THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 20:49

I have recently built a Dark Eldar super heavy vehicle but am having trouble coming up with the rules and background for it.
The vehicle itself is about 6 times the size of a Baneblade and is about a metre and a half long, 3/4 of a metre wide and 3 inches tall. The shape is very slightly reminiscent of a razorwing but the resemblance is vague at its closest.

For the rules i was thinking somthing along the lines of this:

AV 13 12 13
Super heavy flyer.
5 structure points
2000 pts
Special rules.
Psyker (makes sense if you read the background), living metal and Eldrich lightning
Wargear
14 disintigrator cannons, soul vortex, void sheild, 2 void lances and 1 turret mounted storm vortex projecter with co-axial void lance.

Void sheild: this is an upgraded flickerfeild that instead of an optical illusion the ship actually flickers in and out the different dimensions, providing a 3++ invunerable save.

Soul Vortex: this is an ancient, incredebly powerful of the Nightsheild and reduces the range of enemeis guns shooting at it by 18 inches, also any gun shooting it with a range of less than 12 or a strenth of 6 or less is unable to shoot it.

Eldrich Lightning: If the vehicle is destroyed a wave of pain is unleashed powerful enough to tear apart and destroy all but the most evil minds. If the vehicle is destroyed every unit (even fearless ones) without power from pain (friend or foe) must pass a leadership test using the lowest value in the unit with a - 2 modifier or half the unit assaults the rest of the unit and must be locked in combat until all but one of the models is killed also all units with power from pain become fearless for the rest of the game.

Options
The model can swap 6 of the disintigrator cannons for an extra piont of side armour... Free
The model may take the psykich power soul sucker which once per game he may use instead of shooting. (target one enemy unit within 30 inches, the power inflicts 3D6 + 1 strenth 5 hits with no armour saves allowed. ... 50 pts

Background
The vehicle is an anceint relic from before the fall when the eldar were at the height of their power an is a testament to what they are capable of. The ship is actually unknown to all but the dark eldar and their craftworld kin for a very simple reason, no non-eldar has ever laid eyes upon it and lived to tell the tail. The ship was once a standard eldar escape pod but was discovered by Archon V'rach of the bleeding soul adrift in space many millenia ago but since then V'rach has filled the core with the hate, anguish and souls of uncountable numbers until the ship was for all intensive purposes, alive. This process had an unexpected side effect, the ship developed a powerful psykik ability and once out of the webway V'rach lets his vile abomination wreak havok on his enemies. (this is a simple base for the background if anyone has an idea please post it). I also cant think of a name for my ship so suggestions would be helpful. sorry for spelling mistakes and criticism is welcome so please post suggestions.

V'rach

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 21:15

Well... As I have no IA books at hand it is somewhat hard for me to compare it to anything, but it sounds nice overall. I cannot deny I really want to see it.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 21:29

Thanks. I will post a picture of it at some point but at the moment its just a shell really, i'm just completing filling in some really massive gaps in the wings and im waiting to see what people think of the weapons loadout before I start buying disintegrator cannons but when its presentable I will try to figure out how to do it. Im glad thet you think it isnt horribly overpowered as I didnt even have anything to compare it to as I dont even own an IA book.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 08:02

Looking forward to some WIP pics!

How about this then:
This could be the kind of vehicle the DE uses to move around (and extinguish) suns, which they are known to do. Special weapon could be a sort of Energy Syphon cannon (Think a long range EMP raygun), which after each successful attack gets a Discharge Attack that uleashes this stored energy in a devastating attack.

Myabe something like this:

Darksun Destroyer Cannon (weak name, I know, but wth)
2 modes:
Energy Syphon Attack
- Long Range
- Only works on vehicles/dreadnaughts/necron units (all units who are powered in some way)
- If an attack hits, the target is automatically Disabled, but no damage beyond that
- After such an attack, the vehicle gets a Charge counter (sorta like Power from Pain), and may use up one of these to make a...
Discharge Attack
- Medium Range
- Mega-Heavy Damage
- Large blast area
- pinning etc
- Scatter

I dunno, these rules probably are too difficult and not very useful, I just thought about what that kind of weapon could be used for and how Razz
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 09:10

It sounds the size of tau manta, which has 10 structure points. I would suggest at least 8, points cost is high enough to cover 8 structure. Manta has 10, large transport cap., and more guns, but worse defenses.

Why is it f13 s12 r13? The rear armour of eldar titans is only 11, and on manta as well, so why not f13,s12,r11? Is there a reason based on model?

The flyers that size have the 'aa targeting' rule, this makes them hit normally by non aa weapons instead of on a 6.

The void shield should be renamed to avoid confusion with imperial gear of same name, eldar have 'enhanced titan holo-field" with identical effect(if moving, but flyers have to anyway).

The soul vortex rules about weapons of less then 12" range and less then str 6 are not needed. The flyer rule already adds 12" to range measured, so with the 18" range reduction weapons would need more then 30" range to hit it. Str 6 can only glance the side armour anyway, and most are short ranged, so I don't see this rule being needed. The soul vortex name sounds more like a giant weapon.

Eltrich lightning is a eldar psychic power, wave of pain from the description would make a good name for rule. The rule sounds like it would be hard to use in a crowded table, Maybe something like
Wave of Pain: every unit within 12+2d6" of hull without power from pain must pass a ld test at majority ld, or take 1 wound with no armour save(invunerable saves may be taken) for each point failed by. Units with power from pain take no damage, but gain a pain token if test is past.

The psyker rule on vehicles can cause some oddities, could be removed and make the psychic abilities work like arcane wargear. Would still fit the background, cool concept, by the way. The soul sucker shouldn't prevent the other weapons firing on a super-heavy.

Really want to see what model looks like, even if just rough shape.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 00:37

Having just played an Apoc game versus a titan using DE, I'm interested in something like this. The DE need a big badass vehicle to get on terms with the titans and super heavies, and a flayer is definitely the fluffy option!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 18:25

Sorry about my lack of replys to your questions, I couldnt find the topic (yes i know terrible excuse but its actually true). In aswer to Abjectus' query about the structure points and armour yes there is a reason based on the model but i do aggree with you rules wise that F13 S12 R11 would makee more sense so i shall chane that. As for the struture points there is no reason whatsoever why it should be three so i shall change it to 8, it was simply because my knowlage is VERY limited. As for the soul vortex, pshyer, wave of pain i shall and AA targeting i shall change that aswell. Now for ophellate, i really like the sun extingisher cannon as apposed to the storm vortex's and shall come up with an altered version of your rules and post them at some point.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.   Dark Eldar super heavy flyer. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar super heavy flyer.
Page 1 of 1