THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven of relinquished souls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Algol
Slave

Coven of relinquished souls Empty
PostSubject: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 23:45

hi guys, my kabal and wych cult are taken straight from existing fluff, being flayed skulls and red grief respectively.

however i have been brainstorming ideas for my coven and this is what i have come up with.

The Coven of relinquished souls

Master Haemonculi: Se'lek Souleater

Every dark eldar from the lowly vat born to the highest archon knows one true fear, that when they die she who thirsts will claim their souls. with this in mind the haemonculi have perfected the technique of regrowing a recently deceased warrior from something as small as a finger, into the being it used to be, effectivley granting them immortality and an escape from their greatest fear.

this comes at a price however, each dark eldar that wishes to have this insurance policy must first make a pact with a coven of haemonculi. The price varies from coven to coven however the coven of relinquished souls, as their title suggests are only interested in one form of currency.

taking a part of the applicants soul as payment for their services seems an excentricity, however it serves a much darker and practical purpose. These soul fragments are housed within the torture chambers and nurtured on exquisite death cries and agonies untold, until they are strong enough to form semi physical bodies.

thus are the covens assasins born, known to some as mandrakes, they are rightly feared as the ultimate killing tool, allowing the coven to manipulate events to their liking in complete anonymity.

Last edited by Algol on Tue Jun 14 2011, 00:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 23:55

Notes/Thoughts/Suggestions:
->Haemonculi rule Covens, not Archons.
->I don't think even half the Dark Eldar fear their souls being eaten by She Who Thirsts, they are too arrogant a race.
->Mandrakes are their own faction, not beholden to the social structure of the Dark City.
Back to top Go down
Algol
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 00:05

cheers xelkireth, meant haemonculus, but typoed.

i thought that was the whole reason behind them feeding on souls etc. to stay young and avoid Her clutches?

the mandrakes, i don't like as just sorta floating around and so wanted to ground them in one of three factions.

for me they don't work in a kabal or cult list and so, they are my soul remnants.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 11:04

That is the reason why the feed on souls, but they'd never admit it as such. If you force them to fit, have them be an ally to someone as opposed to a servant-type force. You shouldn't contradict the canon of the universe. Its bad form and tends to anger the fluff-nazis.

(Yes. I am a fluff-nazi.)
Back to top Go down
Algol
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 23:11

wasn't trying to contradict the canon but in the codex it states their origins are uncertain, with many rumours including eldar who bred with dark things etc.

so put my own origin rumour in there.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 04:41

It doesn't sound like a rumor, so much as stated as fact.

But that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Algol
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 20:41

thanks for the constructive critiscism Xel, i've taken it on board and am playing around with the idea of the coven using the soul fragments they are paid to keep the mandrakes on retainer as it were, to use in situations were either anonimity or a rapid outcome is desired.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 22:42

Yeah. You got to remember the mandrakes work for anyone who can pay their fees. Same thing with everyone else. Money talks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven of relinquished souls   Coven of relinquished souls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven of relinquished souls
Page 1 of 1