THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters Empty
PostSubject: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2019, 10:52

Following on from my previous post and the 2x 500pt games I had last week, I'm now moving up to 1000pts a week from now. While I'm sure it's more sensible to run a Battalion +1 or some other set up I'm kind of set on trying out 3 Patrol 'Raiding Force' shtick. As much to dust off as many different parts of my collection as possible, as to see how they work and try to find the synergies etc. So putting that aside, I'd be interested in thoughts and recommendations as to the list below and what would improve it (sticking to 3 patrols).

It's possible I might not have my Grotesques based in time, so would probably swap them for another Talos if needed (and I do have more Grotesques as well if I can get them ready and a bigger unit is better).

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [22 PL, 375pts] ++
. Prophets of Flesh

+ HQ +

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 90pts]

+ Troops +

Wracks [5 PL, 81pts]
. Acothyst + 8 Wracks

+ Elites +

3x Grotesques w. Monstrous Cleavers[6 PL, 105pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [6 PL, 99pts]
. Talos: 2x Macro-Scalpel, 2x Haywire blaster

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [21 PL, 5CP, 390pts] ++
. Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 92pts]: Blaster, Hatred Eternal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade, Warlord (Archon)
. The Obsidian Veil

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 77pts]
. 8x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [8 PL, 140pts]
. 4x Scourge with Haywire blaster
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 81pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [14 PL, 235pts] ++
. Cult of the Red Grief

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 50pts]: Archite Glaive, Quicksilver Fighter, Splinter pistol
. The Blood Glaive

+ Troops +

Wyches [2 PL, 44pts]
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [3 PL, 60pts]: Grav-Talon
. Arena Champion
. 2x Reaver

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 81pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Total: [57 PL, 5CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Other models that I have and could use instead are:

• 3 'Archons'
  • 3+ Haemonculi
  • 15-20 Kabalites
  • 1 Ravager
  • 1 Razorwing
  • 5+ Mandrakes
  • 5 Incubi
  • 5 Wyches
  • 15 Wracks
  • 3+ Grotesques
  • 3 Clawed Fiends (would need to cobble together a Beastmaster)
  • 5 Scourges
  • 3+ Reavers
  • 3+ Talos
  • 1 Cronos
  • 3+ Raiders
  • 1 Venom

My only other thought was, if my Kabul was Black Heart and I took the Archon as my Warlord, can you us the trait to regain CP on CP spent before the battle begins? Potentially regaining those spent to grant everyone warlord traits and relics?

Edit:
I'll likely be up against Primaris & Sisters (2x 500pt lists vs my 1000pt), though it could easily become 2x 500pt Guard lists. I don't know what the Sisters will contain, but the Primaris is probably:

• 2x squads of 5 Primaris generic chaps
  • Unit of 2 Victoria Guard
  • Primaris Librarian
  • Primaris Redemptor dread

And if it goes Guard then one 500pt list will be tank heavy, probably including Pask.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2019, 11:38

So I’ve made a couple of amendments to the list and I know more accurately what I will be facing. Two 500pt lists. one of Sisters of Battle and one of Guard. All the lists are down below.

The rough plan is for the the Kabalites and Archon to share a Raider, the Wyches and Succubus to share the other Raider. The Wracks will guard an objective and footslog (which feels wrong!) body-guarding Urien and the Talos’ up the board. Scourges will deep-strike turn 2 and hopefully remove something, while the Reavers gun up the board as needed.

I think I could get a 1st turn charge with the wyches, but think it makes sense to be cagier and go for the more certain 2nd turn charge.

My questions are, where should my target priority be? The Immolators feel very threatening and my assault elements (or anything outside a vehicle) really don’t want to go anywhere near them, but I don’t feel that I can consistently kill them fast enough with my 2 Blasters, 2 Disintegrators and 8 Haywire Blasters. This might be me downplaying my shooting effectiveness however. Likewise I’m unsure what the Reavers want to go into… maybe character hunting with the Grav talon?

Obviously playing the the objectives is going to be key but what do people think should be my biggest concerns and targets?

Also Combat drugs, what are people’s recommendations for the Succubus, Wyches and Reavers that I have?

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) Kabal of the Flayed Skull ++

Alliance of Agony [-1CP], Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

Battle-forged CP [3CP] Raiding Force [4CP]

+ HQ +
Archon: Blaster, Hatred Eternal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Power sword
Warlord (Archon)
. The Obsidian Veil

+ Troops +
Kabalite Warriors
. 8x Kabalite Warrior + Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Fast Attack +
Scourges
. 4x Scourge w. Haywire blaster
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Dedicated Transport +
Raider: Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) - Cult of the Red Grief ++

+ HQ +
Succubus: Archite Glaive, Quicksilver Fighter, Splinter pistol
. The Blood Glaive

+ Troops +
Wyches
. Hekatrix: Power sword, Splinter pistol
. 8x Wychs + Shardnet and impaler

+ Fast Attack +
3x Reavers w. Grav-Talon

+ Dedicated Transport +
Raider: Disintegrator cannon, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shock Prow

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) Prophets of Flesh ++

+ HQ +
Urien Rakarth

+ Troops +
Wracks
. Acothyst: Haemonculus tools
. 4x Wracks + Ossefactor

+ Heavy Support +
Talos
W. Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel, Two Haywire Blasters

Talos
W. Two Macro-Scalpel, Two Haywire Blasters

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +

2x Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops+

3x Infantry Squad
. 9x Guardsman
. Sergeant

+ Fast Attack +

Hellhound

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad
3x Mortar

Leman Russ Stygies Vanquisher
Lascannon

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) ++

Order Convictions: Order: Valorous Heart

+ HQ +

Canoness: Power maul, Relic: Book of St. Lucius, Storm bolter, Warlord,
Warlord Trait: 5. Indomitable Belief

+ Troops +

2x Battle Sister Squad
. 4x Battle Sister
. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Hospitaller

+ Heavy Support +

Exorcist

+ Dedicated Transport +

2x Immolator
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2019, 15:09

At 1000 pts, you can't take 3 patrols. It's rule of 2
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2019, 16:25

Well bugger, I was reading that FAQ the other day and completely missed that.

It's a pretty friendly game, so likely not to be an issue, but thank you for point this out so I don't make the same mistake next time!
Back to top Go down
Greshym
Slave
Greshym

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2019, 18:13

Why not try mixing it up and having different detachements for each, e.g. a Vanguard for Kabal, Spearhead for Covens, etc
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2019, 23:03

@Greshym primarily because we get the Raiding Force bonus for have 3 (or 6) Patrol Detachments. It's something I'm thinking for games where I'm not trying to specifically build a Raiding Force... my 9-ish Talos need a group outing at some point.
Back to top Go down
Greshym
Slave
Greshym

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 09:20

@PartridgeKing I thought of Raiding Force too and I also forgot about rule of 2 in lower points game i.e 1k pts, so I was just suggesting the different formations at the 1k
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 21:28

The rule of 2, 3, 4 etc. is more just a suggestion, most tournaments run it, but it's not a solid must-be-obeyed rule. I'd say discuss it over with your friends and say whether you want to follow the rule.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2019, 10:22

So the game happened. Just finished when I started writing this in fact, so I was still running on Hypex.

The guys were happy with the list as was, especially as one of them had been like "that sounds hilarious, you should totally run that" before we realised it was illegal.

Their lists were as above and we ended up playing No Mercy with Front Line Assault deployment. The table was technically not wide enough so it was a basically 6" deployment zone all along, with a 21" no man's land between.

The thin deployment zones meant that they couldn't bubble wrap their Vanquisher and the Exorcist which were in the middle (all left and right are from my perspective) with both Immolators loaded up with Sisters and a character each on the left flank. The Guard squads and mortars were snuggled in on the right.

I put mostly everything in and around my far left corner, hiding behind the available terrain, and with the Scourges ready to deep-strike. The Reavers faced off against the tanks.

They used Orbital Bombardment, which sounded super scary, but didn't live up to its name.

I got the first turn, so my Reavers went straight into the Exorcist and Vanquisher, and then charged losing one on the way in to Overwatch. Plan was to tie up the guns for as long as possible because both tanks had their back to the board edge.

On the left everything moved forward, giving me space to drop my scourges into my deployment zone. All of my fire went into the left most Immolator and took it out with haywire and darklight. The Wych raider then charged into the remains of the squad who'd been thinned out by a smattering of fire, and stuck on on the end of the Shock Prow... I really love that upgrade!

Their turn 1 saw a mix of fire and the Wych raider was left on 1 wound after the second squad of sisters disembarked, fired at close range and then charged it. The Kabalite raider took 4 wounds from various sources, but didn't take any more damage all game, which was nice. One Talos took some wounds but was mostly okay. Oh and with some careful manoeuvring they were able to fall back both tanks and shoot the reavers to death with lots of guardsmen.

Turn 2 things stalled a fair bit, the Wyches and Succubus bailed out the back of their crippled raider but couldn't get into the bigger unit of sisters due to the presence of the Immolator - which I flat out refused to charge!

This was the turn that I brain-farted the fact that Haywire blasters are Assault D3 so my anti-tank was much less effective. But I did at least pull the Hellhound down to 1 wound. The Talos moved up and the one with paired macro-scalpels tore into the Immolator, less effectively than I would have liked, but it still had a good number of wounds left after the overwatch fire. The combination of guns and Talos left the Immolator on 6 wounds. The second Talos followed Urien and the Wracks in turning in towards the centre and the Guard gun line that had wheeled to face me.

Melee saw the Succubus take chunks out of - but importantly not kill - the Cannoness, and the Wyches reduce the now partially healed up sister squad back down to 2 models. The Wych Raider was taken apart but didn't explode. Overall a pretty mediocre turn for me.

Their turn 2 more guardsmen climbed the ferrocite furnace, the hellhound move in close to my Wracks, the Immolator fall back from the Talos and the damaged sister squad to fail to escape the Shardnet. Assorted shooting left my macro-scalpel Talos on one 1 wound and well within explosion distance of the hellhound. The Scourges were gutted and only one remained and I lost a couple of Wyches to shooting phase pistol shots!

The Succubus and the Canoness traded blows, but with the Hospitalier healing up the Canoness she was still fine afterwards. But distracted for long enough that she failed to do more than a single wound to the Succubus. The Wyches were slowly whittling down the Sisters and avoiding their own deaths in the process. The Hellhound charged the remaining Wracks hoping for Overwatch or the fight to pop it and thus dish out a lot of mortal wounds to my army that was clustered around it.

My turn 3 saw the 1 wound twin-scalpel Talos decide it had had enough of metal things and wanted something squishy so started drifting right towards the guard squads. Urien, the Wracks and the other Talos started following it, but it was a long way ahead at this point. The Kabalites in their Raider moved out of their spot behind a hill to ensure they had rapid fire range on one of the guard squads in cover.

As the Hellhound was surrounded by quite a few things I'd rather not lose I started moving things away. The lone Scourge flew off to hide behind some ruins where she still had range on the remaining tanks unharmed Talos advanced and flew over the roadblock that was the Hellhound, Urien skirted it up the hill and the Wracks fell back around it as well. Then I took the shot. Destroying it, and the final command point from my opponents ensured that it blew. Each of my Wracks, Urien, my hitherto unharmed Talos and my Wyches took a single mortal wound. The Immolator and the Sisters on the other hand took about 3 each, leaving the immolator on 1 and massively softening up the remaining sister squad.

Shooting my lone Scourge tried to finish off the Immolator and missed, so I split fire with one Talos and killed it. The others went into the Exorcist but poor rolls limited the amount of damage to it. Fire into the guard on the ferrocite walkway, cover, thing did however wipe out the damaged squad,

In melee the limping Talos charged the guard on the ground, with both the lord commissar and the company commander heroicly intervening. The macro-scalpels did work and 5 guardsmen survived before the power fist of the commander ripped out its heart. The Succubus got the Canoness down to 1 wound again, but failed to kill her, and the Wyches splitting their attacks due to positioning finished off the other battle squad, and one of the slipped fast the power-armoured woman's maul to finish off the Canoness, nodding arrogantly at the Succubus and Hekatrix as she did so. One for promotion... or an unfortunate accident. Consolidating closer to the Hospitalier (who had been pretty murdery with her scalpels!).

Their turn 3 saw T5 Wracks slowly getting whittled down and eventually finished off, my second Talos at T7 eating a hail of fire and getting destroyed, and the lone Scourge thanking his skin to ghostplate and cover!
The Lord Commisar made a dash for Urien and charged him but failed to harm the eldest of Haemonculi.
The Succubus made short work of the Hospitalier in a flurry of 3 damage attacks and consolidated right towards the Guard.

Turn 4 saw my Wych contingent advance at breakneck speed up the board, the Succubus with a 6 and the Wyches with a 5 on the reroll. Apparently blessed, sororities blood really gets their adrenaline pumping! Firing splinter pistols as they came, leaving only a pair of guardsmen on the ground to face them in the fight phase The raider drifted up onto the ferrocite platform to unleash close range fire into the last full strength guard squad. Then I opened up with my remaining anti-tank weapons and the Exorcist was no more.

With my Victory Point total sitting at about 13 at this point and theirs in the 3-5 range (I can't remember which), their remaining full strength guard blob about to eat close range anti-infantry fire, the Wyches about to eat the Company Commander and the Guard on the ground, and only the mortar teams and the Vanquisher untouched (but in easy reach of the Wyches) they decided to call the game there.

I made a few mistakes, I forgot a few things and I'm certain my drug choices weren't the most optimised (though the combination of +1S on the Wyches, +1T on the Succubus worked really well!) but in the end superior technology, flesh-crafted muscle, and sheer glorious ultra-violence won they day! And with that my 3rd game of 8th and my first victory came to an end!

((We'd also played Kill team just before. Wow Dark Lances are OP in that! Killed one model a turn!))
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2019, 09:18

Nice report!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters   1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pt List - Envenomed Mark, Shattered Helix & Glass Splinters
Page 1 of 1