THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Single miniature display bases?

Go down 
+2
Dogmar
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Single miniature display bases? Empty
PostSubject: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 22:21

Hello everyone, I am painting a single miniature for a painting competition; I have seen small diorama bases that the models single base will fit into to give it more presence, for example Angron in the FW range but ideally something smaller.

Has anyone seen these for sale somewhere?

Cheers all.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 21:11

Unfortunately I have not seen such bases for sale, however some companies sell wooden sockets you could then build that diorama base on. I don't have a name at the moment because I have yet to find time for diorama myself, but have a look at massive voodoo and some of the big online retailers like wayland. You might find it in the hobby department.

As for building the diorama, here's what I would do:

Get your socket and tape it so you don't shed any color on it.

Get some plasticard / cork / styrofoam of the appropriate width and cut out a circle of the size of the base with half a millimeter spare.

Put your minis base inside and mark spots and areas that are important to fit your base in the diorama

Then build the raw surface of the diorama with modelling clay, cork, sand, styrofoam and/or plasticard, whatever strikes your fancy and fits the model, really. For cobblestones I've seen a nice example on massive voodoo that works with bought brick stones of the right scale. Just an example.

Once you've got the raw shape put your mini back in and build up a loose visual connectivity, so that the gap between diorama and base is less obvious.

Add details

Spray black and paint (I've found black primer more beneficial for terrainy stuff, but that's just me maybe)

Do your diorama and your minis base at the same time so you get the colors right.

Hope this helps a bit. Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 12:01

Most of the diorama bases I have seen are individually made, but build up is pretty straight forward as Dogmar has pointed out already.

Single miniature display bases? Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 11:46

I've seen some.

Micro art studio have some, don't know if it is what you are looking for:
http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/battle-bases-c-3.html
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 12:49

If you're looking to build one BuyPainted on youtube has a few pretty good tutorials on a easy way for them.

https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCsVtZ8SRClYf4tPzy8HjNtA
Back to top Go down
Archon Darkanis
Hellion
Archon Darkanis

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 22:01

TheWarStore.com has some, lol I'd add a link but because I'm new I cant lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single miniature display bases?   Single miniature display bases? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single miniature display bases?
Page 1 of 1