THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Canyoneromikos
Hellion

Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 13:00

So my next tournament is coming up the GT final.

Now i've thought about how i prepare for ones of these tournaments and thought id share that with you.

The army list:

This takes a while as you can see from my previous posts on here the lists undergone major changes and if you ready my blog article on death or glory youll know what stage i'm on now.

List evolution is massive part of 40k. You may want to go in a direction ie lots of venoms, lots of reavers lots of Beasts and so on, but its the ability to be able to evolve the support cast or even the protagonists here that is key.

Practise games:

This is a area were alot of people tend to fall down.

I'm not gunna sit down here and claim i practise alot. I really don't. But before a tournament you may play maybe 2/3 games practice for with your list. What alot of people do is play their friends armies. Now this is all well and good but the fact is you might play 3 guard armies and that it. As such all youll be changing your list is based on playing imperial guard. Which wont help you play off against say the new daemons.

Therefore you gotta try your list against the following.

A) Necrons - The best army atm, 18 wraiths 3 barges 3 flyers 2 destroyer lords
B) a horde list - There will be people using ALOT of models.... can you kill them all? you wont know until you try!
C) Elite Army - Marines/ Greyknights there will be alot of these due to their popularity

This covers alot of what youll face. If you dont know anyone with these armies, ask them to proxy (use there army as necrons although this had led in my group to alot of kymera looking wraiths)

This is a broad enough spectrum to prepare you to face anything and as such will allow you to tweak your list accordingly

As a dark eldar player i know its easy to make a duff list with our codex. as such this part is vital for showing yourself what just isn't being used regually enough to justify its inclusion and what you are missing when your facing allcomers.

Hope this brief but imforative look has been usefull.

Check out the Death or glory blogspot site for my new articles on my dark eldar and also for our new podcast this weekl, focusing on the new chaos daemon codex (anyone know what to do against em yet!)

Until next time!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 20:13

Alot of helpful information in this article, thank you. Smile
Any chance of a more in-depth version of your thoughts, though? I'm sure a longer article would be very helpful to many members who are considering preparing to enter the harsh world of tournament play. I for one would thoroughly enjoy reading it! Wink

Looking forward to reading more. Keep it coming!

PS: Just as a side note, maybe try to pay more attention to your ortography next time? Those missing capital letters, apostrophes and full stops make reading an actually interesting text rather exhausting. Sorry for having to point it out; no offense meant. Wink
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 00:13

It's funny, I am in the process of writing something very similar for another forum... Some good points here
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Canyoneromikos
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 22:46

Kinnay wrote:
Alot of helpful information in this article, thank you. Smile
Any chance of a more in-depth version of your thoughts, though? I'm sure a longer article would be very helpful to many members who are considering preparing to enter the harsh world of tournament play. I for one would thoroughly enjoy reading it! Wink

Looking forward to reading more. Keep it coming!

PS: Just as a side note, maybe try to pay more attention to your ortography next time? Those missing capital letters, apostrophes and full stops make reading an actually interesting text rather exhausting. Sorry for having to point it out; no offense meant. Wink

Yeah of course ill do this as my next Dark Eldar Post on the blog site. Tournament play is fun i highly recommend it. You play 5/6 games against people youve never played before. OIts great!

Yeah i speed wrote that at work. normally i spell check but i was in a hurrey haha
Back to top Go down
Canyoneromikos
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 22:46

typos in the previous post were on purpose.... honest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation   Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar: A Death or Glory Guide to Tournament preparation
Page 1 of 1