THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My new markers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 23:07

In an effort to stop me forgetting things, I have made the first few of my new design for condition markers, for Infantry, Vehicles, and Pain Tokens.
My new markers 4477C2A1-5988-42EF-B8DF-E45BC9D93432-7352-00000ABDD3FC633D_zpsd93ab1d8
Vehicle version has shaken, stunned, immobilised, wrecked; infantry has pinned, snap fire, falling back and no assault; DEldar one counts pain tokens, and reminds me what they confer!

They are made of 10mm square section PVC tube, with tape from a hand-held printer. If I like them, and my friends do to, I will order some custom-coloured tape for different armies.
I have a game tomorrow, so I will start to get an idea of how many I need of each.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 05:09

not bad, but this isn't very creative, unless your just using these to keep track then I would suggest more creativity
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 14:43

Very functional.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 18:21

average joe wrote:
Very functional.

Agreed, well done. My aging brain needs a few of these too.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 19:11

When I first started gaming my Marines were grey, my scouts camouflaged, my dice heavily stylised, and my objective markers matched my scenery. After a while I came to realise that my units forgot to move and fire, as I overlooked them, that bright, clear dice are a LOT more readable, and that a flickering LED candle for an objective is hard to fail to notice!
In an effort to reduce the amount of brain effort needed to remember ongoing conditions, thus freeing me up for tactical thought, my markers are bold, my dice are bright, and my new DE army is resplendent in bright reds and golds, Wyches with white undercoat, and a proper fluorescent fitting over the table!

My painting sucks anyway, my battlefields are always a triumph of function over form!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 06:57

oh I see, that would make sense, I forget pain tokens a lot Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new markers Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new markers   My new markers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new markers
Page 1 of 1