THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?

Go down 
+5
Shadows Revenge
xzandrate
Mushkilla
Lay_Ayanesha
Niiai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Niiai
Hellion

Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? Empty
PostSubject: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 13:32

What do you think is the better flyer? The dark eldar razorwing mostly for anti infantery but with 2 lances in case of other flyers or the eldar corsair nightwing (is that the right name) who has shroud 3+ jinx save, the same 2 lances and 2 shuricen cannons all aroun weaponds. What do you think?

I have kept the phoenix "kill all infantery" and the ravenwing "small purpose unit" out of it bus please include them is you think they are rellewant.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 14:10

I think the NW has just a 4+ cover save (shrouded + agile).
Our Razorwing is designed for ground attack (poison weapon and just rockets with templates). It's a multipurpose vehicle against infantry and ground vehicle. It can fight against other flyers, but it can only use the lances.

The Nightwing is designed for killing enemy flyers. It has vector dancer (it can make two 90° moves a turn), a 4+ cover save, six shoots with S6 and two shoots with S8 AP2. And being a FA choice you could bring three and use all HS slots for long range firepower. The downside of the NW - it has just two Hullpoints!

I would say that the NW is better, because it is designed for one special role on the battlefield and it is a fast attack choice. The RW is nice, but it doesn't shine in one special role and has strong competitors in the codex (you want to kill infantry on long range - take warriors and venoms! Anti Vehicle - take Ravagers).
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 14:36

Lay_Ayanesha wrote:
I think the NW has just a 4+ cover save (shrouded + agile).

2+ when it evades though, which is nice. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 14:51

It would only get agile when it evades. So it has a 5+ cover save from shrouded, and then a 2+ when it evades. (5+ evade, +2 for shrouded, +1 for agile)

As far as the better flyer, the Nightwing has so many things going for it for such a small points cost. It is probably one of the best anti-flyer flyers out there, but can quickly switch and work on ground targets equally well. Our razorwing is too split on it's duty, lances but template missles mean you almost have to switch to dissies to make a better ground force. Then splinter weapons that probably won't get to fire at all. I'd love to see an air-to-air missle added to our options for the planes, I think that would push our voidraven right up the ranks of the dog fight flyers.
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 15:04

So if I am taking corsair allies it would be better to take a corsair nightwing as anti-air then a bastion perhaps? Also, the razorwing would perhaps be redundant? I like my razorwing but perhaps I should grab some allies?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 15:23

also as it has titan holo fields, the nightwing has a 5++ save, a 5+ coversave, and then when it dodges its a 2+ coversave 5+ from dodge, +2 for shrouding, +1 for agile) It is a work of art imho...

And yes, the Nightwing is one of our best AA we have access to. It is made to shoot down planes like no tomorrow. I always try to fit one into my lists.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 15:38

Shadows Revenge wrote:
also as it has titan holo fields, the nightwing has a 5++ save, a 5+ coversave, and then when it dodges its a 2+ coversave 5+ from dodge, +2 for shrouding, +1 for agile) It is a work of art imho...

And yes, the Nightwing is one of our best AA we have access to. It is made to shoot down planes like no tomorrow. I always try to fit one into my lists.
This^ Exactly Twisted Evil
Add in the fact that it has Vector Dancer and you have a VASTLY superior flyer.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 18:38

I find it all very well that the Nightwing is so survivable but surely that makes it offensively neutered?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 18:39

It would be hilarious to see someone with 3 nightwings and 3 voidravens/razorwings in a game affraid

Sky Serpent wrote:
I find it all very well that the Nightwing is so survivable but surely that makes it offensively neutered?

Yeah,
I watch a pro eldar play all the time. Players always fire at the flyer, and he is always evading everything because it is armour 10. Because of the evading he can only snap shot. The good thing is that it can be a wonderful distraction. If something ignores cover looks like it will hit it next round he fortunes it.

Double posting is against the forum rules, please use the edit button in future. Thanks Smile - Mush
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 19:36

Shadows Revenge wrote:

I think the titan holofield was removed, and it was just changed to shrouded. Aeronautica book is at home, but that was definitely the initial change with the FW update docs.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 19:38

Shadows Revenge wrote:

Nightwing lost the Eldar Titan holofield in the Aeronautica book. It was replaced by Shrouded. They also changed the Eldar Titan holofield to only grant shrouded, but there was a big uproar as it would make Eldar Titans really vulnerable to strenght D weapons (which don't allow cover saves). With the Tanks atleast the advantage of getting 3+ or even 2+ cover save really easily would help to outweigh the downsides, but Titans don't have jink and are hard to hide behind cover. So I think they FAQd it to also give Titans a 5++ save.

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 20:28

It shows in the vehicle update also.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/v/vehicle6thupdates.pdf

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 15:21

As per the FAQ titan holofields give it a 5++ and shrouding. Now if the nightwing lost that field, idk (I guess itll be in the airinautica book)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?   Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better flyer? Dark eldar or corsair?
Page 1 of 1