THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft

Go down 
+7
Archon Farath Mure
Lord_Alino
Niiai
Ehawther
Mngwa
Ciirian
Nusquam
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 01:02

I can't decide on a name. I spent time with the name generator and came up with some potential names. So I figured I would ask the residents of the Dark City for some input!

The Kabal is going to be all about what DE do best, high speed hit and run. Plenty of jetfighters, reavers and raiders.

Potential Names include: Kabal of the Sundering Serpents, Fallen Dawn, Sundering Orchids, Lashing Vipers etc...

heres an example of a WIP, http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5589-razorwing-wip

though i did strip the left wing already for this logo:

Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft Kaball10

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 14:09

The logo looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 14:42

Hm. Never thought up a logo for the Lost Honor. Well, just the little slashes of red and blue paint I mixed on a banner... looks cool though. From the name suggestions you have there, im going to say the Sundering Serpents.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 16:30

Yeah, I havent thought of a logo either. Your awesome one is making me need to brainstorm now.
Back to top Go down
Ehawther
Hellion
Ehawther

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 17:36

If I had to pick I would go with Lashing Vipers - I'm all about word associations and letting your name represent your style of play.

Lashing - represents the "quick and painful" nature of FA/Jetbike/Flyer you have described.
Vipers - Deadly. That's what I think of, and also the fact that you won't see a viper until they're upon you. Plus I think DE has a few poison attacks or something.

Your other names all suggest more of a slow pace to me, personally.
Back to top Go down
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 10:51

Thanks everyone

I see what you mean Ehawther. I still need to work out fluff too, so it could change. Hmn.

Hellion
Ehawther

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 15:53

The logo is awesome though and from the WIP shots of the Razorwing, you definitely have some big spaces to make it visable and the talent to make it look good. Great stuff! I look forward to more pics from you and how you're going to bring your colour scheme together.
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 17:32

Yellow Orchid

Yellow Lotus

Scaly Orchid

Yellow Serpent

Hidden Serpent

Silent Serpent

Sweet Venom

Synonyms for Serpent could be - scale, wyrm, adder, strike, lash,
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 19:12

Nice Logo, the one i made is in my profile pic. I must say, im surprised to see so many havent thought up logos.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 00:27

My Kabal just puts flames on their sails, cloaks, and flags. A single symbol is so passé, and reminds me too much of the Mon'keigh. I find overarching themes and motifs to be more interesting, at least for my DE.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 14:56

Kabal of the Vagrant Asp.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
shhbevewyquiet
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 15:08

I have to admit. i have created my logo, but the custom decals are proving my bane. I keep tearing them upon application. GRRRR! I love your theme!! I would love to see how you've taken this color scheme onto the models.

"I loathe the expression 'What makes him tick.' It is the American mind, looking for simple and singular solution, that uses the foolish expression. A person not only ticks, he also chimes and strikes the hour, falls and breaks and has to be put together again, and sometimes stops like an electric clock in a thunderstorm." James Thurber
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 18:10

nice logo
Back to top Go down
BMD
Hellion
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 00:25

I say Kabal of the Viper Lotus or Serpent Lotus.
Back to top Go down
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 09:04

Vagrant Asp and Serpent Lotus are nice. Hmn... I may go with, special shout-out to LadyMalys for this one, Ophidian Orchid.

Lord Alino, I'm surprised too. Also, nice logo.

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft   Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the... Well, at least I have a logo draft
Page 1 of 1