that look like this:

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron 940b0468

enjoying these again- needed a break for a bit.

Adam

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron   Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venomous Assault: The Duke and the Baron
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next