THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?

Go down 
+59
Farmer
Enfernux
Crisis_Vyper
Forruner_mercy
Eldur
Archeonlotet
Namica
Mathial
Gobsmakked
Todo13
Phototoxin
Aroshamash
thelordhellion
Mr Believer
Arrex
Painbiro
Evil Space Elves
Captain Mayhem
Aniasis
lululu_42
ainuin
Raucir Lustingclaw
Thor665
Painjunky
HarveyScourgeman
Ebonhart
Massaen
Red Right Hand
Anggul
tlronin
Xelkireth
SinisterPlank
wildboar
Archon Levitas
ThePhish
Arhra
cox61171
Tiri Rana
Darklight
Nomic
Mirtos
kenny3760
vharing
horrid
Rangrok1k
Archon Farath Mure
a1elbow
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
WeeDawgNYC
Sorrowshard
GrenAcid
theblackjackal
Grumpy Kwi
Local_Ork
Raneth
Hashmal
Fletch
Radium
Foo
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which is your favourite Dark Eldar Elite?
Incubi
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba1345%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 45% [ 62 ]
Grotesques
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba137%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 7% [ 9 ]
Wracks
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba135%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 5% [ 7 ]
Mandrakes
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba135%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 5% [ 7 ]
Harlequins
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba136%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 6% [ 8 ]
Trueborn
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba1327%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Voteba15
 27% [ 37 ]
Bloodbrides
 5% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 138

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ainuin
Slave

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 13:36

Trueborn.

As unit they are awesome (blasterborn). Also fluff is nice.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:57

Grotesques because having 3 pain tokens starting and having them in your opponents face is really amusing. also there really pissed off like all the time.
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 16:30

I have to go with Trueborn, For their Points cost and Weapon options. Very versatile and can fill a lot of roles.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 02:01

I'm torn between trueborn and incubi. Trueborn, because they have just MASSACRED so many nids, and turned two trygons and a mawloc to goo. The incubi, mainly because they scare my opponents after seeing how fast I can get them into a fight.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 02:54

Wracks baby! OK, they really should be in the favorite troop selection since I never leave home without a haemonculus. T4 with 2Xpoison weapons? YES PLEASE! I really liked the models after I painted a unit(the static poses grew on me) and really liked the response of an IG player friend of mine the first game that I used them: "What's with the freaky guys in the dresses?" Evil. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 07:01

Incubi, all the way. Five of them plus two cc hq's in a raider launching a 3-way assault? Yes please!
Back to top Go down
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 20:49

I'm still amused by the idea of a unit being "too powerful" in HTH. That's an oxymoron. My experience is, if you're applying the proper sort of alpha strike pressure, you'll have Wyches charging one squad, Incubi hammering another, and your Ravagers/Razorwings, etc blasting away the whole time. So if that Incubus squad steam rolls an enemy unit, then sure, it might oblige the enemy to mow them down, but doing so will require lots of dedicated fire. (9+ models with 3+ armor and FNP actually require a good chunk of firepower to kill) IMO, if you're launching a lone Incubus Squad into a target while the rest of your army hangs back, you deserve to lose the whole squad.

If Incubi standing around a pile of dead bodies does happen, you ALWAYS want the enemy to be forced to choose between shooting them, and ignoring something equally nasty nearby.

The biggest issue with the Incubi is actually lack of grenades. The only fix is to use a PGL on an an Archon, but putting an Archon with Incubi is totally superfluous, especially when other units like Wyches benefit more from his presence. I normally elect to give them a Haemonculus, and avoid assaulting into cover anytime I can. If I absolutely must, the liquifer/shattershard and FNP from Mr Cenobite will equalize the odds somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12 2011, 00:34

Arrex wrote:
If Incubi standing around a pile of dead bodies does happen, you ALWAYS want the enemy to be forced to choose between shooting them, and ignoring something equally nasty nearby.

So far, this hasn't happened to my Incubi, possibly because I've either charged them into large squads they'll be tied up with for a while, or because they've been killed before they get there, or because I do stupid things like charging Demon Princes with them Rolling Eyes However, it HAS happened with my Wyches almost every time. They murder everything they come across then stand around blinking and dazed wondering why the ground's gone red. In fact they were the ones who DID kill the Demon Prince, and have previously wiped out a ten strong squad of Noise Marines for no losses, and their Raider has twice taken out a Defiler, all over the course of two battles. My Chaos friend hates those ladies.

Favourite elites though? Incubi for the fluff. Grotesques for the converting fun and the mess they can make!
Back to top Go down
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12 2011, 04:27

'Zactly. Make 'em decide if shooting something with FNP is worth letting the rest of your raiders go unscathed.
Back to top Go down
thelordhellion
Hellion
thelordhellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 06:51

trueborn are very versatile and cheap as a elite choice. blastborn to take out vehicles. they can all get loads of shots against infantry. Good deal. bad thing, sucky armour.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 11:12

Just because I'm an elitist Kabalite snob, I've gotta go Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 12:56

Incubi or Bloodbrides as they both hone their art of melee killing to precision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 01:03

I'm upset that more people haven't chosen bloodbrides Sad, trueborn should be winning though…
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 03:39

Bloodbrides are my favourite. Not as flexible as Trueborn, perhaps, but nasty!
Back to top Go down
Mathial
Slave
Mathial

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 03:44

I voted Mandrakes. I have a love for things of darkness, and I love the decision to go from alley cannibals to being something of nightmares. The inclusion of the ability to fire the energies of their fresh kills and utilize it as a chilling blast, which I mentally envision as an ethereal blast erupting from their arms, the glowing sigils etched into their flesh glowing menacingly in the darkness. For clothing they wear the flesh of those who have slighted them, at which when I told my friend what the "cloth" was he flat out told me "Your guys are evil". The change to have long hair too was a big plus to me as I've always preferred longer hair, and the models without mouths is something I've found interest in too. The featureless faces looking at you giving that feeling that irks your stomach.

I will say I was upset when my finecast set showed up and was missing two of their arms... so I decided that they should not go armless so I made use of some hydra gauntlets [Oddly looks really nice on them to be honest]. Tactically they are still near worthless which saddens me. I own a squad of 10 that I plan on sneaking in when I see any chance of them being viable...
Back to top Go down
Namica
Slave
Namica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 14:21

I simply -love- the look of the Incubi. A person going by "Green Marine" once did up a requested female Incubi, I'll see if I can find where I put the damned picture and post it!

Their lore is awesome, their models are awesome. They're just generally a nice unit all around to me!
Back to top Go down
Archon Levitas
Slave
Archon Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 11:19

I had some of the most 40K related fun in ages converting and painting my Trueborn.

Easy choice.
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 05:40

I cast a vote for the wracks. I have a thing for genetically engineered monstrosities. I would have voted grotesques, but I have yet to field any since I cannot find a model (or a conversion project) that I like.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 15:20

Incubi are well respected at the Dark City. Stilish classic armour, enormous blades, bringing easy pain to those nut-shelled marines.
And Archons here and there saying... Oh they're too killy you know, won't fit in my list... they just don't have the balls or the bucks to pay them and have them in their armies but just won't say it.

I always get 2 of 5 in a Venom. And yes, only 1 of 4 blasterborn, who cares. They're there to finish combats. Because witches combats always delay the slaughter. Like girls goin' shoppin...

The only thing I'd pay instead of my second unit of Incubi is an Archon (he's waiting untill 6th ed to get suited), or a unit of grotesques. More slaughter please. Of course, I'd let the heamonculus leave them and wait to see them go crazy on a 1/6. Just for fun, and pain.
Back to top Go down
Forruner_mercy
Slave
Forruner_mercy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 02:05

Wyches are my favorite Troop unit, so Bloodbrides would be the logical choice.
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 08:43

Function-wise I love the Trueborns . Model-wise, I love the Incubi. Fluff-wise I love the Mandrakes.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 20:14

It is definitely the Incubi/Trueborn show in this poll. They're eating the competition.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 20:28

We should revisit this poll in light of 6th edition changes. Are Incubi and Trueborn still top dogs?
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 20:35

Probably yes. Mandrakes are still...Mandrakes, Bloodbrides got nerfed due to overwatch and agonizer nerf, Wracks are still good as troops but underwhelming as elites. Harlequins (if you use the Eldar version with +3 cover save) are better now, tho, and might beat the Incubi since they can still kill Terminators with rending.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 21:06

incubi...because i love them
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next