THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help! 1500 pt tourney list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pauks818
Slave
Pauks818

Help! 1500 pt tourney list Empty
PostSubject: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 13:11

First time playing DE in a long time & am trying to make a competitive list in 6th edition. Here is what I have so far:

HQ
-2 haemys (1 w/ liquifier, 1 w// shattershard

Elite
-3 Trueborn (3 blasters, venom w/ 2nd cannon)

Troops
-5 wyches (raider w/ lance & shock prow) (1 Haemy starts here)
-5 wyches (raider w/ lance & shock prow) (1 Haemy starts here)
-5 wyches (venom w/ 2nd cannon)
-5 wyches (venom w/ 2nd cannon)

Fast Attack
-3 reavers (1 blaster)
-3 reavers (1 blaster)

Heavy Support
-Ravager (dark lances)
-Ravager (dark lances)
-Ravager (dark lances)

Total 1500

Any pointers or suggestions you can offer to help me out?
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 16:06

That's a pretty good list you have there, similar to the one I run. Personally, I would swap the reavers out for more wyches in the raiders, and maybe trade out the venom wyches for 5-man blaster warrior squads. It is a very good list, though, with some good playing you'll do well.

Keeping it evil since 2010.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 19:41

No haywire grenades on the wyches? You would be better with warriors then imo.
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 19:48

Oh wow, totally missed lack of haywire grenades. Yeah, always take Haywires on the wyches.

Back to top Go down
Pauks818
Slave
Pauks818

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 15:55

Normally I would absolutely take haywire grenades on the wyches seeing as they are ridiculously effective, the reason I did not is that I thought with 11 DLs & 11 Bls I could instead spend the points on the 2nd reaver squad (which im kinda playtesting as a distraction unit to buzz up really close & take a pot-shot at a tank to instill the fear of sheba into my opponent who will then hopefully spend the next turn or two throwing everything at cover sv 3+ reavers instead of my juicier, more vulnerable bits (ie trueborn)) & if they fail to take the bait, they can tank pot-shot to their hearts content until they hop on & deny an objective last turn.

As for the warrior blaster squad Im referring to my 22 darklight weapons listed above & asking if 2-3 more is really necessary. The way I see it, for 5 less points than a blaster warrior squad, I can get a unit who has pretty much 0 shooty ability but who can either tie up a big nasty squad in CC while I kill everything else or can wipe a weaker or shootier squad completely. Sure only 2 of the squads can get FnP to start, but then I can either charge smaller squads with those that dont get FnP or have them charge squads that have already been charged by the FnP guys to avoid overwatch.

I'lll consider the haywire grenades based off my first few games & my ability to kill tanks, but the warrior blaster squads just dont seem necessary to me.

As always, thanks for the advice though!
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 16:05

After playing DE competitively for 2 years, I can safely tell you that DE NEVER can have enough darklight. And as to haywire grenades, you need them. Once you face a guard tankline with 10 or so AV12-14 vehicles, you'll know what I mean. Blasters are nice, but when there's a tankline to be charged, wyches with haywire grenades will absolutely WRECK everything they touch.

Back to top Go down
Pauks818
Slave
Pauks818

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 16:21

Hahaha ok, ok I'll write this one in as an alternate to test against my primary:

HQ
-2 haemys (1 w/ liquifier, 1 w// shattershard

Elite

Troops
-7 wyches (haywire grenades, raider w/ lance & shock prow) (1 Haemy starts here)
-7 wyches (haywire grenades, raider w/ lance) (1 Haemy starts here)
-5 warriors (blaster, venom w/ 2nd cannon)
-5 warriors (blaster, venom w/ 2nd cannon)

Fast Attack
-3 reavers (1 blaster)

Heavy Support
-Ravager (dark lances)
-Ravager (dark lances)
-Ravager (dark lances)

Total 1502

Also if a DE player can NEVER have enough DL, would you suggest taking raiders instead of venoms for the same price? Of course this means my anti infantry ability would suffer immensely & if I played footsloggin guard I just may shoot myself but more DL is more DL. Kind of the way I see it with my extra wych squads also: that the added anti infantry ability is worth the price of just 2 blasters.

Also if I run it like this, Im only really gaining 1 blaster as I lost the one on my other reaver squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! 1500 pt tourney list   Help! 1500 pt tourney list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! 1500 pt tourney list
Page 1 of 1