THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GodOfRandom
Slave
GodOfRandom

2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 07:32

Hello,

I started playing WH40K a week ago after playing WHFB for about a year.

Started with this list:

HQ

Archon 155
+Agoniser
+Webway portal
+Shadow Field
+Combat Drugs

Archon 150
+Power Weapon
+Soul Trap
+Shadow Field
+Webway Portal
+Combat Drugs

Elites

5 Incubi 175
+Venom
+Splinter Cannon

Troops

9 Kabalite Warriors 171
+Blaster
+Raider
+Splinter Racks
+Flickerfield
+Torment Grenade Launchers

9 Kabalite Warriors 171
+Blaster
+Raider
+Splinter Racks
+Flickerfield

10 Wyches 150
+Hydra Gauntlets
+Shardnet & Impaler
+Hekatrix
+Agoniser

10 Wyches 150
+Hydra Gauntlets
+Shardnet & Impaler
+Hekatrix
+Agoniser

Fast Attack

5 Scourges 140
+2 Blasters

5 Scourges 140
+2 Blasters

6 Reavers 172
+2 Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support

Cronos 100
+Spirit Vortex

Razorwing Jetfighter 155
+Splinter Cannon
+2 Necrotoxin Missiles

Razorwing Jetfighter 155
+Splinter Cannon
+2 Necrotoxin Missiles

Grand Total: 1999

What do you think?
Razorwings are deep striking, 2 Raiders and Venom are deploying as normal (may be Reavers too...).
Everything else is deployed from WWP.
Also some questions:

1. If i have Combat Drugs on Archon with Soul Trap and he kills MC or IC and I rolled +1 S on Combat drugs table, will i have Double Strength +1 (finally 7) or (Strength +1)*2 (finally 8 )? And do I need combat drugs on Archons at all?
  2. What do you think about Splinter Racks? Torment Grenade Launchers? Maybe I should get Night Shields or Enhanced Aethersails?
  3. Does this list have enough Anti-Tank weapons? Should i get more or swap some Dark Lances for Disintegrator Cannons?
  4. Can't find it in rulebook: can i use armor save, cover save and invulnerable save at once? If i can in which order should i use them - can I use Shadow Field save after all other saves?
Critique appreciated!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 16:20

GodOfRandom wrote:

HQ

Archon 155
+Agoniser
+Webway portal
+Shadow Field
+Combat Drugs

Archon 150
+Power Weapon
+Soul Trap
+Shadow Field
+Webway Portal
+Combat Drugs

Power weapon is bad as you are only str 3 a huskblade serves as a better combo to a soultrap as you only have to wound most things once. That said archon's are expensive WWP delivery systems and I can't help feeling you'd be better served using hamonculi for the job.

Elites

5 Incubi 175
+Venom
+Splinter Cannon

ok but in a wwp list you could lose the venom and bring them on through the portal

Troops

9 Kabalite Warriors 171
+Blaster
+Raider
+Splinter Racks
+Flickerfield
Splinter racks are ok but expensive and encourage you to go slow when your in assault range of your opponent (you could also lose a few kabalite here and not lose a lot of effect)

9 Kabalite Warriors 171
+Blaster
+Raider
+Splinter Racks
+Flickerfield
As above

10 Wyches 150
+Hydra Gauntlets
+Shardnet & Impaler
+Hekatrix
+Agoniser

Haywire grenades always always always

10 Wyches 150
+Hydra Gauntlets
+Shardnet & Impaler
+Hekatrix
+Agoniser
As above

Fast Attack

5 Scourges 140
+2 Blasters
I'd consider removing one squad of scourges for a beastmaster squad as they are evil when using a WWP (3 masters, 4 flocks and 5 Khymera for cheap or add another master and another 2 flocks for a liquidiser unit)

5 Scourges 140
+2 Blasters

6 Reavers 172
+2 Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support

Cronos 100
+Spirit Vortex
Probe take the probe - it's the only one of the 3 weapons you can use in cc and as such invaluble

Razorwing Jetfighter 155
+Splinter Cannon
+2 Necrotoxin Missiles

Razorwing Jetfighter 155
+Splinter Cannon
+2 Necrotoxin Missiles
If you need to save points you could drop a necrotoxin from each (or both YMMV)

Grand Total: 1999

What do you think?
Razorwings are deep striking, 2 Raiders and Venom are deploying as normal (may be Reavers too...).
Everything else is deployed from WWP.
Also some questions:

1. If i have Combat Drugs on Archon with Soul Trap and he kills MC or IC and I rolled +1 S on Combat drugs table, will i have Double Strength +1 (finally 7) or (Strength +1)*2 (finally 8 )? And do I need combat drugs on Archons at all?
  2. What do you think about Splinter Racks? Torment Grenade Launchers? Maybe I should get Night Shields or Enhanced Aethersails?
  3. Does this list have enough Anti-Tank weapons? Should i get more or swap some Dark Lances for Disintegrator Cannons?
  4. Can't find it in rulebook: can i use armor save, cover save and invulnerable save at once? If i can in which order should i use them - can I use Shadow Field save after all other saves?
Critique appreciated!
Thanks

My comments in red.

Don't deepstrike your razorwings they are just as effective flying on 12" from your board edge and firing everything.

General rule of thumb double first add modifiers after.
Combat drugs are nearly always worth it.
Your anti-tank is somewhat short ranged or in small numbers.
You only ever get one armour,cover or invunerable save and only use the best one available to you.
Back to top Go down
GodOfRandom
Slave
GodOfRandom

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 16:58

Thank you very much, good advice.Still, i really dont want to have Beastmasters in my army - they cost 9 pounds for 12 points only - too much for my budget =)
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 17:02

GodOfRandom wrote:
Thank you very much, good advice.Still, i really dont want to have Beastmasters in my army - they cost 9 pounds for 12 points only - too much for my budget =)

Make your own, thats what I did and examples of it can be found in the Aphotic Gallery.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 01:19

Its easy to make them from a box of hellions (which would also give you the max size btw), Beasts are still expensive but you can always convert from stuff you have or find on the cheep.
Back to top Go down
GodOfRandom
Slave
GodOfRandom

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 07:14

I am from Russia, so no internet auctions/ shops. I will keep scourges, some bonus antitank wont hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique   2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points Webway Portal List - Need some help and critique
Page 1 of 1