THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Escalation Campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Greatuin
Slave
Greatuin

Escalation Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Escalation Campaign   Escalation Campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 03:07

Hello, I've been looking at this site for a while now, finally registered.
I've only played a few 1vs1 games. Mostly the group I play with play 2vs2 1500-1750 point games. well we've got an interesting campaign starting next month to get people to start painting their models (I'm terrible for not painting).
The basic rules  
Rules:

Now the main armies I play against are Space marines, Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Nids, and Necrons. I think there are a few new people going to play. Likely Grey Knights.

I know that's a lot to read over. Basically looking on idea's for the 250/500 point lists. I figure an Archon would be best since I won't be allowed to change HQ's later. I don't expect to win. I just don't wish to be last. lol. Thanks ahead of time for any advice you can give.
Back to top Go down
seggygetshyphy
Slave
seggygetshyphy

PostSubject: Re: Escalation Campaign   Escalation Campaign I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 05:16

A good idea when playing low point games with Dark Eldar is making them as survivable as possible. Consider making your 1 HQ a Haemonculus. This gives you the ability to take up to 3 of them when most of the people you will be playing against will invest most of their points in 1 badass. Haemonculi make Wracks troops choices which is awesome, and they have all the fancy wargear, and they have altered physique which gives whatever unit you attach them to a pain token (share the pain). Feel No Pain can be a life saver when most of your army goes into battle wearing bondage gear instead of armor. Just a thought.

As far as troops go, they all have their perks. Pick your poison.

My list for 250 would look something like this:

Haemonculus w/Liquifier gun and Venom blade

8 Kabalite w/a blaster

3 wracks in Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons

Good luck in your league.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Escalation Campaign   Escalation Campaign I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 08:43

I would think about reverse engineering this to work out where you ccould start from. You know 1750 is the final army so write your list up to 1750, and break it down to each phase. That way you have a bit of a plan in place. Phase One could be a Succubus with Wyches in a Raider for instance, Phase Two could be Warriors in a Venom and a Ravager, etc

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Escalation Campaign   Escalation Campaign I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21 2014, 02:00

Are they following rules still in the book as far as HQ slots and such go? For instance, are you allowed to take 3 Haemonculi since the book says you can do so while only using 1 HQ slot? And if so, does this mean that things like honor guard and seer councils can be taken as well, in the sections that only allow you to have an HQ and troops?

Basically, there are several armies that have units that don't utilize an army slot. I'd like to know if you're allowed to use them.

Without more information, I can tell you I'd probably take Baron Sathonyx and 16 Hellions as my scouting party for 249 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escalation Campaign   Escalation Campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escalation Campaign
Page 1 of 1