THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre

Go down 
+91
|Meavar
Ynneadwraith
Scrz
RedRegicide
Cherrycoke
Skari
Klaive
doriii
BetrayTheWorld
Nyx_Necrodragon
Amheir-ka
eohall
hydranixx
inchmurrin
nexs
Faust
Rathian
Woozl
Paland
thenick18
shwaym
BlackCadian
jables
Demantiae
Shinobi_8745
kabal_jagged_eye
CurstAlchemist
DingK
punk possum
Calyptra
Omega1907
Ciirian
Rokuro
Red Corsair
PartridgeKing
thesaltedwound
Trystis
Devilish
Crazy_Irish
Black Death
Cavalier
The_Burning_Eye
Caspaar
Mr_Pink
The Yak
patimus
Cavash
Barking Agatha
TopHat
Siticus the Ancient
dude163
Kinnay
the_dukes_scion
Dogmar
Archon-Hidicul
Squidmaster
Marrath
Dragontree
Plastikente
Algae
solar shock
speedfreek
kizzdougs
Tengu
Lord_Alino
CrazyAZ
Nullus
Silverglade
Count Adhemar
Supersonicbanana
LSK
Grub
Thor665
facelessabsalom
Jack Frost
Eganize
Ben_S
kiblams
Herbert West
Khain mor
Bearded Dan
infamousme
Power Hungry Monkey
Sangarn
Evil Space Elves
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
ravengoescaw
The Eye of Error
Blutvogt
spellcheck2001
95 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 23:42

So fantastic!

I hate you...

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 08:11

The model is fantastic.

But how big is it?
To me it looks more like a grotesque instead of a Talos (where is the stinger, the claws)?
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 09:57

@Ynneadwraith Lol yes he does, but the invites stopped after the mass poisonings of th birthday cake Wink
Thankyou. Pleased you enjoyed the wips. Always unsure if anyone finds them interesting or not.

@Count Adhemar. Much obliged, cheers Smile

@|Meavar. Thanks. It is larger and wider than a grot by quite a bit. Definately more comparable to a talso in size. Also I tend to go for thematic conversions, so rule of cool wins out over wsywig. I always check in a game/tournament beforehand that my opponent/TO is ok with what I bring. Not had any problems so far. People tend to enjoy playing against them Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Myca
Hellion
Myca

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 10:07

I mean the model is f-starring fantastic. But I really do envy your flesh painting, it's absolutely brilliant.

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 10:13

I can understand people would not mind playing against it, it looks fantastic.

Cool should always be more important then wysiwyg.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 12:59

@Myca. Thankyou Smile. I find painting flesh really pleasurable. It is usually the bit I look forward to. I think it's because I have a nice method I follow that makes it a breeze. Being hyper critical though, I think I can still improve by adding more layers in my blending to get better transitions up from base to final highlight.

@|Meavar. Yes it does for me anyway Smile . I know some people only like to play against the official models, or ones that at least show the correct weapon options, and I totally understand that, all our hobbies are different, which is why I always check before a game just in case (I try and make my conversions at least a similar size to the original models so there is no unfair gaming advantage from my conversions)

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 13:55

Wow just incredible SC. The painting around the flesh is what really blows me away. The sort of irritated look of the skin around the stitching is just insane. Wow, super impressive as always man. I love it.

Out of curiosity what kind of response when you drop this bad boy on the table? People must freak... no pun intended. lol..

Anyway great stuff man. I love it.

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 07:34

@Cavalier. Hey thanks dude, much appreciated Smile. The bruised fleshy bits are probably the parts I am most pleased with, as it was quite a new method I used, so for it to work is very satisfying Smile

The response can be mixed tbh. Some people don't really make any comment, while others are really into it, and have a good giggle at some of the conversions . Tbh it is mostly muted British style compliments like "nice army mate" or "looks good"Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 12:04

Oh good, I'm glad I picked up on something you really worked hard on. I'm always stoked when someone picks up on something knew I'm trying Smile

Also yeah... I've been there too. Everybody goes wild for my army online, but most guys I play against say nothing. However, moms and their kids usually come over quite quickly and ask me all about it so there's always that dubious honor! Lol

Anyway yeah love the stuff you are doing with the flesh. Very impressive but subtle... keep up the great work man. This army is really one for the ages

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 21:13

Well well well, look what the cat dragged in (me)

Yes I have made a return to working on La Danse Macabre again after a long hiatus due to my geneal malaise with 7th ed, and the burnout from painting the last Talos. The first thing i decided to do was a unit of scourge I have had sitting on the painting table since February. I played a game last week and they were the only unpainted unit on the table, so I need to rectify this asap.

I will be painting each member individually as I cant face batch painting this lot, with all the parrot feathers and butterfly wings they will have.

This chap is the first I started yesterday. Not a huge amount to see but I thought I would chart my progress back on here as I go along. The red armour is now fully highlighted (although the photo makes it look like crap), and base colour down for the wings ( it needs a few more coats, and the secondary colour adding). I need to add Verdigris to the bronze and a few gold bits on the gun, then choose some colours for the cloth and hat. Hopefully have another update soon for you all Smile

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Fullsi21

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 12:56

Wow you sure have a lot of spare pieces.

Those conversions looks awesome and natural, I would have love to paint them !
Pretty neat use of Green stuff too.

Overall this looks wonderfull, good job

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 20:12

Haha yeah I have rather large bits box for sure Very Happy

Thanks Smile. I have not done much recently on the project, but I am looking to get the scourges done this month if I can, and then carry on from there Smile

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02 2017, 21:24

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 C1d31010

Hey folks. Been a while eh? Just in case any of you are interested, I was recently interviewed by Tibbs for the Chapter Approved podcast about La Danse Macabre. We chat about the inspiration behind it, modelling ideas & general hobby and such like. Have a listen if you want to hear my sultry tones and find out a little about the thoughts behind this project Very Happy

http://chapterapproved.com/podcast/nafnaf-interview-part1/

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 01:33

listening at the moment, very informative Smile
But the link to your blog for whatever reason leads me here instead:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/40k-first-strike-2017-ENG

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 06:08

Thanks Smile

Ah yes so it does. I shall message him and let him know, cheers Smile

Here is a link if you want to have a peek Smile

www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 12:25

Hey guys n gals. The second part of my interview on the podcast chapter Approved is now live.Apologies for the delay in posting up the link for this. I have had a lot on this weekend, with my lad being ill and now my wife down with the flu (it never rains but it pours as they say). Released last Wednesday was the second part of 3 episodes that Tibbs interviewed me for on his Chapter approved podcast. The episodes are half an hour in length, and he is talking to me about my Danse Macabre Dark Eldar project, general hobby thoughts and chit chat between two like minded people Smile. Give it a listen if you want to hear a it if the thoughts and ideas behind this project. Smile

SC jocolor

Oh and I should have some more stuff on here soon for a Danse Macabre, and I wll have to go back and update all the photos that *&^^^%^%^^ photobucket will no longer host (&^^%%$$%)

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17 2017, 11:43

Looking forward to it, and yes buck Botophucket!!!

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20 2017, 08:35

Last episode up guys n gals Smile

http://chapterapproved.com/podcast/20-interview-with-naf-naf-part-3-of-3/

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 16:36

Right folks, it has been awhile since I posted up any new progress on this army (mainly due to burnout and disillusionment with 7th). That is going to change soon hopefully. I have 5 Incubi waiting for paint that I want to get done by Christmas, as well as a ravaged and two venoms. I hope that by posting on here again with wip updates will help with my motivation.

I had a game of 8th recently and took some pics of La Danse Macabre in action . It was a lovely sight to see them fully painted on the table again Smile

I have also gone back through this log a bit and reloaded some of the pics (damn you photobucket) so if you want to search through my older stuff it now exists again (although there is still a bit to go at the beginning that I have not had time to update yet)

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 406aa610
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 2fdb6f10
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 C02b6110
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 F6e41810
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Cfa86710
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 23cb7410
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Ba77d010
Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 D229f310

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2017, 12:01

Ravager*

Glad to have some news from you, as your army is wonderfull !
Honestly I can't wait to see what's going up next, you got so much inspiration to share ^^

And for the pictures, you couldn't get a better opponent than iron warriors, that shows so much contrast ^^. I was a bit surprised, I thought this was an exposition army ; I'm glad you are using them for playing too !

Hope your burn-out will cure at some point, stay strong and brave ; go out a lot, spend some time with your friends, watch one of your favorite movie each day. It helped me Wink

Cheers

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2017, 19:30

Thank you Smile I hope I can get something on here soon. I just have to get started and then it will roll. I always try to use my stuff for gaming tbh. It helps inform my modelling choices, as well as what I plan to paint, and I do enjoy the social side a lot, so having models I can use to game with my friends and have an interesting project too is win win Smile

Yes we were polar opposites in that game. Was pretty fun to look at (although he properly thrashed me)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 21:43

Small update. Started work on the Incubi. I had made these conversions awhile ago, and was not happy with the quality of some of my sculpting on them, as well as the resin cloaks needing some repair work (slightly poor casting too). The pic shows them all filled and sanded ready for the base colours to be applied. This is the bit I hate the most as it’s quite laborious and not very rewarding. Still, got to do it I suppose Smile

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Bebe3810

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 Ae9c1d10

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 C73c0310

Also have 2 venoms and a ravager in sub assemblies. I am attempting to paint them like this to save some time, as I can paint each component seperately and glue them later. Not a new technique, but it is the first time I have done it and so far it is working well. I hope to get cracking on these properly  after the Incubi are done

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 99004810

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 57add310
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 00:22

Nice to see you keep going, can't wait to see the result *-*

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 09:26

Thanks Smile

I have our small club tournament coming up mid November, so the aim is to get them done for then (I hope)

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 15:14

Word of advice on the paining in sub-assembly.

You may find that the plastic glue fails over time (since the paint prevents it from creating the chemical bond between plastic components that it is designed to do).

I have found that I need to use superglue often when I'm gluing two painted pieces together. Alternatively, for some pieces where there won't be glue, you can paint those components so that they are easier to reach prior to assembly, but don't get paint on the sections where the glue will bond.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre
Page 29 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next