THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Another New Distraction - Tau Empire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Another New Distraction - Tau Empire Empty
PostSubject: Another New Distraction - Tau Empire   Another New Distraction - Tau Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:30

So I started the 40k aspect of the hobby with the Tau. For years I have had a liking of their battlesuits and the general look of the figures. I've started a few projects a few times only to push it aside when something else came out. Well I already own a good amount of Tau figures, and just as with the Demons and the ally rule, I figure since I already own a few why not paint them up?

Here is a general list of what I have for the Tau at the moment.
HQ + Elites
Crisis Commander
4 - 5 Xv8 Crisis Suits
4 - 6 Steathsuits
Troops
24 Firewarriors with Pulse Rifles
8 Firewarriors (no guns; couldnt decide if I should arm a few with Carbines or not)
20+ Kroot (think the should be repainting, tho I'll discuss that another time with pictures)
FastAttack
10 Pathfinders (New box. Was planning on making 3 with Ion, 2-3 with Rails and the rest with Carbines, 2 Squad leaders)
"ALOT" of spare gun drones, maybe 10-20?
Heavy Support
3+ Old Broadsides
2 Hammerheads (one unassembled, plan on magnetizing the other is all messed up and needs repairs)

All my Crisis Suits are magnetized as I find magnets to be fun and usfull especially with Tau. My plan is to update the army a bit, touch up but not complete repaint of stuff. I also am trying to figure out how to propery "mark" the Tau by rank and Sept. My original idea was to just modify the Tau scheme slightly. Heres what I was working with as well as some pictures of my force at the moment.

This is the basic Firewarrior, I wanted to add a bit more color to him
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire FireWarriorColorScheme

and this is my Shas'ui, I painted a few panels on the shoulder a bone color as well as the helmet
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire FireWarriorColorSchemeShasui

Another New Distraction - Tau Empire IMG_1654_zpsaddf2bf1
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire IMG_1660_zps8fa8eb2a
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire IMG_1659_zpsc449c7bc
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire IMG_1655_zpscbdc87cc

I am having a bit of trouble getting the scheme done "right" tho. I am thinking of using the red marking as the "Sept" color and adding the stripes and random panels in that color across the squad and just keeping the idea of having the bone panelings on the Shas'ui. I liked the red panel on all the fire warriors as it added a bit more to them. What do you think from the first few shots? The few that are painted with the "white sept markings" look at them and picture the markings in red instead. Having trouble wording my question on that part of it, but anyway, what do you think?

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Another New Distraction - Tau Empire   Another New Distraction - Tau Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:38

They look good, from what I can see at least. Became thinking a bit myself about taking up Tau again now when they were released again, especially because of the the XV104 Gundamtide Smile

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another New Distraction - Tau Empire   Another New Distraction - Tau Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:42

Here updated the picture with paint for my planned scheme with the proper "sept markings" its a bit different from the codex rules on markings but I think it still gets the general idea around
Another New Distraction - Tau Empire Tau-FirewarriorRed_zpsa4b4768b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another New Distraction - Tau Empire   Another New Distraction - Tau Empire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another New Distraction - Tau Empire
Page 1 of 1