THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The 'Questions' Thread

Go down 
+12
Mushkilla
Count Adhemar
Jack Frost
DarkLordVerjal
Plague
V'rach
Crisis_Vyper
Grub
Gobsmakked
dr3dg3
Father Dagon
Sky Serpent
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The 'Questions' Thread Empty
PostSubject: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26 2011, 18:30

Here at The Dark City we like to keep the Rumours section rather clutter free and keep rumours and questions/wish listing seperate.

If you want to ask a question regarding rumours then please do - but only in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 01:38

Are there any whispers on the wind as to the release date of the Voidraven?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 19:51

I can't give you a citation but I remember reading something about a possible late summer release or just before Christmas. Personally I'd expect it sometime in the next year as the model is rumoured to be done with slight factory problems. One would assume it would be released in a gap in the schedule and at a time when interest and sales in the Dark Eldar are starting to flag.
Back to top Go down
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 00:06

I've recently become very interested in Lady Malys and after reading about her wargear I'm painfully curious about when a miniature of her will be released. I hope this question isn't too similar to the previous one, but are there any projections on when the horde of Dark Eldar special characters will be released?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 02:47

A date for their release is anybody's guess at this point.

I think that most people were under the impression (or at least hoping) that the bulk of the new DE range would be complete and released by June/July of this year, based on comments by Jes Goodwin at last Fall's GDUK.

There was also mention on Warseer at some point (unsubstantiated) that Vect's court was in fact done and just waiting to be released.

However, there has never been any specific mention of any of the special characters and we are now past the last big release wave of DE gear, and the introduction of Finecast, which was also viewed by some as an opportunity to release a range of new characters. And in reality, no army being re-vamped to the extent that ours is has ever received all of it's new models within the first year after the release of a new codex.

EDIT - having said all that, Sky pointed out in the Forgeworld Reaper thread that this year's GDUK will feature Darren Parrwood and Stuart Williamson with some new DE goodies and concepts, so maybe we will get some more love from both GW and FW then?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 19:48

I'm merely musing on unsubstantiated thoughts from others but I think GW will be laying off Dark Eldar for a while as Forge World will be peaking a lot of interest with their new stuff. I wouldn't think FW would touch anything in the codex.

It's been known for a while that Duke will never get a model though of course never officially confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: When will they release the rest of the DE?   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 01:16

Don't know about the rest of you out there, but I think its about time they released the missing models from our repertoire? Anybody heard anything/ know anything about future releases?
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 01:32

To be honest I am not bothered with the new releases unless if it is the Voidraven. I am now in a phase where anything I buy, I am buying it for the cool factor rather than buying it to make my army stronger.
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 14:31

The Voidraven is rumoured to be released in febuary, can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 14:33

I wonder if they ever plan on releasing Vect, Malys, and all the other missing HQ's. It would also be nice to see Bloodbrides and Trueborn as well.

If the voidraven rumor is true that would be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 17:57

Please don't open threads in News and Rumours that have no substance and/or are simply questions. Merged to 'The 'Questions' Thread'.

I asked Jes at Games Day about the special characters and he said Juan and himself would get round to them eventually, possibly releasing one or two in a small splash release.

Voidraven is anyone's guess, where did the February rumour come from again?
Back to top Go down
DarkLordVerjal
Slave
DarkLordVerjal

PostSubject: Next wave of DE, ETA?   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 19:25

I noticed we are still missing some models for Dark Eldar, mostly HQs. When is the next wave supposed to come out, or a relative timeline?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 19:39

There is no timeline. There have been no rumours for quite some time and anything at this point would be pure speculation.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Dec 17 2011, 19:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkLordVerjal
Slave
DarkLordVerjal

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 19:40

Unfortunate indeed. Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 19:48

Please read the forum guidelines and don't ask questions in the rumour forum. Merging the thread to the Questions Thread.

To answer your question, we know that the Voidraven is in production but with no real ETA. I'd assume sometime in 2012, possibly with the release of 6th. I spoke to Jes at Games Day and he said that he would like to do the special characters at some point with Juan and release them bit by bit. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 16:52

I know it's only been 3 years since the release of the DE codex but has there been any schedule spots as to when the next codex for the DE will be released/updated?
Or are we destined to be perpetually behind in the rules...
There are quite a lot of rules that need the 6E update.
*Jink* is a big one.
Maybe there has been a FAQ that I haven't downloaded..?
Thanks.

-Jack-
Back to top Go down
http://jmsjacobsen@gmail.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 10:54

Whether Dark Eldar are behind or not is in the eye of the beholder.

As for our next release, nothing has been rumoured, there are quite a few Codexes in front of us, we've got a huge Fantasy release next year too and I can't see GW keeping up this huge production line of books.

I guess the debate is whether we will see a Codex this edition or 7th, my bet is this edition but I'm holding out for somewhere 2016-18.

I don't know what rules you mean that need an update, especially as Jink is a new rule for this edition.... There is an FAQ out so be sure to check it.
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 12:41

I will be a really old warrior by 2016-18... I'll have to go to the Essence of Soul parlor every week!
I think the DE fliers, skimmers, and reavers, no doubt would have the Jink SR.
Thanks, Sky.

-Jack-
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 13:37

Jack Frost wrote:

Erm, they do!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 14:11

Jack Frost wrote:

They do! Reavers have jink, because they are bikes (and bikes have the jink SR). Raiders, Ravagers and venoms have jink because they are skimmers (and skimmers have the jink SR). The razorwing has jink when it evades (as Flyers have the jink SR when they evade).
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 14:37

Thank you for that. It's as if I've been playing a whole other game for soo long.
I've woken up today with a nice splash of cold water in the face.
(It does not state that in the FAQ nor in the dex therefore why would I bother to take the BRB as a source of rules?!)Embarassed
Well gentlemen, prepare to die!Twisted Evil
thanks.

-Jack-
Back to top Go down
JninetySix
Slave
JninetySix

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 16:52

Any idea at all about a new codex release is coming out? Cause frak's sake 7th is nearly out... or at least '6a' all so the new stormsurge formation rules give me hope of a new codex coming out for us soon... Anyone hear anything?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14 2021, 16:41

Please excuse my ignorance, out of Warhammer for a while, so i have a question:
What are Haemoxytes?
Elite Wracks, like Trueborn to Warriors/Bloodbrides to Wyches?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14 2021, 16:50

Marrath wrote:
Please excuse  my ignorance, out of Warhammer for a while, so i have a question:
What are Haemoxytes?
Elite Wracks, like Trueborn to Warriors/Bloodbrides to Wyches?

Exactly right. They're brand new this book. They're wracks with +1Ld, +1 to their invul save, and they ignore the first failed save of each phase. They're a pretty interesting and thematic unit. Not highly sought after in competitive play, but they're not so expensive that you can't fit them into a list if you like them.

Marrath likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 13:09

There isnt a unit entry for them, its part of the special rules near the front of the rules section, close to the "Master" HQs.

They get unlocked by taking a Master Haemonculus, which is why they dont see much play (the Haemonculus being the weakest of our HQs).

I have run a bunch of them, and they are pretty good. Really tanky in a list built around a Twisted Animator Master Haemonculus (resurect D3 Wracks/Haemoxytes each turn)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Questions' Thread   The 'Questions' Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'Questions' Thread
Page 1 of 1