THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Farseer as an ally

Go down 
+12
Massaen
FenWulf
Skye26
Nomic
mug7703
Siticus the Ancient
Murkglow
Lay_Ayanesha
Count Adhemar
Saintspirit
colinsherlow
DarkCycu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Farseer as an ally - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 09:04

Eldrad's definitely better than a regular Farseer, if you have the points. However, currently I'm just using a very cheap Farseer to give me psychic defence and throw precience on my Ravager (and man a quad-gun with bs5), and spending rest of my points in my DE stuff. I've used Eldar before, but found I rarely made use of his 4 powers since most of the time he was sitting very far backfield, throwing prescience on a couple of units that were hanging back to remain in range.

mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 10:03

Nomic wrote:
Eldrad's definitely better than a regular Farseer, if you have the points. However, currently I'm just using a very cheap Farseer to give me psychic defence and throw precience on my Ravager (and man a quad-gun with bs5), and spending rest of my points in my DE stuff. I've used Eldar before, but found I rarely made use of his 4 powers since most of the time he was sitting very far backfield, throwing prescience on a couple of units that were hanging back to remain in range.

This is a great use for a Farseer if you're taking a QG as well. True Eldrad is great but can waste some of his potential depending on the rest of the list.

Now if he's joining a Wraithstar unit then it's different and he's ridiculous! But then that's 600 points :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 13:49

I've been toying with the idea of taking a Farseer for some psycic support.
While i think Eldrad is a clear win on paper over the standard seer, not having a jetbike seems like a really big problem to me.
On foot he cannot ride in venoms/raiders and certainly cannot keep up with the rest of my army (Heavy on venoms, Jetbikes)

It's Eldrad realy that much better than a regular seer that its worth a squad in a wave serpent?

Also just so i'm clear on using powers from the BRB, does a farseer have to trade in ALL of there powers for rolls on the BRB tables, or can they mix and match?

Ohhh if only Eldrad could ride in a Venom, that would be nice and broken and suit me well ^.^

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
DarkCycu
Hellion
DarkCycu

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 13:54

I'll try Seer or Eldrad with a blob of 20 KW wth 2xDL :d With certain powers for divination OW with 40 shots+re-roll to hit+ full BS OW Very Happy Overkill. Just to keep objective :Dmaybe haemi would be good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 18:25

Skye26 wrote:
While i think Eldrad is a clear win on paper over the standard seer, not having a jetbike seems like a really big problem to me.
On foot he cannot ride in venoms/raiders and certainly cannot keep up with the rest of my army (Heavy on venoms, Jetbikes)

It's Eldrad realy that much better than a regular seer that its worth a squad in a wave serpent?

No but then I don't think he requires a Wave Serpent to stay useful. I mean are your Ravagers/Venoms with their 36" ranges really going to get that far out of range of his powers? I mean the transports that plan on dropping off guys will maybe but the others (Splinterborn venoms for example will just stay back and shoot)? You're also sitting him with something in the backfield (a squad of Pathfinders or a Warrior Blob maybe) or matching him up the field in a Death Star (Harlies or Wrathguard maybe) so those will always be in range.

Skye26 wrote:
Also just so i'm clear on using powers from the BRB, does a farseer have to trade in ALL of there powers for rolls on the BRB tables, or can they mix and match?

No mixing, it's all or nothing.
Back to top Go down
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 21:35

Quote :
I'll try Seer or Eldrad with a blob of 20 KW wth 2xDL :d With certain powers for divination OW with 40 shots+re-roll to hit+ full BS OW.

Haha would certainly be amusing

Quote :
I mean are your Ravagers/Venoms with their 36" ranges really going to get that far out of range of his powers?

I guess you right he could just march straight up and still provide a lot of support

Quote :
No mixing, it's all or nothing.

Naww shame lol, thanks for the info

Got a game this weekend so i'll have a look at how he fairs on foot ^.^

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
FenWulf
Hellion
FenWulf

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 09:16

I just tried Eldrad out. He was able to roll 4 great powers with ease but because of his lack of mobility I rarely cast more than 1 spell (I could have cast more but would have been useless) As most of the army is to fast & out of range by turn 2. I have yet to try a Seer on jetbike but I think Ill try it in the same list. I did however get excellent results with him in a unit of Dark Reapers manning a Quad Gun in an ADL.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 13:09

Running eldrad with codex powers and harlies is nuts... ELDAR harlies mind you, not DE ones.

With Fortune, Doom on the harlies and mindwar to take out specific targets in the unit you are charging... its all bad for the enemy... add a cheap archon or the baron for silliness!

Then again, this is old news and an old trick... still fun mind you!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
FenWulf
Hellion
FenWulf

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 07:55

I'm new to 6th. Can you have multiples of the same unit type within my allied detachment? For instance 2 hq, 4 troops etc.

Please use the edit button in future. Thanks Smile - Mush
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 08:45

FenWulf wrote:
I'm new to 6th. Can you have multiples of the same unit type within my allied detachment? For instance 2 hq, 4 troops etc.

The allied detachment consists of 1 HQ, 1-2 Troops and up to 1 each of the other slots.

FenWulf
Hellion
FenWulf

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 09:19

Count Adhemar wrote:

There is no edit feature when posting from my mobile device. (iPad) since this site uses a different interface.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 12:26

Just bought a Farseer myself, with the warlock guys. Probably planning to run him on foot (the guy is not on a jetbike), with the warlocks.
Any better suggestions, additions, etc?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 17:24

the problem with eldrad is you lose fleet, which is huge in an assault unit (aka... harliestar...) and you lose the option for the mobile jetbike... Overall though he is far better than a normal farseer

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 17:33

I dont know, my opinion is that Jetseer with warlocks bodyguards and some rangers squad to go to cover is the only thing thats needed. Prescience bot . Or even Jetseer with Reavers.

Quad gun dies so damn easy, whats the points of making static emplacement like this with our army.

Eldrad is cost-effective allright, but his cost is still very high.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 18:56

FenWulf wrote:
There is no edit feature when posting from my mobile device. (iPad) since this site uses a different interface.

Thank you

Make sure you are viewing the "full web site" version of the site and not the mobile version and you will be able to edit your posts just fine on the IPad, looks better too! Wink

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
FenWulf
Hellion
FenWulf

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 10:08

Mushkilla wrote:

Make sure you are viewing the "full web site" version of the site and not the mobile version and you will be able to edit your posts just fine on the IPad, looks better too! Wink

Wow your right, looks great! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 17:05

FenWulf wrote:
Wow your right, looks great! Thanks

No worries glad I could help (Not sure why the Ipad defaults to the mobile version of the site). Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farseer as an ally   Farseer as an ally - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farseer as an ally
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2