THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 pt escalation style campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

750 pt escalation style campaign Empty
PostSubject: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 06:44

So i am getting ready to play in a campaign with my local gaming group that will be in a 750, 1000, 1250, 1500 format with a final 2000 pt apocalypse free for all.

for the 750 point start I have came up with this as a possible list;

HQ- Heamonculus w/ liquifier gun and venom blade

Troop- 5x Kabalite Warriors w/ blaster
Venom w/ extra splinter cannon

5x Kabalite Warriors w/blaster

4x Wracks

Fast Attack- 5x Hellions

Heavy Support-Ravager w/nightshields and flickerfield

Ravager w/ nightshields and flickerfield

How does this look? I need it to be functional against a variety of armies as I'm not sure what I'll be facing.
Any critiques or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to look guys!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 08:35

Hellions dont look ok.

I'd just take a 3rd Ravager and make one or two of them Dissie Ravagers. And forego flickerfield.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 14:07

you can also drop the wracks down to 3... if you want to use those 10 points elsewhere

other than that +1 to Az

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 05:32

Thank you Az and Shadows for your input, I really appreciate it!

OK, game was played, and it went well.

I was a bit curious as to how hellions play( never used them ) so i ran with the 5 man squad...
over all not too horrible, although i can see where they could be a liability.

I have another game in the league tomarrow and i will take your advice to adding a third ravager.

I ran the two i had as 1 Dissie/2 Dark Lances, and it seemed to run very well. I know triple Lances is usually the loadout most used, but i was trying new things.

So how would i look to expand this to 1000 points?
I have a pretty sizable spread of models and could add about anything, just not sure what exactly.
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 06:21

Add another Wrack to that squad and give them a Liquifier. With the Haemie in a Dissie Raider.

Use the now empty Venom to carry three Blasterborn, and add a second similar unit and another Venom.

Not convinced about the Hellions, I would switch to Reavers myself but there's not enough points. You could use their points to make 2 x 4 Blasterborn instead, and keep the Nightshields and Flickerfields?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 02:04

also worth noting that when i do get to expand to 1000 points, i can if i so choose take a fourth heavy slot ( from a building type on the campaign map that have happened to aquire) so would a 4th ravager be a bit too much?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:32

4 Ravagers would be incredible! Do it!
Back to top Go down
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 19:33

Whats the general consensus on Razorwings? Are they good, bad, pieces of plastic trash?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 19:52

Mediocre. Usable, but overcosted ( compared with cheesy flyers ). Ialready have 2, so I dont care, I take them.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt escalation style campaign   750 pt escalation style campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 pt escalation style campaign
Page 1 of 1