THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

NEW (First Draft FAQs!

Go down 
+43
Adma
Thor665
Tounguekutter
amorrowlyday
megatrons2nd
Rokuro
nerdelemental
The_Burning_Eye
The Red King
doriii
Rewind
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Barking Agatha
Klaivex Charondyr
Ultimatejet
Alvaneron
1++
BetrayTheWorld
Imateria
Kantalla
flakmonkey
mrmagoo
Creeping Darkness
Obscurio
Massaen
Painjunky
Count Adhemar
hydranixx
Calyptra
CptMetal
WhysoSully
The Shredder
Deathwasp11
Marrath
Jimsolo
Squidmaster
stilgar27
Azdrubael
CurstAlchemist
Skulnbonz
Taffy10
PriorofDeath
krayd
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

NEW (First Draft FAQs! Empty
PostSubject: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 18:32

Here they are:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1610528622601104&id=1575682476085719

There's a lot to digest here.
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 18:37

Look at the jink section folks. Embarked units on a vehicle that jinks has to snap shot in the following turn.

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 18:39

Yeah, they closed the jink loophole.

On the other hand, you can apparently jink vs. attacks that don't directly target the vehicle.

Also of interest is that lances completely cancel out quantum shielding.

and psychic shriek does not require a 'to hit' roll.
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:04

No more starting in battle brothers transport.... Get your own ride wraithguard and Fire dragons

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:19

Annnd this blows.

seriously.

Any valid tactics we had to be competitive (msu raider/venom spam, CWE hitching a ride, etc...) is borked.

Sadly, I should be used to this treatment by now...

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:22

I'm even more disheartened then usual about D.E. we aren't even good as a taxi service now. Do they not want to sell anymore D.E. models?

I was just coming back to playing after a break and I'm now feeling demotivated to do so. Maybe if I had some friends who played instead of relying on the random game at a store it might be different as we could do house rules but this pretty much killed my D.E. which is what I primarily have. I only just started to get some corsairs and have only a small number of Harlequins.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:28

Kabalites in Raiders never seemed more stupid. Think our troops has had enough, its a dead weight. 2 min sized squads to meet FOC requirments.

Last edited by Azdrubael on Wed May 04 2016, 19:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:29

Azdrubael wrote:
Kabalites in Raiders never seemed more stupid.

And I ran gunboats too... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:36

CurstAlchemist wrote:
I'm even more disheartened then usual about D.E. we aren't even good as a taxi service now. Do they not want to sell anymore D.E. models?

I don't think it's that as much as they just literally don't care about this faction due to it's relatively small player base.  I've said it before, but if they can't get their stuff together on chaos space marines (which from what I've seen have at least 5 times our player base), I don't see why they'd even bother with the dark kin.

In both cases - this has become what forgeworld is for, and unsurprisingly their only 2 complete factions (corsairs and renegades & heretics) are effective replacements for bad armies GW can't or don't care to fix.

That said I think this FAQ is just a perfect storm of rules that effect us negatively but aren't designed to.  They're thinking about scouts, wraithguard, maybe necrons when they nerf skimmers.  The dark eldar being reliant on them probably didn't enter in to it.

Same with jinking vs weapons that aren't targeting you - this was a reliable and controversial way to blow up ravenwing formations while ignoring their re-rollable jink.  I've personally wiped out entire bike squads with a lucky basilisk scatter, and if they weren't the "target" they did't get to jink (until now).

I doubt we even entered in to the equation.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:42

But hey! Our feel no pain rolls will keep the shadowfield alive!

thats something, right? For all the times we use archons... you know... never...

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:43

@stilgar27 I believe you hit the nail right on the head, the problem is our Codex was already weak and the fact is that these rules aren't really tailored to damage us but hurt us nonetheless as a by product of the terrible design used when creating our rules in the first place. It just illustrates that given the current rules, our Codex, can't be fixed without extensive rule creation to allow us to ignore certain rules or a complete redesign on our faction as a whole.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Wed May 04 2016, 19:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:43

GUYS!!!

FEEL NO PAIN
Does a wound negated by Feel No Pain count as saved or unsaved for the purposes of wargear that has an effect if a unit saffers an unsaved wound?
IT COUNTS AS SAVED!!!!!

IIIIITTTTT COUNTS AS SAAAAAVVVVVEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:50

Check out the rules on cover from intervening models... Getting cover just got SO much easier.
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:50

Squidmaster wrote:
GUYS!!!

FEEL NO PAIN
Does a wound negated by Feel No Pain count as saved or unsaved for the purposes of wargear that has an effect if a unit saffers an unsaved wound?
IT COUNTS AS SAVED!!!!!

Tbf T3 5/6+ FNP only goes so far with for the archon. It is a good ruling but I still don't think it'll affect my games terribly much.

Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 19:54

Flickerfield doesn't protect passengers from No Escape.
lol

PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:01

Under independent characters.

Say I have a unit of grotesques with an aberration and they charge a Chaos Lord and a challenge is issued and accepted, only the aberration can attack and the rest of the unit sits there with their thumbs up their butt?

Also only one grenade may be used during assault. Sad

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:08

What's funny is we asked for FAQ's..
We ASKED for this!

Perhaps this is GW's way of saying "Ok, here, see if you ask us for any more ever again!"

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:09

There is no faction specific FAQ yet. It will hurt much more...

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:11

Look at this crap

If you disembark the troops from a jinked vehicle do they still fire snap shots?
Yes cause they are treated as having jinked the prior turn.

Thats utter garbage. Hope it wont make into final version.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:40

PriorofDeath wrote:

Say I have a unit of grotesques with an aberration and they charge a Chaos Lord and a challenge is issued and accepted, only the aberration can attack and the rest of the unit sits there with their thumbs up their butt?

Where do you get that from? This says otherwise.

Q: If a unit charges a single-character unit and a challenge is issued, do the non-character units still get to attack the single character?
A: Yes.

Yeah, the one grenade thing sucks, but seeing as how we no longer have any units that can carry more than haywire grenade, it's not that big of a deal. It also means that marines can't run up and plant 10 krak grenades on our raiders either.
Back to top Go down
Deathwasp11
Hellion
Deathwasp11

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:46

I keep seeing people say not having to fire snapshots with a unit if it's transport jinks was a loophole. Well I don't thank that is the case.
1 the jink rule page 167 of the rule book, the last sentence clearly says only models with the jink rule.
2. Crew stuned damage result only makes the passengers fire snap shots if a LD test is faild.
3 . there are clearly things thay are changing in the rules with this FAQ.
So no it wasn't a loophole it was the way the rule worked, and now it is changed.
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:55

krayd wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:

Where do you get that from? This says otherwise.

Q: If a unit charges a single-character unit and a challenge is issued, do the non-character units still get to attack the single character?
A: Yes.

Looks like a mis-type between the image and the text. I see that my first view of it was inaccurate.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 20:59

I haven't played 40k for about 3 months now. My friends and I have been trying out 5th edition D&D instead.

Having glanced at these faqs, I can safely say that this state of affairs is unlikely to change any time soon.

incidentally, I really love it when faqs blatantly break their own rules:

Rulebook - "If the unit Jinks, all models in the unit with this special rule gain a 4+ cover save until the start of their next Movement phase, but they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn."

Squidmaster wrote:
GUYS!!!

FEEL NO PAIN
IT COUNTS AS SAVED!!!!!

Bet you 10 quid Shadowfield gets a special exception to that.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:02

Well, I just got through having a look at all of it, leaving the odd annoying question to get some clarification (and appear to have found a small argument on the Fortification/Webway Portal/Deep Strike thing - I still say the logic is sound, but clarification would be nice even if its a straight no).

Some interesting stuff there, for example the ability to drop a bomb on a unit in combat. THAT was fun reading.
Not being forced to Infiltrate if you have the rule is also nice.
And also Warlord's with traits that play with Reserve rolls can still use them if the Warlord is themselves in Reserves!

Some good, some bad (No Escape, grumble) but overall I think the stupidest was:

Quote :
Q: What are the official rules regarding specific base sizes for specific models (if any)?

A: The rules assume that models are mounted on the base they are supplied with, but it’s entirely fine to mount them on whichever base you think is appropriate. Sometimes, a player may have models in their collection on unusually modelled bases. Some models aren’t supplied with a base at all. In these cases you should always feel free to mount the model on a base of appropriate size if you wish, using models of a similar type as guidance.

So. I haven't decided yet whether to drastically reduce the base sizes I use to make hitting them harder, or make them much larger to give the enemy nowhere to move.
Still, looks like my reavers are going back onto the SMALL flying bases, seeing as they're the old style Reavers and those were the bases I was supplied with.....

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:03

The Shredder wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:
GUYS!!!

FEEL NO PAIN
IT COUNTS AS SAVED!!!!!

Bet you 10 quid Shadowfield gets a special exception to that.

You're on.

Though I will renegade on that if I turn out to be wrong. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW (First Draft FAQs!
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next