THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix

Go down 
+10
The_Burning_Eye
Its_Rumble
Teetengee
vexator
Herbert West
Gobsmakked
The Eye of Error
Cavash
Mngwa
Evil Space Elves
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 13:08

An update from my Agony Engines thread which I've copied across as the two are inherently linked....

Progress is being made and two of my Agony Engines near completion, but before the pictures of them I'm not sure if the Moros has ever actually been posted, but as I've had it for a while now I thought I should probably give him some screen time. Firstly a disclaimer, the Moros is not my own creation I saw the model on Ebay and knew it was a perfect counts-as-Talos that then fell into my germinating Agony Engines idea and became the Moros.

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 P2070010

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 P2070011

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 P2070012

And now for the work in progress but nearly completed Agony Engines, and a couple of extra 'teaser' shots.

Firstly the Atropos - Termination Engine

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Atropo11

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Atropo12

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Atropo13

Evidence of the continued power of simply turning bits upside-down!

And the Minos - Control Engine

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Moros_10

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Moros_11

I'm going to use the skeletal chest piece once I've painted the bones underneath.

The Minos is still missing its arms and having looked at the Morghast model in it's partially built form I've realised that both the wing and arm sockets are potential options, I've ummed and arred and am now leaning towards the wing sockets, however I'd be intrigued to hear other people's thoughts on the arm placement.

Option 1 (Wing Socket):
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Moros_13

Option 2 (Arm Socket):
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Moros_14

Thoughts?

And then some pictures of something else I'm working on, technically not an Agony Engine but about the same size, and will be used as such hence the inclusion, I've referenced it before, any guesses?

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 P2070013

And a closing shot of the madness that is my work bench!
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 P2070014
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 10:01

Bit late to comment on this - been busy at work.

I love the agony engines! Haemonculi are far too inventive to stick to a couple of standard designs. The Termination Engine is particularly sickening Very Happy

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
benth3bear
Kabalite Warrior
benth3bear

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 10:18

I was totally going to do something the same as the termination engine!! Using the same bits and was wondering how the nid sac would work in that context. You have pulled it off fantastically!

Tell me you have based it on the blistergrub from Magic the Gathering? Else that is a crazy coincidence.

Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Ah, Commorragh it has been too long.   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14 2020, 16:45

Ah, Commorragh it has been too long. Far too long in fact, but finally at last I have reopened the oubliettes, stirred the tube-born and generally roused the wracks from idleness. The screams on the breeze, the scent of toxins in the air.... ah. Glorious.

I must apologise to those of you who have survived this derth of detail, I do hope that some of the old faces are still around, but to those of you who have joined us in my absence, welcome. I do hope you have made yourselves at home.

In any case enough of my verbosity. To the point of the matter. I have a new and most agreeable assistant who through suitable applications of enticement has allowed me to complete some of those projects from oh so long ago. Thus the Grotesquerie begins.

First for your delectation, the simple expression of our craft:
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Grot_112
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Grot_111
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Grot_110
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Grot_113
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Grot_114

And to follow, something more note-worthy, the Naeddre, Grotesques of the Ophidian Lord's design.
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr12
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr14
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr13
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr15
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr16
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Naeddr17

And because on putting the Naeddre on bases it became clear there was some size disparity a comparison of the two!
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Size_c11

There are still so many things to do, but hopefully with the proverbial tumbling stone rolling, we can at least continue to make progress!
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14 2020, 22:17

Wow. Those tomb lords (?) (I've forgotten the actual model name, it's been a while), look excellent. The Ophidian lord is very clearly a skilled flesh-crafter. My haemonculi commend him.

PartridgeKing likes this post

Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 10:44

We are most grateful Sarcron, the Ophidian Lord does take such pride in their work.

The models are Sepulchral Stalkers I believe, and were made far too long ago, it is only thanks to my other half that I'm finally getting paint on these things! Still she is currently working on finishing my Scourges and her start is definite impetus to try and do some more painting myself, so hopefully I won't lapse into silence for quite as long! In any case, very glad you like them.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2020, 22:32

It seems for the moment creations continue to progress, and the Grotesquerie grows. Below is the first of the works of the Brothers Grymm, the three also known as the Grymm Triptych. Like the 'brothers' themselves, their works are flesh-fused monstrosities that are beyond the traditional form of the macro-steroid enhanced berserker grotesques.

This one is known merely as the mon-keighpede.

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Mon-ke10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Mon-ke11The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Mon-ke15
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Mon-ke14
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Mon-ke13
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2020, 20:53

Continuing the ghoulish and Grotesque we have the siblings of the Mon'keighpede. Colloquially known as the Amalgams and the Centipedes, there being two of each so far, the collective creations are The Grymm.

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Centip12
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Centip11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Centip10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Amalga10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Amalga12
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Amalga11

I'm happy with how they came out, both the conversions and the painting, especially as these have been the first unit I've 'completed' myself in who knows how long.

Next comes updates to finally complete my Talos and Cronos. The base was painted by me as in some of my earliest posts, and now with the aid of my most skilled Acothyst they are finished.
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Cronos10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Cronos11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Talos_10

And finally the first of the Bone Crows. Again my Acothyst's work, and again I am incredibly pleased and looking forward to getting them on the table. There are four completed, but as ever with Scourges I find, two of them need some minor glue-based surgery.
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Scourg11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Scourg12
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Scourg10

Next in line are the Incubi of the Obsidian Pyre, bringing my original squad of ten Wracks up to a passable standard and the last four Grotesques. After years of languishing in obscurity with the dread curse of Greyscale, we may yet soon have a fully colourised force of the Shattered Helix!
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2020, 19:09

The work continues. This time just putting paint on things that have languished since the start of this project log, but two of them were characters and I did them myself so I'm pleased at the very least. Even if the first photo really really shows up the errors in my painting....

On that note, first we have Kein Yr'aanys, Dracon the the Inked Archon and favoured by the Shattered Helix.

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Kein_110
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Kein_210
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Kein_310

Followed by the Haemonculus attending to the blood-crazed corsairs of Lady Isdraab's dread fleet, N'earcus

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Corsai11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Corsai10

And finally the first of the Eachuisge planes, updated and vastly improved from my first attempt by my Acothyst.

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Img_1911
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Img_1910
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Img_1912

There are a few more things that are finished, the first squad of Wych Corsairs and the Incubi of the Obsidian Pyre, but they are waiting for success with the attempts at a lightbox.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 16:28

Despite mentioning Wyches and Incubi, first a treat. Something lodged in my brain for years, made manifest in grey some time ago, and now finally complete in colours. #AgonyEngines

The Minos, Control Engine.
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Minos_13
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Minos_10
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Minos_11
The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 Minos_14

The painting fell to my Acothyst once more, and she outdid herself. I could not picture the model 'colourised' in my mind's eye, even as I could see it clearly in parts, and now seeing it painted I cannot see it any other way.
It was originally intended to have the rib chest piece of the Morghast, but I no longer wish to cover up the skulls within, I may add some blood to the 'spout' in the centre, we shall see but that is a future consideration. However it is now done, and ready to capture 'mostly' living prey for the Shattered Helix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix   The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flesh Vats of the Shattered Helix
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2