THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Semi Competitive/ all around list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

Semi Competitive/ all around list Empty
PostSubject: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 03:00

Hi all! This is my 2nd attempt at making an army list. If you can help me, that'd be greatly appreciated. If you can copy paste, and modify the list to a better extent, please do so, that is preferred. I need to make it under 750 points, but its obviously over. I plan on expanding the army as i go, but now i just need it to be 750.

Duke Sliscus
Kabalites x9
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Splinter Racks
Night Shields

Wyches 9x
Razorflails 2x
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
venom blade

Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalites 5x
blaster

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Kabalites 5x
blaster

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Reavers 6x
Cluster Caltrops 2x

Ravager
Dark Lance 3x
Night Shields

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 12:06

At 750, the duke will give limited options. Personally, he is the first thing i would drop - either for a cheap archon (shadowfield, HWG, VB), succubus (HWG, VB) or a haemy (liquifier or SS).

Next on the block for me would be the reavers... while they are very good, they cost alot and need support better found in larger games

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 23:22

What about this?

Duke Sliscus
Kabalites x9
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Splinter Racks
Night Shields

Wyches 5x
HWG 5x
Razorflail

Venom
2nd SC
Night shields

Wyches 5x
HWG 5x
Razorflail

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Ravager
Dark Lance 3x
Night Shields

I'm not sure if i can actually take a SC with the Duke's gunboat, but i think i can as "For every 10 models in the unit, you may take...... SC" So if duke was starting in the unit, then it counts right?

Also, is the wych setup good? I don't know what weapons to take with them....

OR i could take this setup:

Duke Sliscus

Wyches x9
razorflails 2x
HWG x10
Hekatrix
Venom Blade

Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalites 5x
blaster

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Kabalites 5x
blaster

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Ravager
Dark Lance 3x
Night Shields

Which option should i take? On the 2nd one, i pump out less Splinter shots in the end, but i've more AT options in the blasters. The 1st one, I've ALOT more splinters, but not as much AT.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 23:51

No, the duke does not count when working out models to get the heavy weapon as he only becomes part if the unit at deployment where as the splinter cannon limit is applied at list building.

Where does the duke go in the second list?

oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 01:04

Hmmm... another venom is WAY too many points for this, any ideas, but just tell me what you think of them

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 02:03

I still think the duke is way to expensive for this pints level... He is 20% of the points!

oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 03:16

Archon
blaster

Blasterborn 4x
Splinter Cannons 2x
Blasters 2x

Venom
2nd SC
Night Shields

Kabalites x10
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Night shields
Splinter racks

Wyches x10
Razorflails x2

Raider
Dark Lance

Ravager
Dark Lance 3x
Night Shields

How bout that?
Should i swap the kabalite squad with raider for 2x 5 venom squads with blasters each?
That'd pump out alot more firepower.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 02:22

hmm, even at this point level i feel weird about having a split squad of trueborn. You want to have them either be all out tank or all out AI. I would say dont bother on he night shields for that venom either since you will have to get into range, although if you go all Splinter cannons in the trueborn squad it may be worth it!

Also I personally would take out the raider in favor of the 5 man warrior squad in a venom. If you could squeeze in another ravager somehow then I think you would have a nicely balanced AI and AT machine.

not sure where the archon would go though.... maybe equip him w/basic stuff and boost the wyches? or succubus.

something like this would be effective and keeps the spirit of units in your list:

HQ- succubus w/venom blade and haywire - 75pts (rolls w/ wyches)
T- 5x warriors w/blaster in VENOM w/2x splinter cannons - 125pts
T- 9x Wyches w/razorflail (highly recommend a shardnet tho) in RAIDER w/lance - 160pts
E- 3x T-born w/2x splinter cannons in VENOM w/2x splinter cannons w/night shields- 131pts
H- Ravager - 105pts
H- Ravager - 105pts

(6x splinter cannons! thats 72 poison shots at 36" range, scarey for anyone on the ground, also 7x dark lance, 6 of which are 36", also a decent CC unit that can be multiuse)

that comes out to 721 points! now you can use those extra to give your wyches all haywire grenades, making them BEASTLY at killing tanks/armor (18pts). OR you can give nightshields to each ravager! (20 pts)

were long be-nightmared."
-Keats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi Competitive/ all around list   Semi Competitive/ all around list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi Competitive/ all around list
Page 1 of 1