THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thanatos_elNyx
Slave
Thanatos_elNyx

1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 23:35

In a month I will be playing in a Tournament. Its two 1k lists teamed up.
My mate is running Nids running Hive Guard and TrygonsTervigon (thanks Baron) but I believe a Trygon might feature as well.

He won't be running much AT, so that may be my job. pale

Here is the list I have so far.

Archon (Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Shadow Field and PGL)
4x Incubi
All ride in Venom with Night Shield.

10x Warriors Dark Lance
Raider with Dark Lance and Night Shield

10x Wyches (2x Shardnets)
Including Sarge with Agoniser

Ravager (3x DL, Night Shield and Flickerfield)

Razorwing (Night Shield and Flickerfield)

I have no additional models, so if I make any changes I will have to buy new models and paint them.
I have enough to make a few more Warriors perhaps.

One idea I have was trade in the Razorwing, the Warriors Raider and the Incubi Venom for a second Ravager, 10x Warriors with DL and a Raider for the Incubi.

Its only +2 Dark Lances, +1 Troop Choice and loses the Plane Missiles.
But I don't want to be too AT, and the Plane has a lot of AI which is fun.

Last edited by Thanatos_elNyx on Wed May 18 2011, 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 01:43

You mean Tervigon not trygon.

DL in raider squads make no sense cuz you want the Raider to be always moving which means the units DL will never fire.

I don't think you need NS on the Razorwing

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 07:44

Thanatos_elNyx wrote:

Archon (Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Shadow Field and PGL)
4x Incubi
All ride in Venom with Night Shield.
A very cc unit you could afford to lose to bump anti-tank, Blast pistol is unlikely to get used as range 6 you are more likely to be fleeting.

10x Warriors Dark Lance
The Baron hit this one right on the head DL warrior squad in raider is not good

10x Wyches (2x Shardnets)
Including Sarge with Agoniser
I think 10 is too many, I'd drop 2-3 (and a shardnet because of numbers) and give the rest haywire grenades

Ravager (3x DL, Night Shield and Flickerfield)

Razorwing (Night Shield and Flickerfield)

My comments in red

So I'd drop the incubi , 3 wyches and shardnet give wyches haywires , drop dark lance and 5 warriors add blaster to squad , Get second 5 man warrior squad with blaster to go in venom drop a nightshield (I'd say from warrior venom) buy second ravager . This gives you an extra scoring unit and an extra anti tank (you could even at this point drop the archon pgl and use the points to buy new ravager flicker and nightshields and use the remaining 9pts to but another warrior for the raider squad.).

Last edited by The Strange Dude on Wed May 18 2011, 15:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : taken naughty points costs out)
Back to top Go down
Thanatos_elNyx
Slave
Thanatos_elNyx

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:16

Thanks for the Advice.

I never planned on having the Warriors ride in the Raider, it is another Dark Lance that could move with the Wyches or Incubi and if they get shot down then they can hop into the spare Raider.
Not very cost efficient, but it was a thought.

As for Haywire Grenades, as great as they are, I don't like the idea of running the Wyches onto a vehicle only to have it explode and take half of them with it. Sad

So here is the new army list:

Archon (Agoniser * , Shadow Field and Combat Drugs)
9x Wyches (1x Shardnet + Heka with Agoniser)
All in Raider (Night Shield)

5 Warriors (Blaster)
In Raider (Night Shield)

5 Warriors (Blaster)
In Venom (Splinter Cannon, Night Shield)

Ravager (3x DL, Night Shield, Flicker Field)
Razorwing (Splinter Cannon, Flicker Field)

* Might trade in Agoniser on Archon for something else as I don't need two in the same squad.

The nice thing about this list is that I only need to buy one more Ravager on top of my old list.

My only worry is that the Archon and Wyches are now an all my cookies in one basket situation. At least before if they were shooting at both the Incubi and the Wyches I had a chance one of them would make it?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 12:50

Thanatos_elNyx wrote:

As for Haywire Grenades, as great as they are, I don't like the idea of running the Wyches onto a vehicle only to have it explode and take half of them with it. Sad

Haywires are good and though they can make a vehicle explode it is the least likely option (and when it happens it does suck), it is far more likely that you'll stun or shake it, or through combination wreck (go read the vehicle wreck section of transport damage and imagine you have surrounded a vehicle).

Thanatos_elNyx wrote:
So here is the new army list:

Archon (Agoniser * , Shadow Field and Combat Drugs)
9x Wyches (1x Shardnet + Heka with Agoniser)
All in Raider (Night Shield)

5 Warriors (Blaster)
In Raider (Night Shield)

5 Warriors (Blaster)
In Venom (Splinter Cannon, Night Shield)

Razorwing (Splinter Cannon, Flicker Field)

* Might trade in Agoniser on Archon for something else as I don't need two in the same squad.

The nice thing about this list is that I only need to buy one more Ravager on top of my old list.

Much better I like it

Thanatos_elNyx wrote:
My only worry is that the Archon and Wyches are now an all my cookies in one basket situation. At least before if they were shooting at both the Incubi and the Wyches I had a chance one of them would make it?

Your tyranid partner should be doing the heavy lifting in assault you should be back up for him.

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids   1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Army List for Team Up with Tyranids
Page 1 of 1