THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway Portal

Go down 
+4
Axel115
Count Adhemar
Mngwa
sgb69
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 11:01

So, Phoenix Lord Karandras gives his whole unit Infiltrate thanks to his Shadowstrike rule. It specifies no Autarchs, but apparently farseers and other ICs are good to go.

He also grants Stealth and Fearless to the squad and is effectively Drahzar with 6 attacks and a Power Fist.

...so yeah. Putting your portal carrying unit down after the opponent has deployed sounds pretty sweet to me.

Wych
Mngwa

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 13:48

That strategy would certainly be great for DE. Possibility of reserves coming anywhere (almost anywhere) would allow Talos engines to cause a lot more damage. I just wonder how close it would be wise to infiltrate then? The squad should be in cover, otherwise they would get torn to pieces quickly. Well, to a talos or cronos that doesnt really matter.

Overall, sounds good. I like Karandras too, been wondering should I settle for farseer or maybe take one of the phoenixes too Smile

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 14:42

I'm not so sure that this works. The Shadowstrike ability says:

Quote :
A squad including a model with Shadowstrike has the Infiltrate special rule

The rulebook then tells us:

Quote :
An Independent Character without the Infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of tnfiltrators during deployment

I'm not sure that there is any actual conflict there. Shadowstrike still applies to the unit but an IC without Inflltrate cannot join said unit. Neither rule has been broken so, IMO, no conflict and both rules still work. This unfortunately means no Archon or Haem with WWP can join the unit if it inflitrates.

Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 15:03

oh man...thats too bad because that would just be AMAZING!!!!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 15:12

It would be nice but sadly I don't think it works.

sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 21:14

hmm... dang, thought I'd found something nifty.

Incubi
Azdrubael

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 04:38

Shadow strike is an exarch power, it only affects aspect warriors. So you can only affect Scorpions with it.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 06:44

Azdrubael wrote:
Shadow strike is an exarch power, it only affects aspect warriors. So you can only affect Scorpions with it.

I beg to differ. as allready quoted, the Shadowstrike rule says:
Quote :

A squad including a model with Shadowstrike has the Infiltrate special rule
and i didn't find a not where it says, it only affects aspect warriors. It clearly meantioned "squad".

So now we have to look up what that means? When an IC is attached to a Unit, both count as one unit, but ist that the same as a squad?

because then you could join a heami to a junit of wracks, and THEN Karandras. As the wracks and the heami would cound as a Unit/Squad? they then all should get the infiltrate special rule.

reguardless of wether a heami can join the unit befor Karandras, he is still a good option.
Lets think of other units that can be usefull to infiltrate:
- Inccubi
- harlequins
- grotesques XD
- a warrior blob
- hellions

you can do a lot of crazy things with this combo. great idea!

sláinte

Incubi
Azdrubael

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 08:06

Quote :

and i didn't find a not where it says, it only affects aspect warriors. It clearly meantioned "squad".

Page 21, Exarch Powers.

Have you ever seen unit of Wraithguard infiltrating with Karandras? I bet you didnt. =)
And that was before 6th edition and allies.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 09:22

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :

Page 21, Exarch Powers.

Good spot. Guess that's the final nail in the coffin of that particular idea. Shame!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 09:38

Like Azdrubael said page 21 of the eldar codex makes it quite clear that infiltrate only affects aspect warriors. Sadly. Sad

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 15:38

the way other PL get around to giving their powers to their squad (say... Fuegan and Tank Hunters) is some USRs spread to the squad. So Fuegan counts as a fire dragon, which means he gets Tank Hunters. Then the Tank Hunter USR spreads to his squad. Sadly infiltrate does not spread to the squad, so it kills this idea.

Too bad we arent battle brothers with blue book SM, because with strike we could of infiltrated a whole squad plus attached ICs Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 15:52

Shadows Revenge wrote:
the way other PL get around to giving their powers to their squad (say... Fuegan and Tank Hunters) is some USRs spread to the squad. So Fuegan counts as a fire dragon, which means he gets Tank Hunters. Then the Tank Hunter USR spreads to his squad. Sadly infiltrate does not spread to the squad, so it kills this idea.

Infiltrate does spread to the squad but sadly the codex overrules the rulebook and specifically says that the power only effects aspect warriors.

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 12:29

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :

Page 21, Exarch Powers.

Have you ever seen unit of Wraithguard infiltrating with Karandras? I bet you didnt. =)
And that was before 6th edition and allies.

Well know your allies :-)
You got me there. Good, so now I don't have to admit that my argument was also false.. Oh did I just write that, NOO!

I mustn't show weakness in the dark city, I mustn't show weakness.....

Webway Portal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal   Webway Portal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway Portal
Page 1 of 1