THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE 1850 list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SOlyer
Hellion

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 14:48

I am brand new the forums and to 40k in general. I have played one game so far as a learning game and got my but spanked since i really didnt know how to properly prepare an army. I bought an army off of someone using craigslist to start out so i have a descent investment in the hobby already and plan to have many years of fun out of it.

I only have 5 venoms at the moment and 2 raiders so for me to get another squad in a venom or raider i would need to buy one more or swap them out. Here is the list for some critiquing.

Archon, venom blade, blast pistol, shadow field, Combat Drugs - 130

4 incubi (goes with archon) venom 2 X splinter Cannon and NS - 163

Razorwing Jet Fighter - 145

Ravager NS - 115

Ravager NS - 115

4 Trueborn with 4 Blasters in Venom 2 x Splinter Cannon and NS - 183

4 Trueborn with 4 Blasters in Venom 2 x Splinter Cannon and NS - 183

6 Reaver (2 with blasters) - 160

5 kabolite warriors, blaster, in Venom 2 x Splinter Cannon and NS - 135

5 wyches, haywire grenades and venom 2 x splinter cannon - 125

10 Kabolite Warriors, splinter cannon, blaster, Raider with Splinter Racks and NS - 195

10 Kabolite Warriors, splinter cannon, blaster, Raider with Splinter Racks and NS - 195

Ok, bring on the criticism.

PS, is Skari reads this, just as an FYI, I wanted to play DE but was told they were not very good and to pick a different army but when I found your videos on youtube i decided they were viable and to play them anyways. So thanks, and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26 2013, 14:11

Welcome cheers

All in all your list looks very good, just a few things:

If you plan on taking Archon and Incubi together, then give the Archon a PGL, they really need it. To get the points, drop the Blast Pistol and the Splinter Racks on the Raiders, they only work with Spilnter Rifels, since you have the SC upgrade, they might get wasted, otherwise, drop the SC og the Warriors.

You might want to reconsider running the Archon with the VB, I did the excat same setup a few weeks ago, and got very very disapointed by it... Underpreformed... A lot Smile

Anyhow, strong good looking list Smile
Back to top Go down
SOlyer
Hellion

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 21:21

I have seen that same type of response to others when using the archon with no PGL. I am just not sure why he needs a PGL. He has plasma grenades so he can throw them when charging into cover. Why the PGL?

I agree, i used this list yesterday and it wrecked the eldar player i was playing. I demolished his entire army by turn 3. I did notice how ever that my archon was getting plenty of hits but they all still got their saves and nothing special really happened. Took the epicness out of his battles.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 21:37

SOlyer wrote:

Why the PGL?
You give the Archon a PGL when running it with Incubi because it gives the whole squad assault (and defensive) grenades - something Incubi are lacking - allowing the Incubi to assault enemies in cover without suffering the penalty to initiative.

Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 00:36

Andalit wrote:

To get the points, drop the Blast Pistol and the Splinter Racks on the Raiders, they only work with Spilnter Rifels, since you have the SC upgrade, they might get wasted, otherwise, drop the SC og the Warriors.

Personally I would drop the combat drugs on the archon rather than the splinter racks, I find that the drugs don't benefit the VB as much as other weapons. I usually run 10 warriors with a splinter cannon in a raider with SR's and they perform pretty well for me most of the time.

As for the rest of the list it looks solid Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DE 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE 1850 list    DE 1850 list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE 1850 list
Page 1 of 1